oz katerji destroying turing police, the most influential figure among assad supporters worldwide

sovnarkoman posted:

oz katerji destroying turing police, the most influential figure among assad supporters worldwide

lol that reminds me of something, more for the twitter containment thread but this is tangential to syria and quite funny. so oz tried to doxx another account he doesn't like the other day. then he started screengrabbing a young feminist writer's messages of support to the account he was harassing and this sent his psycho followers her way. they began giving her shit for writing about her depression. then this weird 0 follower account popped up and started harassing her too. she clocked it was oz using an alt to circumvent her block so she said she if he didn't call it a night she would sue him for injury. the alt was immediately deleted. then not even thirty seconds later oz posted a message on his main denying everything and donated 21 quid to a mental health charity. anyway he resumed trying to doxx the owner of the other account, who it turns out is a lawyer irl, and they also threatened to sue for stress and injury, and said they would demand disclosure of all oz's DMs to syrian rebel groups, and oz suddenly went really quiet, just sort of passively aggressively tweeting shit for another day or so before giving it up as a bad job. this piece of shit is boosted by george monbiot and the new statesman on the regular, for fuck's sake.

Edited by ghostpinballer ()

i reported one of those oz doxxing tweets. of course hes allowed to do that though because hes mi6 or whatever and they pay him to just be a vicious psycho asshole on twitter all day

ilmdge posted:

i reported one of those oz doxxing tweets. of course hes allowed to do that though because hes mi6 or whatever and they pay him to just be a vicious psycho asshole on twitter all day

honestly go back and forth on this. i know the suspicions about him are half-joking but he's had a very weird run of it. on the one hand he's too much of a loudmouth dumbass to be an effective op, but on the other maybe that's why he was tapped up, because nobody mainstream would suspect. and i still can't square how someone goes from writing this...

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/mvwyzq/israel-orthodox-jew-glasses-stop-men-from-perving-over-women

...to embedding with sunni militias and screaming at jeremy corbyn in public. how many other journalists have moved from writing articles that are literally tagged "sexually harassing women in the street" to working with the atlantic council. probably loads come to think of it. plus he's pretty good friends with james ball, who is now basically a mouthpiece for intelligence agencies and was linked to that integrity initiative deal that everyone in the UK media buried and forgot about.

god i hate oz.

Edited by ghostpinballer ()

also his favoured tactic of trying to get people fired and publicly disgraced is a proper MI6 move
I thought MI6 just blackmailed people like Oz to work for them, then I see how he dresses in public and I realize he is literally without shame.

ghostpinballer posted:

ilmdge posted:

honestly go back and forth on this. i know the suspicions about him are half-joking but he's had a very weird run of it. on the one hand he's too much of a loudmouth dumbass to be an effective op, but on the other maybe that's why he was tapped up, because nobody mainstream would suspect. and i still can't square how someone goes from writing this...

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/mvwyzq/israel-orthodox-jew-glasses-stop-men-from-perving-over-women

...to embedding with sunni militias and screaming at jeremy corbyn in public. how many other journalists have moved from writing articles that are literally tagged "sexually harassing women in the street" to working with the atlantic council. probably loads come to think of it. plus he's pretty good friends with james ball, who is now basically a mouthpiece for intelligence agencies and was linked to that integrity initiative deal that everyone in the UK media buried and forgot about.

god i hate oz.

out of the loop atm cos brexit is a bog of shit sucking up everyone's attention, anyone got any more details on this atm?
lol https://www.newsweek.com/syria-give-israel-south-carolina-golan-lindsey-graham-1378753

Syria's envoy to the United Nations suggested that the United States offer Israel land that Washington actually had jurisdiction over rather than the occupied Golan Heights.

Bashar al-Jaafari, Syria's permanent representative to the United Nations, made the remarks at a Security Council session organized Thursday at his country's request in the wake of President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights. He called the decision "null and void" and warned of "a serious and unprecedented delinquency in the current U.S. administration toward undermining international law and insulting the United Nations."

"The Syrian Arab Golan is ours and will return to us," Jaafari asserted, arguing the disputed land would not "be part of some damned and wicked deal, or a pawn to be exchanged for support in your electoral games," which should instead concern "the territory of the American administration."

