haha wow,
it's like they say, you can't make an omelette without opening ever more jails, jails forever, and prisons
Modern = built in the present era, rather than decades or centuries ago
Community-based = built near and staffed with humans
https://rikers.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/Bronx-NAC-Meeting-4_Minutes.pdf

DISCUSSION OF WHAT WE HAVE HEARD SO FAR FROM THE BRONX NAC:

Community Facility Space inside the Facility

PE reviewed what we have heard so far from the Bronx NAC regarding
the NAC’s preferences for potential uses of the community space inside
the facility. The Bronx NAC preferences we have heard so far include:

○ CVS/Duane Reade/pharmacy
○ Restaurants, healthy food
○ Community meeting space
○ Preference given to local businesses/entrepreneurs
○ Ground-level of new potential affordable housing development to include a supermarket
○ Improvements to subway station
○ Lighting, cameras, other security measures
○ Make Concord Ave a two-way street
private prisons are an atrocity! we shouldn't hand over incarceration contracts to megacorporations! we should hand them to small artisanal handmade mom-n-pop prisons.
the 1 puhcent owns more than half of the prisons in the united states of america. we need a political revoluhshin for the 99 puhcent who owns less than the half
https://newyorkyimby.com/2019/06/facebooks-possible-1400-foot-penn15-supertall-revealed-as-vornado-appears-to-change-plans-for-401-seventh-avenue-in-midtown-manhattan.html Fuckerberg is gonna put a 88 foot spire on this price of shit
NYC thread
Facebook’s Possible 1,400-Foot ‘Penn15’ Supertall Revealed As Vornado Appears To Change Plans For 401 Seventh Avenue

Facebook’s Possible 1,400-Foot ‘Penn15’ Supertall Revealed As Vornado Appears To Change Plans For 401 Seventh Avenue

Yeah I was in the pen 15 club when I was a kid. You can join too, just let me write this on your hand
As a Supertall myself I'm glad we're finally getting recognized.

swampman posted:

https://newyorkyimby.com/2019/06/facebooks-possible-1400-foot-penn15-supertall-revealed-as-vornado-appears-to-change-plans-for-401-seventh-avenue-in-midtown-manhattan.htmlFuckerberg is gonna put a 88 foot spire on this price of shit

penn15

anyway if we are doing new york, i was hanging out down around elizabeth st. recently and looked up rents and saw rooms starting at $1700. the neighborhood i live in (way up in the bronx) also has about a six year lower life expectancy than down there :))))))
not only is rent lower but you dont have to pay it as long, seems like a win-win financially speaking

Parenti posted:

anyway if we are doing new york, i was hanging out down around elizabeth st. recently and looked up rents and saw rooms starting at $1700. the neighborhood i live in (way up in the bronx) also has about a six year lower life expectancy than down there :))))))

The residential parts south of harlem, and mot of harlem now too, have become a playground for rich kids ages 16-26, so yeah. dont expect to live there. you can get a room for uh, more than half that in my uh, working class neighborhood. i mean the people all have jobs which makes them working class right? thank you?

EYYY AHM AH FAWKIN NEW YORKAH OVAH HEAH
mot of harlem
ben laden just wanted americans to have access to affordable public transport