[account deactivated]
Mercenary and anti-Iranian private "intelligence" groups allied with Israel and KSA trying to "create the conditions" via false flag attacks. These are rusty old tankers ready to go to scrapyards -- the KSA-flagged "Al Marzoqah" was built in 1999; typical life cycle is 10 years.

And/or the Saudis want to jack up oil prices. The U.S. turned off the taps for Venezuela and Iran (refusing to renew oil sanctions waivers earlier in May), and Libyan exports are down because Haftar is rolling on Tripoli. Saudi Arabia has lots of leverage now to send prices north to pay for its Yemen war and get its own fiscal house in order generally: https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Saudi-Arabias-Dream-Of-85-Oil-Is-Closer-Than-Ever.html
didnt houthi officials say that they bombed pipelines with drones
Old, corrupt men like Bolton want to provoke a conflict that will send idealistic young people to an early grave. That would be bad enough but Bolton is also stupid and incompetent and top brass knows this:

[account deactivated]

The NATO military intelligence official said Pompeo’s clumsy attempt to gin up support for the U.S.’s dealings with Iran fell on deaf ears.

“The briefing was a dog’s breakfast of things that happen every day, rumors, poorly-sourced things we suspect are planted information, and of course, some pictures of boats that the Iranians have put some missiles on,” he said, referencing the photograph of an Iranian missile on a small boat in the Persian Gulf that was recently declassified, according to the New York Times, by U.S. intelligence agents who wanted to prove that Iran is indeed a threat. “Iranians have been putting missiles on boats in the Gulf since the 1980s. That’s what you do when you don’t have proper blue water navy.”

Don't see it here and apropos of nothing in particular, but one of the traps that people can fall into when top government people are trying to heat things up with Venezuela, Iran, etc. is that it's easy to hyperventilate at every development, which isn't really healthy. I'm reminded of red_dread's thread about Amerikkkan Marxist parties and them witnessing this, and these parties exploiting that sense of looming war doom, when the reality is that the top government people are trying to heat things up but they're also frequently bungling it the whole way -- although that contains dangers in itself: the dog's breakfast of bad intelligence is being eaten all the time in the White House.

So I try to follow what's going on but I'm also thinking "well, there's not much really happening so call me when they start bombing." Not sure if that's the right attitude either though
so imo this forum shouldn’t necessarily be guided by a thread about how the red guards are winning street by street in the U.S. or whatever bullshit. Instead you should join an Org and stop making excuses. Individualist lifestylist Marxism is garbage.
Italian unions are refusing to load a Saudi ship because it’s toting weapons to blow up Yemen
Also: if we’re going to have the Just give up vs. join an Org fight it should probably happen in another thread, I’m sorry for hijacking Fayafi’s good thread that we need right now, please post elaborate denunciations of my post elsewhere.

cars posted:

please post elaborate denunciations of my post elsewhere.

https://rhizzone.net/forum/topic/14705/?page=5#post-384769

Edited by tentativelurkeraccount ()

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. officials say Pentagon will present plans to White House to send up to 10,000 troops to Mideast amid Iran tension.

That ain't a whole lot.

[account deactivated]

U.S. President Donald Trump, declaring a national emergency because of tensions with Iran, swept aside objections from Congress on Friday to complete the sale of over $8 billion worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Jordan.

They include Raytheon precision-guided munitions (PGMs), support for Boeing Co F-15 aircraft, and Javelin anti-tank missiles, which are made by Raytheon and Lockheed Martin Corp.

Other companies that will benefit include General Electric, now cleared to sell engines for use in F-16 fighter jets operated by the UAE and the U.S. unit of French firm Thales, which was cleared to sell a fuzing system for Paveway IV precision guided bombs to Britain and the UAE.

It will also likely be welcome news for Britain’s BAE Systems Plc and Europe’s Airbus, clearing the way for installation of Paveway laser-guided bombs on European-built Eurofighter and Tornado fighter jets sold to Saudi Arabia, as well F-15 fighters built by Boeing.

Really messed up how the Iranians attacked two tankers including a Japanese ship, in the middle of the night, leaving no proof that they were responsible, and then rescuing the crews as the Japanese PM was in Iran trying to reduce tensions between Iran and the U.S. -- and also (even more deviously) attacking tankers carrying methanol and naphtha, not oil, which creates spectacular imagery for the media unlike the last time which targeted empty tankers and thus created no spectacular imagery. This shows the irrationality of the Iranian regime. For more read my full story at The Daily Beast
Once again lurking reddit because what better have i to do while waiting for death to envelop us all, and the contrast between the reception the Iran accusations are getting and the bloodthirsty liberal mobs on every story about china or venezuela is stark. I see that a lot of media is going out of its way to hitch the Iran provocations to the Trump administration and Bolton specifically, which is obviously true but no less true with venezuela for example. I guess the only real explanation is that the spooks are mostly not happy with how the administration is playing the Iran stuff and they're stoking pushback instead of enthusiastically playing it like another libya or syria scenario. Small blessings I guess
bellingcat have been on the job with google search and MS paint and can confirm the insidious shia blew up that ship to upset america, which was minding its own business

AP posted:

TOKYO — One of the tankers that were attacked in the Gulf of Oman was struck by a flying object, the ship’s Japanese operator said on Friday, disputing at least part of the account of United States officials who had blamed Iran for the attack.

“Our crew said that the ship was attacked by a flying object,” said Yutaka Katada, the president of the operator, Kokuka Sangyo.