"America is a wide and vast country, so why doesn't it give up a state or two of the United States to the Israelis, for example, North Carolina or South Carolina?" Jaafari asked, as his Israeli counterpart, Danny Danon, laughed and shook his head. "South Carolina is nice, because it's the land of Senator Lindsey Graham, who supported President Trump in his actions."

danny danon is afucking cunt and i wish someone would make him look as stupid and desperate for support as nikki haley at a general assembly.
Nikki Haley has no conscience. She's going to run for president of United States some day and win.

ultramega posted:

danny danon is afucking cunt and i wish someone would make him look as stupid and desperate for support as nikki haley at a general assembly.

time to update
theresa may soon be gone too
https://www.salon.com/2019/04/21/reporter-sharmine-narwani-on-the-secret-history-of-americas-defeat-in-syria/

To what extent do you think Syria changed the U.S. position in the Middle East as a whole? It seems as if we are coming out of an important passage in the long story of American involvement in the region.

The U.S. was already exiting the Middle East before the so-called “Arab uprisings” kicked off. Whoever in the U.S. national security apparatus made the decision to stick around and redirect these uprisings against regional adversaries made a colossal mistake. I want to write about this one day because it’s important. I believe the Syrian conflict constitutes the main battlefield in a kind of World War III. The world wars were, in essence, great-power wars, after which the global order reshuffled a bit and new global institutions were established.

Look around you now. We have had a reshuffle in the balance of power in recent years, with Russia, China, Iran in ascendance and Europe and North America in decline. That’s not to say that Washington, London or Paris don’t have levers left to pull: They do. But it is on the back of the Syrian conflict that a great-power battle was fought, and in its wake, new international institutions for finance, defense and policymaking have been born or transformed.

I’m not just talking about the strengthening of the BRICS , the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, the Eurasian Union, etc. I mean the world’s networks are shifting hands, too. What will happen to Western-controlled shipping routes now that Asia has started to build faster, cheaper land routes? Will the SWIFT system survive when an alternative is agreed upon to bypass U.S. sanctions everywhere? There are so many examples of these shifts. It’s not to say that they are due to events in Syria, but rather that Syria triggered the great-power battle that unleashed the potential of this new order much more quickly and efficiently.

Keep in mind that World War III was never going to be like the other two conventionally fought wars…. It was always going to be an irregular war that would escalate on multiple fronts — not just regime change events, but financial pressures, sanctions, propaganda, political subversion activities, destabilization, increased terrorism, proxy fights and so on. The battle for global hegemony really began to unfold over Syria, though, when the Russians, Iranians and Chinese decided to draw a line and put up a fight. The world changed after that.

reminder

babyhueypnewton posted:

https://www.salon.com/2019/04/21/reporter-sharmine-narwani-on-the-secret-history-of-americas-defeat-in-syria/quite surprised but encouraged salon have run this

Salon let Ben Norton write a bunch of Syria stuff and then he put up articles about Israel and Guantanamo and they fired him immediately
is idlib on? airstrikes, pictures of white helmets rescuing kittens from rubble, and erdogan shitting it would suggest there's something bigger coming.

meanwhile HTS are implementing their standard meat shield strategy. i read in the guardian and nyt that their administrative arm have "officially" banned civilians from sheltering in "council" buildings during airstrikes, "requisitioned" food and medicine from the populace, and, buried way down every piece, people are once again being executed for trying to escape. the moderate rebels fighting alongside them are mysteriously unavailable for comment but they're definitely there, cos I'm seeing soothing pink blobs in amongst all those angry reds denoting rebel territory on the cool maps they love posting on news sites.

aleppo all over again?
oh and naturally every building in idlib is now a hospital
the new york times has published an investigation into assads spooky secret torture dungeons that you can see on google maps thats written by a fellow of the council on foreign relations, i am sure that this appearing at the same time as this idlib business is just coincidence
MoA posted an article about the 2018 chemical attack in douma. someone finally got a hold of the OPCW's engineering assessment, which was withheld from their final report.

32. At this stage the FFM engineering sub-team cannot be certain that the cylinders at either location arrived there as a result of being dropped from an aircraft. The dimensions, characteristics and appearances of the cylinders and the surrounding scene of the incidents, were inconsistent with what would have been expected in the case of either cylinder having been delivered from an aircraft. In each case the alternative hypothesis produced the only plausible explanation for observations at the scene.

