It feels like there's a mood out there that it's "time to get this democracy thing over with (to restore democracy)" like the Mueller thing and that Q conspiracy -- both takes on the same theme which I think appeals to the same types of people in their respective camps. The people who believe the Q thing are not the "fringe," or whatever that means, but the older and loyal soldier types who have been going to Lincoln-Reagan Day Dinners since the 1970s. The basic idea behind it is that there's a special forces group called something like Detachment Alpha Q working behind the scenes to prepare 90,000 indictments to the deep state traitors and their flunkies. I might have some of the details wrong, but this is one reason why I've been interested in these Qiushi Journal articles coming out where the Chinese murmur about "a loss of vitality in Western systems" and "politicians playing to the superficial fears and self-conceit of the public" and "a growing pressure to undertake political reform." At least they're trying to look at the situation with some degree of objectivity.
I don't think Trump has a huge base among the security agencies that have been trying to smear him as a perverted foreign agent since before he took office. Without that or the army, I'm not sure how he would even fight back when they came to move him out, and again, I don't think he's stupid enough to want to try to do that, since it wouldn't really gain him anything.

trakfactri posted:

The people who believe the Q thing are not the "fringe,"

They definitely are, though. They're either oddball-loner kids who don't really buy it but think it's fun to entertain the idea, or they're the 40-year-old vegan, colloidal-silver types who used to be Ron Paul obsessives. Most of Trump's Republican supporters don't bother with some weirdo online conspiracy theory about him seizing power, because they realize he's already taken power and they're pretty happy about it.

I think you're underestimating its reach for the boomer generation whose brains are getting melted by the internet. These things don't go well together. And they're more frustrated that the MAGA hasn't happened fast enough and so the Q theory serves as an explanation for why it's being held back. It's kind of like Nostradamus and there are many different interpretations. Meanwhile the smarter Republicans who don't believe it are growing frustrated because the boomers are spending their free time on five-hour Facebook livestreams about the latest Q messages instead of organizing politically.

Should've listened to Nancy.

cars has a good point about how influence works in the US publicly and privately, but it seems that any “seizure of power” in the future would primarily be due to changing demographics that are offsetting white settler influence. I mean right now they’re politically safe, that’s what the Senate is for, and they still have enough electoral influence elsewhere, but if you talk to them about the future what they fear is losing Texas to Hispanics and that they’ll never seize the executive again. Also, younger democrats are talking about abolishing the electoral system which is hugely threatening to the whole settler system going all the way back to 1786. It all seems to be moving to “something”. critiqueofcrisistheory blog’s series on politics crises this year is on the mark about Trump primarily fighting for a strong executive that can function as a Bonapartist office later on when capitalism hits the fan and white settlers have to retain their political power. I don’t think that’s trump or 2020 though.

trakfactri posted:

I think you're underestimating its reach for the boomer generation

"generations" don't exist in that sense. they're the product of con artistry used to sell books to mid-level managers about how to get ahead in business. class is propagated through continuity between parents and children.

cars posted:

I think probably the biggest mistake people make about Trump, and I've made it myself before, is believing that his administration is all that different from previous ones.

the closer you look into how the actual sausage is made, as in how the government actually conducts itself, the more this seems evident. i ended up doing a huge amount of reading just today about some very inside baseball FDA & legislative stuff and there was no discontinuity in anything important to business afaict between obama and trump

[account deactivated]
The thing about Q is, it isn't like people saying LBJ had Kennedy killed because JFK was about to end the Vietnam War, it's more like, "LBJ is about to have himself killed so his head can be attached to Metal Gear, because I love him." It proposes an unlikely state of affairs where Trump already has the power to instantly elevate himself from president to super-president, that's totally his plan, and that's great news, but he has to wait for the planets to align first, which is destined to happen, like, a year ago, which is when "Q" disappeared after it didn't happen.

That doesn't make Q very appealing to people who want to crow over Trump being president, which is most Republicans, or those who fantasize about an unpatriotic fifth column of Communist Democrat college professors preventing him from fixing everything, which is a good number of Republicans. But it's perfect for the former-Ron-Pauler fringe, far-right conspiracy-theory loons who backed Trump because they thought he was too honest for the powers that be to allow him to win—and then he won, and now they're in the uncomfortable position of mainstream ideology absorbing their supposed advanced rebel wisdom and superseding it in front of their eyes.

I think Q is kind of adorable, though, because it's got certain things in common with the social-liberal UFO religions of the 20th century that said aliens were going to drop in more and more often to help us avoid nuclear war and bring us into the fold of an intergalactic utopia. It's a theory where those who believe in it don't think the conspiracy is out to silence them or kill them or their heroes. Instead it's like, Mom and Dad are hiding our Christmas presents and we can't wait to open them.
If you'll remember, we all had a good laugh on tHE r H i z z o n E during 2016 over a proto-Q on 4chan, a guy who claimed he was FBI or something and said that months before election day, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama were going to be arrested for treason, but he refused to explain how or why or what that meant, though he did let everyone know that people demanding a woman in a lead role for a Marvel superhero movie were part of a psy-op to encourage the mixing of the races. And 4chan were just eating out of his hand, which was a slight surprise even for me, because I thought they'd all be following online kid SOP and trying to out-smart-ass him.

