[account deactivated]
I went to see

And

I like all this Dais stuff:

Reminds me of Clan of Xymox but better. The music is good but I think the most innovative part of pop music is in the visuals (always has been), and then I went back and watched another video of theirs ("Oxytocin") and suddenly noticed the director and the actors are largely a local crew / gang / kollectiv of trans women artists who I noticed at the SRSQ show the other night. Feels like I'm the last guy to figure things out around here. Anyways I'm getting into risky territory but I feel like the innovation and the cutting-edge visuals here are inseperable from a trans sensibility. It's spectacular and hyper futuristic though they'll also mix in antique floral patterns for the wallpaper while the performers are talking into landline phones and using vintage computers. I don't know how it connects together but this seems like one way a trans style of expression can reveal itself.

Also looks like cyberpunk in the actual good Blade Runner (1982) version

Edited by trakfactri ()

i'm really psyched you're seeing all these local goths live but i do agree, as a trans woman and a scold, that this is risky territory:

"I feel like the innovation and the cutting-edge visuals here are inseperable from a trans sensibility. It's spectacular and hyper futuristic though they'll also mix in antique floral patterns for the wallpaper while the performers are talking into landline phones and using vintage computers."

because you're right, but i think this kind of retro-futurist, really playing up the sad/aesthete femme aspect thing in general, which was super big in chillwave/vaporwave, has gotten a little played out and it's something i personally def indulged in and want to distance myself from/escape. there are so many more modalities of transgender expression.

Edited by trakfactri ()

[account deactivated]
Mitchell Trio owns.
While they're here.
happy new dean blunt day every body

re-release

Edited by kinch ()

current mood:

Edited by parabolart ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
that gum you like is going to come back in style
you know how death grips have that song "beware" with the charles manson "i'm the king, man" quote?

just imagine that but narrated by rodney dangerfield

list the top five live bands that you've seen. live. as a human. gender-neutral. fascists included. might be good data to have. so yes, please declare yourself as a fascist when you post. thank you.
4got about this 1

fine. fuck you. top five bnads ive seen live:

karp
rftc
boredoms
rodan
soulside
y'know what's funny, it was only now that karp came into my mind (becauas i only saw them once) but yeah, i have to put them in my top five. like, duh doyyy.
[account deactivated]

oops i forgot jesus lizard, and in hindsight fuck that list