[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i'm glad you and your boyfriend had a good date.
what part of the dandelion were u eating. i like to fry the flower heads but if i were just grazing id prob stick to the greens

toyotathon posted:

i'm still crackin up about fish heads... maybe prompted by the s/n. we met at bart station and was like, how's the day been, karp said oh good was in sausalito at a bar and i got a bag of fish heads. i was thinking like okay whatever maybe he wanted an ocean treat. then later we were at a park chatting eating dandelions watching whitecaps on bay waves, and iirc i was like oh you're probably not hungry after eating that bag of fish heads earlier. karp was like no i MET a bunch of PHISH HEADS.

you expect me to believe that you met 'karphead' from the internet and he talked about fish heads?

lo posted:

toyotathon posted:

i'm still crackin up about fish heads... maybe prompted by the s/n. we met at bart station and was like, how's the day been, karp said oh good was in sausalito at a bar and i got a bag of fish heads. i was thinking like okay whatever maybe he wanted an ocean treat. then later we were at a park chatting eating dandelions watching whitecaps on bay waves, and iirc i was like oh you're probably not hungry after eating that bag of fish heads earlier. karp was like no i MET a bunch of PHISH HEADS.

you expect me to believe that you met 'karphead' from the internet and he talked about fish heads?

Trust me if I met you irl i would talk about pigs and such

[account deactivated]
Whats an rsf feed

toyotathon posted:

car-FEH-ahd

I saw two old white guys driving a classic car with their top down that had 1488 in the license plates. Sadly (?) it wasn't custom.
reminder,

it was a good vacation from being unemployed

pretty sure we were eating daisies btw, but those are edible too, i just checked haha

cars posted:

reminder,

on the getfiscal/babyfinland podcast, bf read out my post where i criticized "Fat Tom's" nihilism and he had to stop in the middle of reading it to explain the "tom is fat" gag. tpaine...

new id card; found out 2 locals i knew were more 'left' than they let on, had good conversation (one had heard of settlers and sakai but hasn't read it) and perhaps have connections into seemingly boring but apparently pretty contentious and complicated local politics work (other person); probly taking a road trip out to see my moms
things are good rn.
my last analyst, who i posted about here before (who was the ex-wife of rahm emanuel's brother) moved out of state and so i need a new therapist. the new guy i found is a lacanian who specializes in psychosis (i'm schizophrenic) which was enough of a plus but i found his facebook and he's also a fucking tankie. i have a session coming up with him soon super excited
he likes the espresso stalinist and some other cool shit in addition to making Good Posts a lot

ilmdge posted:

on the getfiscal/babyfinland podcast, bf read out my post where i criticized "Fat Tom's" nihilism and he had to stop in the middle of reading it to explain the "tom is fat" gag. tpaine...

conquering the memes

psychicdriver posted:

new id card; found out 2 locals i knew were more 'left' than they let on, had good conversation (one had heard of settlers and sakai but hasn't read it) and perhaps have connections into seemingly boring but apparently pretty contentious and complicated local politics work (other person); probly taking a road trip out to see my moms
things are good rn.

good & i hope they only improve.

jools posted:

i'm a chef now lol

Nice

ilmdge posted:

cars posted:

reminder,

RIP to the big man himself Tpaine

that which is always drinking may never die
this kid just died and it bummed me out, i passed thru the area he was killed a day before. rip. insane skater.

karphead posted:

this kid just died and it bummed me out, i passed thru the area he was killed a day before. rip. insane skater.

[account deactivated]
n/t

Edited by karphead ()

how did i miss this, for so many years?

i'm sorry your sister and you are fighting but i'm glad you're still around your family. like the old saying goes, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you only get one or possibly two families.
thanks, i really want to tell her off (like for good) but i'm not going to
[account deactivated]
build a cone for her in the exact geometrical center of the nearby woods

lenochodek posted:

build a cone for her in the exact geometrical center of the nearby woods

thank you. although, the cone is actually from correction,

There's a member of my family that handles our genealogy as a hobby, which keeps her busy because we're descended from illiterates fleeing London-crafted famine. We'd talked over Easter about it, and yesterday she called me up and said, I know you'll want to hear this, there's a Fine Gael politician with the same last name as us (which is not an incredibly common one in Ireland). And I said, well shit, and she said, good news, I checked and he's not a relative. What a rollercoaster
my mom grew up in dublin and started working as a seamstress when she was 14
i love her very much. hi mom. thanks for paying for my rent.
my sister's first reaction to me getting fired was that I should look into therapy. today, when i told my mom that she burst out laughing and i had to laugh to.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

jansenist_drugstore posted:

recently started hanging out with someone i met here. we got really drunk last night which was cool. toward the end of the night, he suddenly stood up from the table, suspiciously turned around once (we were in my house) and unironically said: i might be wrong, but i think i know you well enough by now to ask this. what do you think about 9/11?

so how has mustang been lately?

went to a thing at the reform synagogue (out here, where im visiting my mom, possible college but have reservations ab moving here at least for too long...) today ab canada turning away jewish refugees in the buildup to/during wwii and even a couple years later.
some good info (i took notes.) but of course it was woefully incomplete, did not spare any opportunity to browbeat the congregation with not only the usual hasbara but anxious liberal nerd legalisms, implicit anticommunism, no one raised their voice in objection (or maybe those questions were just skipped over, the questions were written on cards and passed back to the speakers and the mayor).
spent lots of time feeling pained and conflicted really ab the entire sweep of the Red Century. the example they used of contemporary refugees was not the yemeni, not the rohingya, but the Boat People (i guess that was current at the time of his book's publication?)
after meditating while they got ready on the mosaic magen dovid motif (a transcultural symbol of the unity of opposites, and the way they did it also perhaps of the unfolding of nature, of the likeness of the great imprinting on the small and vice versa?) noticed the american flag was positioned higher than the israeli, the eagle set over the magen dovid. to my mind these (should) represent pretty different things?
feeling very ambivalent right now about religion generally, also. part of me is curious to sit in on In Person torah classes on this visit, maybe at the more reconstruction/renewal congregation that's also here (self-describe as Progressive on their website, no mention of the state of israel unlike this one's website). i know religion is usually harmful bullshit and a waste of time and that communists need to consciously pose an alternative to religion and oppose that alternative to philosophical idealism...
i guess the choices i have rn are between relative isolation (until i'm confident driving) up in the woods somewhere there's not TONS of work, or being supported to Go In On Ideas and Promote My Hack Art but living in what feels like an overwhelmingly Liberal Progressive Arts Colony (and colony is definitely the operative word).
bah