i like your stupid stories
Well if its a good story who cares.
*opens new tab to search "how to friend a horse"*

Populares posted:

Well if its a good story who cares.

who cares about anything!!

too busy being gay w a flesh and blood woman to be a principled communist rn or even really keep abreast of whats going on. processing tons of accumulated traumas, also. she's fun to make music with, too...
"washington promises they won't overreact to pyongyang missile test" and "this venezuela II business is some animaniacs shit" is about as much as i'm aware of atm re:current news

cars posted:

*opens new tab to search "how to friend a horse"*

just send it a request

psychicdriver posted:

too busy being gay w a flesh and blood woman to be a principled communist rn or even really keep abreast of whats going on. processing tons of accumulated traumas, also. she's fun to make music with, too...

get her an account

i got postblocked for posting goatse on facebook. rip
Nazism is still fine though.
feel like i just got above the poverty line after being underwater for a few months. that shit sucks.
other than family i didn't have to go into debt anywhere else, which i realize is a privilege in itself. fine. you got me.
i was getting ready to throw it all away and head for a garbage dump to finish my existence. but then i remembered i can just start stiffing my landlords. life continues at full speed
[account deactivated]
had an older white lady client the other day that told me she used to know members of the Black Panthers. she said not to believe the thuggish media portrayal and described their dedication to feeding the poor (which she compared to Meals on Wheels) and how honorable they were. i was like hell yeah, spread the truth
A lot of hotel chains nowadays have unsecured, OOTB-configured routers strapped to the back of flatscreens for wired movie streaming through a guest's subscription services. So instead of buying the hotel's 10-Mbps-download "high-speed" wireless or connecting to their LAN through the desk phone for the exact same service, just undo a couple twist-ties behind your room's TV, yank the unnecessarily long Ethernet cable out of the router and plug it into to your laptop for 200+ Mbps download speeds free of charge. Handy travel tips from daddyholes that are almost on topic for this thread.
neurologists office called an hour and a half before my appt to cancel
I met a woman in the elevator leaving the library the other day, got talking, ended up going to dinner together, very lovely, then she mentioned that she was really excited to see Hamilton one day and I feel like an asshole but the attraction that was there just died.
i'd like to say you shouldn't give up, but instead should try to radicalise her to the point where you laugh at that moment in the future, but it's your time and you might feel it's not worth it.

Parenti posted:

are you trying to get reposted on @rhizzone_txt? because thats how you get reposted on @rhizzone_txt

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

Red_Canadian posted:

i'd like to say you shouldn't give up, but instead should try to radicalise her to the point where you laugh at that moment in the future, but it's your time and you might feel it's not worth it.

Oh for sure, dating someone that you don't like now but think you can change into a person you would like in the future is a great plan that always works out well for everyone involved.

shriekingviolet posted:

Oh for sure, dating someone that you don't like now but think you can change into a person you would like in the future is a great plan that always works out well for everyone involved.

I too consider having the correct line on the Sino-Soviet split a deep seated personality trait worthy of the dating banhammer

are you guys sure this is so ideological? perhaps we could all hate on Hamilton... as Americans
Let me talk to her

Red_Canadian posted:

i wish someone would get around to radicalising you one of these days!!

Parenti posted:

I met a woman in the elevator leaving the library the other day, got talking, ended up going to dinner together, very lovely, then she mentioned that she was really excited to see Hamilton one day and I feel like an asshole but the attraction that was there just died.

Maybe it would have been better to just be honest about your own feelings. If for example, you had pointed out that all of the main characters were slave-driving rapists, and produced a copy of Gerald Horne "The Counter-Revolution of 1776" they would have said "haha yeah I know it's fascistic and the lyrics are inane, but I'm a sucker for musical theater" and then in turn they would have forgiven you for having watched 70%+ of the Avengers movies despite the foreknowledge that every ten minutes you spend slumped through the end credits of each movie to catch the commercial for its successor, is ten minutes spent in a meditative free fall through the cosmic void of your dead heart

swampman posted:

in turn they would have forgiven you for having watched 70%+ of the Avengers movies despite the foreknowledge that every ten minutes you spend slumped through the end credits of each movie to catch the commercial for its successor, is ten minutes spent in a meditative free fall through the cosmic void of your dead heart

lmfao jesus christ

Dating! It’s tough for everyone sometimes. That’s why we need to bring back heavily supervised courting per my manifesto.

dimashq posted:

Let me talk to her

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
This never would have happened to the REAL Parenti.

Petrol posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

I too consider having the correct line on the Sino-Soviet split a deep seated personality trait worthy of the dating banhammer

actually this is a great metaphor for the Sino-Soviet split

Red_Canadian posted:

while my time definitely isn't worth anything at all, I subscribe to the school of thought on dating that shriekingviolet outlined above

Petrol posted:

shriekingviolet posted:

swampman posted:

Parenti posted:

Maybe it would have been better to just be honest about your own feelings. If for example, you had pointed out that all of the main characters were slave-driving rapists, and produced a copy of Gerald Horne "The Counter-Revolution of 1776" they would have said "haha yeah I know it's fascistic and the lyrics are inane, but I'm a sucker for musical theater" and then in turn they would have forgiven you for having watched 70%+ of the Avengers movies despite the foreknowledge that every ten minutes you spend slumped through the end credits of each movie to catch the commercial for its successor, is ten minutes spent in a meditative free fall through the cosmic void of your dead heart

Please disable your ad blocker when reading my posts.

I haven't seen any Avengers movie but I have read that Horne book. I wish I knew how to search my posts better, I think I posted about making a connection with someone at a picnic and then bringing up that Horne book and saying that the American Revolution was bad and she got very angry at that and we got into a drunk argument about it and never spoke again.

jansenist_drugstore posted:

i love imagining this interaction because it sounded like she just slipped it in there:

fifth floor

parenti: hey, books are great, huh?

elevator woman: yeah, i love reading as much i love --

fourth floor

parenti: -- yeah, reading is great.

elevator woman: i know. i also love libraries. i really like the way that they smell... so much better than e-books.

third floor

parenti: i know right? hey, would you be interested in dinner some time?

elevator woman: totally! that sounds really fun. speaking of fun, i'm really excited to see Hamilton one day.

second floor

first floor
parenti: *has a coughing fit and pretends to die*

Courting, Marriage, Children, and Divorce before the elevator ride ends.

Petrol posted:

I've actually been talking with the real Parenti recently. :) Got his phone number he's a nice guy. If I make it out to the West Coast this winter I'm going to meet him.

Ngl parenti you seem like an interesting dude irl

Parenti posted:

Petrol posted:

I've actually been talking with the real Parenti recently. :) Got his phone number he's a nice guy. If I make it out to the West Coast this winter I'm going to meet him.

let me talk to him

Making out in the vampire’s castle
parenti vs. parenti
get him an account, lol