I sometimes wonder if that guy became Q, or if Q was just someone who thought what a few of us probably thought back during that thread, that the guy playing that game of rope-a-dope was pretty bad at pretending to be a federal agent, and it might be funny to head over to Stupidville and see how much better someone else could do, but the guy who became Q actually followed through on it. It was pretty smart of him to do stuff like throw a bunch of code-looking combos of characters around his communiques, even though it took like one nerd a few minutes to figure out they were created by someone trying to press random keys on a keyboard who didn't realize that it's a lot harder to do that than it seems. But still smart, because it had the right look, and of course the people who bought into Q were not going to be concerned over anything that straightforward.
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

and how deep throat was #2 in the FBI, laundering the FBI's political program thru wapo, and then a compliant congress.

wait what happened here exactly

sovnarkoman posted:

toyotathon posted:

and how deep throat was #2 in the FBI, laundering the FBI's political program thru wapo, and then a compliant congress.

It was the fbi informant leaking to the watergate reporters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Felt

dimashq posted:

sovnarkoman posted:

toyotathon posted:

It was the fbi informant leaking to the watergate reporters

nah i got that part, i just dont get the outcome

when you cast a spell to transform into Buzzfeed but get stuck halfway
So, here we are, finally, in a post-Russiagate world.

After two and a half years of the loudest, shrillest bout of insanity since the McCarthy era, the verdict is in: There was no collusion between Donald Trump and the Russian government, according to Russiagate Special Counsel Robert Meuller, a former head of the FBI. One would think that that would be the end of it, since the corporate media and Democrats seem to believe everything the FBI and CIA say.

As executive editor of a website that was slandered as a dupe of the Kremlin on the front page of the Washington Post, I’d like Russiagate to be over. That would mean Google would stop rigging its algorithms to hide Black Agenda Report’s stories from the public. If Russiagate were over, then Mark Zuckerberg would stop collaborating with the Atlantic Council and other Cold Warriors to purge Facebook of all political speech that is uncomfortable to the moneyed classes. If Russiagate were over, then Twitter would restore the 2,000 accounts of people thought to be too friendly to the government in Venezuela – a government whose elections were deemed the fairest in the world by a former U.S. president.

If Russiagate were over, Rachel Maddow would be fired, and the top management at CNN, the New York Times and the Washington Post would be huddled in some leafy retreat pondering where they went wrong.

If Russiagate were over, the Democrats could finally clear their heads to realize that Trump won the Rust Belt the same way Republicans have been winning elections for the whole of the 21stcentury, by suppressing the Black vote, just as Greg Palaste told them.

But the Democrats haven’t learned a thing. Google and Facebook and Twitter won’t call off their algorithmic dogs, Rachel Maddow will refuse to believe that collusion has been disproven until her own lips tell her so, and the top management of corporate media are not about the fire themselves.

The truth is, Russiagate was both a civil war within the ruling class -- oligarch versus oligarch -- and a conspiracy among the corporate media, the national security state and the Democratic Party. The various conspirators had different goals. The national security state was desperate to ensure that there be no interruption to America’s endless wars and the military encirclement of Russia and China. Corporate media used Russiagate to reimpose its control over the political narrative, by impugning all other versions of reality as Russian dupes. And, the Democrats wanted an excuse for losing to the likes of Donald Trump.

The conspirators have won. Donald Trump couldn’t make peace with Russia if he tried, and he probably never intended to. There’s no reason to expect that censorship of the Left media will be lifted, and the Democrats have successfully avoided any soul-searching on why they lost in 2016. Even Donald Trump comes out of this with a campaign issue for 2020 – that he was victimized by an elite.

But Black votes will still be suppressed by the millions in the next election; the world has gotten a lot warmer while the U.S. spent two years paranoid about Russians; and the two nuclear powers that can destroy the earth in an instant, still aren’t talking. Thank you, Russiagate.

I’m Glen Ford of Black Agenda Report.
CORRECTION (4/25/2019): When this post was posted, it said I was Glen Ford of Black Agenda Report. I am actually Flen Flord of Flack Flagenda Fleport. Daddyholes regrets the error.
One of the weirder things to come out of all this Russia thing is, when Trump finally fired the guy working for him who told the FBI he'd wear a wire to help take his boss down, and snitchy went sliding out of the AG's office on his ass at speed like a hockey puck, the last thing he did for his new bosses was... threaten Barack Hussein Obama for failing to use his super-cop powers in 2016 to nullify the results of the presidential election.