33. In summary, observations at the scene of the two locations, together with subsequent analysis, suggest that there is a higher probability that both cylinders were manually placed at those two locations rather than being delivered from aircraft.

they rehosted the whole thing https://www.moonofalabama.org/images8/Engineering-assessment-of-two-cylinders-observed-at-the-Douma-incident-27-February-2019-1.pdf

kinch posted:

MoA posted an article about the 2018 chemical attack in douma. someone finally got a hold of the OPCW's engineering assessment, which was withheld from their final report.

32. At this stage the FFM engineering sub-team cannot be certain that the cylinders at either location arrived there as a result of being dropped from an aircraft. The dimensions, characteristics and appearances of the cylinders and the surrounding scene of the incidents, were inconsistent with what would have been expected in the case of either cylinder having been delivered from an aircraft. In each case the alternative hypothesis produced the only plausible explanation for observations at the scene.

33. In summary, observations at the scene of the two locations, together with subsequent analysis, suggest that there is a higher probability that both cylinders were manually placed at those two locations rather than being delivered from aircraft.

they rehosted the whole thing https://www.moonofalabama.org/images8/Engineering-assessment-of-two-cylinders-observed-at-the-Douma-incident-27-February-2019-1.pdf

documents are extremely my shit, thanks very much

bit late but the latest victim of the curse should be recorded here for posterity

Interesting news/propaganda operation in the belgian press today which will probably hit the atlantic council cbw crew in translation in a moment.
3 ngo's just sued BASF for "delivering chemical weapons precursors to syria" five years ago. reading the article, the smoking gun they are talking about is diethylamine. It's claimed that this is a precursor for VX. However, it's not (the amine precursor for VX is diisopropylamine) and there is no common way that diethylamine would be involved in any way in that process. Also, even if it was, VX was never used in Syria.
Diethylamine is a precursor for some obscure members of the V series but those have no known history of usage, and have some downsides compared to VX such as stability. Also, it is a basic precursor for LSD and DEET.
HTS and pals have attacked, taken, and lost villages around idlib in the last 24 hours. this is definitely all part of the plan, apparently.

turkey won't give the contras plane-killing tech because russians are flying those jets, and they're looking to buy some discount air defense systems from moscow as part of ongoing efforts to get in closer with russia. so this makes it impossible for al qaeda and affiliates to hold anywhere for very long without being bombarded from above. the SAA retook the villages in short order.

the US position on all this is even more confusing than it was last year, if that's possible. altho chemical weapons are very much still something they definitely want to see used to give them a pretext for deeper involvement. i think saudi have more or less cut their losses for now, considering they currently have houthis launching ground invasions of KSA territory just for fun.

on it grinds.
It definitely "sends a message" when you can't hold territory, which is that you can't hold territory

cars posted:

It definitely "sends a message" when you can't hold territory, which is that you can't hold territory

oh you retook the village we attacked lol sucks 2 b u hun we didn't even want it. owned.

I hear the Houthis invaded Saudi Arabia again. Has happened many times. Sad.
Also looks like HTS and pals have been given the green light to break out their U.S.-supplied TOWs routed through Turkey. More ATGM launches in May than in the past two years:

See:

every single time a famous rebel gets killed, the hagiography paints them as these romantic, complex souls carried helplessly along by the tide of history, and lots of whites in western media sanctify them as tragic, flawed heroes brought low by years of gruelling bloodshed, and then video inevitably emerges of these beautiful victims singing "rape and murder to the perfidious druze" or something at a wedding months before the protests even began.
israel is bombing syria again
israel killed a dozen civilians in their bombing run, including an infant.
[account deactivated]
*incredibly CIA voice* ISIS is usurping the legitimate revolution in Syria
Didn't see a Yemen thread but the UAE has lost the war and is pulling most of its army men out.

That's condescending if you ask me. The Houthis are not "Yemeni Viet Cong" they're just Yemeni. Just admit they beat your ass, Mike.
a ringing endorsement of the houthi by the commander of the emirati presidential guard, not something i expected to see