Parody thread for everyone to post their recordings and talk about making music in
i switched to Reaper years ago
i cant believe you had the audacity to post this

if i am reading this meme correctly, FL is for dabblers whose real intention is popularity and Bro Tools is total devotion to sound. Ableton is optimal
at the risk of derailing a joke thread so early, a death went unremarked on this forum. Brzezinski, the guy who 'facilitated' the creation of mujahideen as well launching a rescue op which became the most spectacular fail in american military history (in its time), is now dead. RIP Mika
Bazinskis Disintegration tapes but it's a recording of a Rhizzone poster saying fail AIDS, fail AIDS, as their wife cries
we should, op, and download it from disreputable websites instead of paying the $10,000 price or whatever insane amount they charge for it
its like 80 bucks
thats 80 bucks you could be spending on avolattes
should i record a cover version of 'the belt and road is how'
belt the belt and road how out on dashboard cam
it'll never be as good as the last five year plan song
https://soundcloud.com/lonesomewireman87/lined-up-4-caustic
its probably taken me, all told, 4 years to figure out how to make a basic track on my own. lmao

it sort of sounds good, i laughed out loud when i finished the filter automation on the last part of the drums cos it sounded sort of like an actual track someone who knows what theyre doing would make.

one of the big disappointments of trying to bring all the 'elements' together was how bad most of the work field-recordings ive made over the years have been. some of the ones i made while i was at fedex are probably unsalvageably bad. they were just done on an iphone lying next to a rolling belt or in a truck or something. i have a tascam portable recorder now that does a lot better of a job and i'm in an environment that has a lot of unique sounds/weird areas. i have a couple hours of recordings from inside a storage tank, for instance.

my goal for the future is figure out how to do basslines live-ish and get better at different keys and progressions so i dont have to literally look at a piece of paper to remember where i can go next. i also got a busted mpc for cheap and i want to fix that and use it for drums, neither the 16-button 808 style or clicking-an-excel-spreadsheet style of drum programming make any sense to me.

Edited by stegosaurus ()

Seeing the gradual progression of stego learning to make detroit techno will be sick
i Often think about doing that sort of thing w the ambient sounds of my water plant. there is such a variety of wooshing and whining, dribbling gushing grinding and bleating (thers a goat farm next door). complex pneumatic controllers, valves tanks augers pumps alarms rakes fans electrlyzers injectors belts spigots drains, the kingfishers what live by the basins, the frogs in the lagoon, so much one could work with
i bought a tascam dr-05x and it sounds great. i say go for it.

stegosaurus posted:

one of the big disappointments of trying to bring all the 'elements' together was how bad most of the work field-recordings ive made over the years have been. some of the ones i made while i was at fedex are probably unsalvageably bad. they were just done on an iphone lying next to a rolling belt or in a truck or something.

have you considered just rolling with that and making noise

Im almost done with my new minecraft hip-hop parody.
I want to do the thing where u combine samples into new original music how do I do that.
https://soundcloud.com/lonesomewireman87/chipping-bit-one-floor-up

was this a toilet field recording
it was in a room in a parking garage right under where they were doing some chipping. it was kind of a small room but it wasnt a toilet.

kornfan posted:

I want to do the thing where u combine samples into new original music how do I do that.

the trick is that practically any noise can be percussive if you want it to be and you can make an instrument out of any sound. then you just lather on filters/effects/automation. i'm crap at digital production but here's a half-baked idea i just made where all of the instruments are made from diddy kong racing sfx. all you have to do is import whatever .wav files you have and you're off to go. most production environments (ableton, fl studio, whatever) make it really easy for you. and most have sampler editors built-in so you can take a song/voice recording/etc and chop it down to a sample yourself so anything's possible

Edited by nearlyoctober ()

posting these in memory of dearly departed posters..

https://cuda.bandcamp.com
https://nofreewill.bandcamp.com

pip
Yes
YES
10.1 is out
did u actually buy ableton cars, or just the crippled $100 intro version? afaik the only crack for 10 rn has a cryptominer on it.
anyway im about to make a song entirely sampled from morrowind, its gonna suck
I bought Morrowind, Ableton, Ablewind and Skyrim 2 with genuine bitcoin, and I think maybe you’re the real racist here for questioning me.

aerdil posted:

anyway im about to make a song entirely sampled from morrowind, its gonna suck

i got one of these fellas a while back and im probably going to make some post mortem electronics style noisy crap with it.