these stats are fuckin wild to me and i had to share

apparently median net worth in the US has fallen **30%** from 2007

post your favourite crazy late capitalism stats
(I've never had any net worth which is why this is garbage capitalism stats that are meaningless to material reality but even by the numbers they use it's a Bad Time)
I like Michael Roberts who has all kinds of charts showing world trade and industrial production falling fast:

https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2019/04/01/getting-longer-but-lower/

The newspapers say the trigger this time is a corporate debt bubble blowing up which will bring down the "zombie" companies that can't cover their debts (20 percent of companies).
number one: that's terror
let the cracking of skulls and the feasting of goo commence imo
nothing is as infuriating to me as the idiots who yell "but the world is getting better!!!" and they never seem to be challenged by stats like this
This is why I mainly like to follow Marxists and hedge fund people like this guy who reads the Financial Times instead of the New York Times. More honest that way. And even here the numbers are probably misleading when most Americans can't come up with a few hundred bucks to cover a medical emergency.

eat shit SPX havers

trakfactri posted:

the Financial Times instead of the New York Times. More honest that way.

Sorry to be a jerk but people really need to get past the idea that business-news magazine articles spell out the secret truths of the world.

cars posted:

Sorry to be a jerk but people really need to get past the idea that business-news magazine articles spell out the secret truths of the world.

No, I get it, like I'm starting to sound like the executive from Network shouting "there are no nations, cars! Only petrodollars! You have fucked with the primal forces of nature, cars!" But I think the FT is a better read because it's intended for people who actually run the world (hedge fund managers) rather than their lackeys who think they do (New York Times readers).

FT is a better read because the salmon colour is cute & easier on your eyes