American officials released video on Thursday that they said showed an Iranian boat crew removing a limpet mine attached to the hull of the damaged Kokuka Courageous, a tanker operated by Kokuka Sangyo.
But Mr. Katada, citing accounts from the ship’s crew, said: “I do not think there was a time bomb or an object attached to the side of the ship.”

Mr. Katada said that the holes in Kokuka Courageous were well above its waterline. “There is zero possibility that they were torpedoes,” he added.

president of japanese shipping company revealed as iranian asset, secret muslim

ghostpinballer posted:

bellingcat have been on the job with google search and MS paint and can confirm the insidious shia blew up that ship to upset america, which was minding its own business

be careful iran, your next move may only incriminate you further

It was me, I'm the secret Iranian terror agent that leaped out of the water with my scuba gear to attach a tiny underwater explosive charge 6 feet high over the waterline on the side of the boat, where it would cause no major damage or flooding.

And it is severely unfortunate and not at all a plot device literally ripped off frame for frame from a Jason Bourne movie, that this redundant bomb cunningly attached in a useless and extremely visible spot just happened to be the one that failed to explode.

trakfactri posted:

war criminal

cars posted:

trakfactri posted:

war criminal

Please he's only being ironic

Petrol posted:

Once again lurking reddit because what better have i to do while waiting for death to envelop us all, and the contrast between the reception the Iran accusations are getting and the bloodthirsty liberal mobs on every story about china or venezuela is stark. I see that a lot of media is going out of its way to hitch the Iran provocations to the Trump administration and Bolton specifically, which is obviously true but no less true with venezuela for example. I guess the only real explanation is that the spooks are mostly not happy with how the administration is playing the Iran stuff and they're stoking pushback instead of enthusiastically playing it like another libya or syria scenario. Small blessings I guess

I've mentioned this a lot because it's one of my pet things, but:

The U.S. global-booj/spook/Obama-admin in-group line on Iran is, IMO, Iran must not be destroyed in the same way as Iraq or Libya, because Iran will be one of the top countries in the world for GDP/GNP contribution from labor over the next 50 years.

That workforce will be absolutely crucial to disciplining worldwide labor in the next century, especially given how skilled and educated Iran's future workforce is likely to be compared to other countries on that list.

so... yeah

Petrol posted:

I guess the only real explanation is that the spooks are mostly not happy with how the administration is playing the Iran stuff and they're stoking pushback instead of enthusiastically playing it like another libya or syria scenario.

There are some other clumsy psyops exposed recently. One is "Heshmat Alavi," a fake writer and "political activist and supporter for regime change in Iran" concocted by the MEK (i.e. CIA) and published in: Forbes, The Hill, Voice of America (U.S. govt.), The Daily Caller, The Federalist, Al-Arabiya (Saudi govt.), The Diplomat, FrontPageMag and the American Thinker. Cited in a bunch of other places too and by the White House in a self-licking ice cream cone of fabricated "sources" to justify action.

The other psyop is the "Iran Disinformation Project" which is a State Department op and run through the hardline neocon Foundation for Defense of Democracies. The main purpose seemed to be to bully people in the Iranian diaspora online who criticized regime change / hardline policy and then escalated to bullying Iranian-American reporters for the U.S.'s own propaganda outlets like VOA, academics and other institutional people including one at the Atlantic Council and another at Human Rights Watch, which is just dumb.

Anyways both of those stories were in the press in the past two weeks or so which might bolster your theory Petrol

i guess if you want an idea of the forced liberal consensus on foreign policy stuff lurking reddit is a good alternative to trying to stomach late night tv show 'humor'
admittedly that is the lowest of bars
speaking of reddit, this is their 'director of policy'

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessicaashooh

edit for noclick:

Edited by kinch ()

hahahha of course
the last time someone sent me a reddit link, it was to a Falun Gong guy explaining China was unleashing the Yeti on children or whatever, I was surprised that it so perfectly played to the reputation that reddit has, because it was tens of thousands of site regulars responding in racist bloodthirsty hysteria to the contents of free propaganda newspapers that got passed out at college campuses three times a week in the early 2000s, so that on a regular schedule, every outdoor trash can had filled up to 200% capacity by noon from these papers alone and turned into the tip of a 3D cone of pulp newsprint slowly unfolding, expanding and tumbling out across the quad... big Trot energy

kinch posted:

speaking of reddit, this is their 'director of policy'

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessicaashooh

How disappointing must it have been to be an analyst in the UAE-branch fucking-of-Syria office during 2014-2015. Every single week your boss comes in and tells you that tomorrow you're going to be in Damascus deciding who gets to eat, who gets mass-executed etc. and it just never ever ever happens.

i am a cia man and i have seen some very disturbing evidence regarding the presence of vietnamese gunboats in the persian gulf, no you cannot see what i have seen just trust me we need to go to war
that brown moses guy dropped his NYT article in the c-spam bit of somethingawful that is like this place (but not as good, mods!) and they laughed him off the internet. anyway yes belingcat are drawing arrows in MS paint for the new york times, what a age we live in.
[account deactivated]
Significant discounts, halfprice06

ghostpinballer posted:

that brown moses guy dropped his NYT article in the c-spam bit of somethingawful that is like this place (but not as good, mods!) and they laughed him off the internet. anyway yes belingcat are drawing arrows in MS paint for the new york times, what a age we live in.

tangential post

lmao