part one of Unforgettable Days is now complete: http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/unforgettable/pt1.html

part four of Dynamics of Social Change is also finished: http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/dynamics/pt4.html

Edited by karphead ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

i just got DoSC in the mail and have time to type up a chapter. are 2, 3,and 5 left? i could do 3...

sure, if you want to start on 3 that'd be great. there's a blank page that you can use as template ( http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/dynamics/pt3.html ). thanks!

dont worry too much about html formatting for footnotes or any corrections, just give me the text and i can plug it in.

Edited by karphead ()

welp, i let the readmarxeveryday.ml domain expire accidentally. didn't get the renewal notification in time because i gave them an email address i don't check very often. the domain service instantly parked on the domain so it'd cost money to get back. i'll check every once in awhile to see if it's freed up because i really liked the .ml TLD.

so, i spent my Sunday morning buying www.readmarxeveryday.org and trying to get it up and running (pain in the arse). i'll update the 1st post - mods, can someone update the thread title?

http://www.readmarxeveryday.org

toyatathon, i will email you details. btw, i made toyotathon a backup admin.

karphead posted:

can someone update the thread title?

thank jou. also, not to nitpick, but can you change it so it says www.readmarxeveryday.org? it won't work without the www for boring reasons.

waiting for the nameservers to propagate it over the internet so people know where the server is, it might be down for a day

karphead posted:

thank jou. also, not to nitpick, but can you change it so it says www.readmarxeveryday.org? it won't work without the www for boring reasons.

is the subdomain req something an A or CNAME record could resolve? (i.e., point the naked domain to the www ip)
thanks for maintaining it fish. a heads-up, the link at the bottom of the page to sakai's selected writings still routes to the .ml page.

Constantignoble posted:

is the subdomain req something an A or CNAME record could resolve? (i.e., point the naked domain to the www ip)

the c-name for the www address goes to the cloud server. the company thats hosting the domain wont allow that address as a link ro the A record. might be a workaround by getting a static ip. told you it was boring.

thanks for the heads up on bad links - I'll go through the site today to doublecheck myself

[account deactivated]
it is finished *dies*

http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/strike/index.html

i think i got the majority of errors fixed and it's stylized to the extent that i can live with. if i add to this in the future I'll add an image archive (because theres a lot of that i didnt use - all available in the zip file download though). pm me if u come across any typos/issues.

BR were rad as hell - more like B-Rad (brigate rosse, awesome division)

later commies
rip and see you later.
grover furr plugging the website in emails <3

"My book _Blood Lies_ now available completely in HTML format, to be read on line!"

"Dear friends:

Here's the Home Page:

http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/

Move your cursor over the cover of my book, _Blood Lies_. See what they
say about it!"

notice me, senpai
oh hells yet
got a personal thanks from gf. not that gf, the other one.

6:21 PM (0 minutes ago)
to Grover

greetings, fellow traveller!

i'm happy you liked the blurb - it's always a concern summing up a book in one sentence, but i think it's pretty succinct :D

that page (www.readmarxeveryday.org) is basically my thanks to my fellow posters on tHE rHizzonE, who were the ones that introduced and originally transcribed those books. your book in particular, has been promoted by our forum user "swampman" for years now and was how i was introduced to it. i'm assuming you've been in touch, but if not, xhey're the one you should really be thanking...

as well as you of course, for your work. transcribing this into html, it's obvious how much time and effort was spent on it. it really is an amazing piece of work - both you and snyder's books. his for different reasons of course, haha. i've never read a book that sets out do destroy another one, and does so, so completely. maybe if you want to count origin of the species destroying the bible. that was a pretty good one.

i just re-zipped the site here: http://www.readmarxeveryday.org/bloodlies/xtras/bloodlies.zip

it should contain everything you would need to host it on your own site, it'll always have a home on my own, thanks again.

take care,

Good.

cars posted:

Good.

i want to put up killing hope and without sanctuary, thoughts?
Killing Hope is already available as an ebook FYI.
just head over to readmarxeveryday.org/cia/library/abbottabad-compound/Killing_Hope_Blum_William.pdf
i shant be going to that link. i think killing hope will translate really well to the same type of formatting i've been doing for the others, so i'm going to work on that.
also, you can unsticky this thread, it's not exactly moving at a rapid clip
nah leave it. good reference material & easy to access. some days u need a reminder, to read marx every day
unsticky it i don't want to be reminded of my stupid posts - i'll bump it as necessary

edit; put a link in swampmans stupid xhread and be done with, didn't want this stickied, opposed to sticky threds in general, everything stickied will eventually be unstickied

Edited by karphead ()

unstickied as requested.
im pro sticky and if this was dytd id sticky all ur fucking posts out of spite esp your bad posts
couldn't remember the url, scrolled through the forum like a lost duckling trying to find the thread. bring back the sticky, I beg of you
howoftenshouldibereadingmarx.org
everyday.se
bump
Reading boffy's sophistry on the comments section of Michael Roberts blog is the only motivation one needs to read volumes 2-3 of capital & ToSV. I know what i'm doing this summer.
boffy...
i swear to god, you see that guy, you know something absurdly stupid is about to be defended with 50 quotations from marx
boffy the tankie slayer
i should link up to MR's blog on the site

marlax78 posted:

Reading boffy's sophistry on the comments section of Michael Roberts blog is the only motivation one needs to read volumes 2-3 of capital & ToSV. I know what i'm doing this summer.

God i hate that guy though I skip his posts. I once told MR to ban him in the comments section but he's old and doesn't understand how the internet works. Also the guy who always responds to him once had a long discussion on third worldism with thug lessons on revleft. I'm sure both sides were dumb. Lot of lost trots online.

lol MR is just like "boffy, these are not comments, please submit these to your own blog" and boffy is totally oblivious to the fact the world hates him. intellectuals tend to have a persecution complex and think the mods are forcing them to drink the hemlock, but the most annoying thing about marxist intellectuals is that no one can lay out their point without first reminding everyone of the basic points of the first few parts of capital volume one. like come on, your target audience isn't that stupid, espeically given marxism isn't exactly hegemonic. but boffy is particularly annoying because he talks to people there just as intelligent as he is as if what they are saying is reducible to them not knowing something he does, and not them reaching totally different conclusions while operating in the the same theoretical tradition. no amount of facts will convince boffy otherwise, given he reads posts corroborating the long depression thesis every single day and still thinks all is well for capital if it wasn't for the stupidity of Trump and BoJo

Edited by marlax78 ()