shriekingviolet posted:

going to a wedding full of strangers tomorrow. i'll know my date and that's it lol

update: turns out I can't escape from knowing everyone in this town, the groom was a major organizer circa 2013 and we'd been mutually involved on multiple projects. cute wedding.

post-halloween candy potluck tonight, gonna mix up a bunch of tooth dissolving cocktails

god damn i love curling so mcuh
under capitalism sports takes the form of a fascination with numbers, statistics, and of the constant *hiccup* breaking of records, dulling its prior social form and turning it into a micro *hiccup* microcosm of capitalist expansion and intensification, under cOMmunism we will ban such behavior, reintroduce its true social function of fraternal bonding and fUn, fueled by copious rations of alcohol, and all overachivers will be shot, for the Good *hiccup* of all
it's cold out
every single restaurant and cafe in the seattle area is at all times hosting at least one first date courtesy of tinder. how can a date be so bad that it harms bystanders?

overheard today:

"Me? Republican. NOT moderate."
"You were in a coma? That won't impress me, let's change the subject."
"I think it's really important to support the arts. That's why I don't have any money."

Edited by winebaby ()

most first dates were literally always that bad
i bailed on some people who love me for a chance to hang out with some people who ended up bailing on me thanks to a terrible argument with their spouse and getting way too drunk, respectively. i am terribly alone, all my efforts are futile, and i yearn for fantastical destruction of everything and everyone around me,.

edit: got a sick new avy tho yeaaaaa

Edited by Scrree ()

I hope Scrree is doing well. If you're there Scree it's me.......... Daddyholes
hi daddyholes

my brain is so incredibly powerful that i don't even remember what that post was about lol
the last two months have fucking owned for me tbh so i haven't been drinking much, but i guess the thing that currently makes me want to obliterate myself with alcohol is that i've noticed whenever i experience long periods of comfort/'happiness' the class position that i occupy in our white supremacist hell culture means i find my actions and thoughts being subsumed into liberalism.

like i'm probably going to buy a car soon because i need one for work, and the entire automotive industry and auto-finance industry is fucking garbage that must be destroyed, but i still find myself feeling a rush of pleasure as i go through the motions of the purchase and contemplate 'owning' a car. it's not home-ownership levels of cracker devilry but it's still choosing to engage with the system, and in my irl social circles there is no one who would view that as worthy of critiquing, so it feels very easy to lose perspective.

i try to keep myself sane by muttering 'head-hitler in charge' whenever i see a bernie ad and reading settlers each night like it's the book of psalms, but i feel like i'm refusing to let my own realizations affect my actions. and that is the eleventh type of liberalism.
Scrree, please do whatever it takes to defeat Bernard Sanders and save the United States.

Scrree posted:

like i'm probably going to buy a car soon because i need one for work, and the entire automotive industry and auto-finance industry is fucking garbage that must be destroyed, but i still find myself feeling a rush of pleasure as i go through the motions of the purchase and contemplate 'owning' a car. it's not home-ownership levels of cracker devilry but it's still choosing to engage with the system, and in my irl social circles there is no one who would view that as worthy of critiquing, so it feels very easy to lose perspective.

ride a bike and take transit, shitface. hope that makes you feel better.

[account deactivated]
I don't think the average person, in their valuation of a car, is admiring the handiwork of proletarian.

It's more like 'this is a symbol of my level of wealth and autonomy/freedom as an individual'

Honestly who cares if you martyr yourself on the bus.
I use to handwash luxury cars. Sure, they admired their sparkling vehicles but the Bentley bastards would prefer the labor involved remained invisible and unspoken.
my glasses just spontaneously cracked. just sitting in my room, heard a subtle tink and now the one lens has got a big split right down the middle. got a big meeting tomorrow where i wanted to be impressive but now i guess i'll have to settle for "dickensian urchin"
brb im getting a hong kong law degree to argue w fools on the internet about the interpretation of speccifc subsections of the fugitive offenders and mutual legal assistance in criminal matters legislation amendment, how they relate to the current law, and how the bill does not actually permit those communists to throw rich hk kids into uyghur death camps for the felonious crime of posting on facebook about how they wish the queen still directly appointed the whole government
  • they was playing the world cup
https://globalnews.ca/news/4259315/irish-whiskey-shortage/

nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo
this is extremely troubling news but due to the availability of other liquors should not impede anyone in their responsibility to dttd
irish potato drought
it looks like drought but it pronounced draft
every first date ive had (a few in the last four months) has gone swimmingly well. charming, entertaining, physically thrilling. whats wrong w normal people
[account deactivated]
this post is a memorial to experimental recipes that turn out poorly but you have to eat them anyways because the ingredients are relatively expensive

shriekingviolet posted:

upvoting a post only to find that i had already upvoted it 10/10 will vote again

went on two dates today (with people i've met and spent time with before) and realized all the girls i date or sleep with are charming, beautiful, literate, cultured, dazzling, intelligent, but grew up rich and so i can't relate to any of them and actively resent them. so now i'm drunk on wine and thinking, that's a pretty good reason to dytd!
went on two dates today (with people i've met and spent time with before) and realized all the girls i date or sleep with are charming, beautiful, literate, cultured, dazzling, intelligent, but grew up rich and so i can't relate to any of them and actively resent them. so now i'm drunk on wine and thinking, that's a pretty good reason to dytd!
have you maybe considered dating people who arent like that???

Sunday posted:

have you maybe considered dating people who arent like that???

hmm...interesting idea...

[account deactivated]

jansenist_drugstore posted:

Parenti posted:

grew up rich

what the hell happened to the elevator chick! she's obviously not rich because she would have taken a uber up the steps

she liked the musical hamilton

[account deactivated]

Parenti posted:

she liked the musical hamilton

nice epitaph

nicked my junk real bad whilst shaving for valentines,