I know that's how the federal cop "community" feels, and it's probably even how the guy saying it feels, but the spooks slamming the previous president at a press conference for failing to declare a coup against his successor is something they usually reserve for other countries. They pretty much just told the existing Democrat leadership that the FBI and CIA are confident enough in the durability of their positives/very positives to declare through CNN that they run the Democratic Party now.

The visibility and sheer number of "veterans" of the "community" running as Democrats in the next couple rounds of federal elections just got a lot harder to ignore. Directly capturing an entire political party they can probably control just fine through implied threats, especially now, that seems almost redundant for those clowns. But I'm sure the fringe benefits are stuff I can't even imagine, like, you get to play poker with the Roswell aliens every weekend.

cars posted:

One of the weirder things to come out of all this Russia thing is, when Trump finally fired the guy working for him who told the FBI he'd wear a wire to help take his boss down, and snitchy went sliding out of the AG's office on his ass at speed like a hockey puck, the last thing he did for his new bosses was... threaten Barack Hussein Obama for failing to use his super-cop powers in 2016 to nullify the results of the presidential election.

I know that's how the federal cop "community" feels, and it's probably even how the guy saying it feels, but the spooks slamming the previous president at a press conference for failing to declare a coup against his successor is something they usually reserve for other countries. They pretty much just told the existing Democrat leadership that the FBI and CIA are confident enough in the durability of their positives/very positives to declare through CNN that they run the Democratic Party now.

The visibility and sheer number of "veterans" of the "community" running as Democrats in the next couple rounds of federal elections just got a lot harder to ignore. Directly capturing an entire political party they can probably control just fine through implied threats, especially now, that seems almost redundant for those clowns. But I'm sure the fringe benefits are stuff I can't even imagine, like, you get to play poker with the Roswell aliens every weekend.

When did they say/hint at this? Was it recent?

One thing I'll give this guy, he's got the press completely snowed as to where his loyalties lie, different news stories today have implied he works for any and all of the principles in the case.

Including the guy who just fired him and accused him of treason

Edited by cars ()

"So that happened," I joked.
Why do all these washington ghouls look like rat faced motherfuckers.
bad town
Trump owning congressional dems by literally ignoring their subpoenas..lmao
*thinking hard about how to make a pee pee joke with subpoena as my boss Rachel Maddow counts out her megavitamins*

I think the thing i find most distressing about this is that it literally happened on this week's episode of 'veep' first
What are the odds it was said by a tr00p
[account deactivated]
The US can't invade Iran or win a war there without nukes. Trump is a coward, Bolton is a halfwit, and all those "message to iran" moving billion dollar targets and 70 year old bombers right into range of their enormous missile collection is just demonstrating to the Iranians they have nothing to worry about.
[account deactivated]
I think it's posturing. At risk of turning into tHE r H i z z o n E's version of a Bellingcat map dude, carriers take a long time to get going and their schedules are laid out years in advance.

From what I could tell, the USS Abraham Lincoln went through a regularly scheduled maintenance job and is now switching home ports from the East Coast to the West Coast as part of a reorganization, and instead of going through Panama the fleet opted to send it on a circumnavigating "presence" op where it can show the flag in the usual places. This was decided long before Bolton was even in the White House. But he can declare that the mullahs are on watch as the flattop cruises by. There's also a bit of a backlog in terms of maintenance here and the carrier presence in the Persian Gulf over the last 18 months has been "irregular" as they say in the press, which might be why the fleet is sending the Lincoln to San Diego by way of the scenic route.

cars posted:

The Biden campaign's message so far seems to be to acknowledge the left's existence and the potential of an intensifying class struggle, and then blaming it on an external enemy which must be fought by declaring a truce between classes and then destroying that enemy for the good of the nation. As a result he is leading in the polls in the Democratic Party primaries. The message of the Pete Buttigieg campaign meanwhile can be summed up by the Northrop Grumman-like slogan: "Freedom, security and democracy."

As an aside, in Texas, the Democrats are taking their enthusiasm from only losing the 2018 Senate election by 2.6 points by running an Air Force helicopter pilot for 2020 who served her country by destroying the livelihoods of cannabis farmers before being shot down. She later wrote a memoir of her experiences titled "Shoot Like a Girl." I predict she will lose by more than 2.6 points.

Great now i have to watch legende of galactic heroes again.
I'll watch it again when someone does a fresh HQ rip & upscale of the laserdiscs. I'm guessing that'll happen some time in the next 5 years or so
https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/05/12/595745/UAE-Fujairah-port-explosion-fire

Show me the pics
I doubted that story at first but it's true. "The UAE identified the vessels as very large crude carrier (VLCC) tanker Amjad and crude tanker Al Marzoqah, both owned by Saudi shipping firm Bahri. The other two were UAE-flagged fuel bunker barge A Michel and Norwegian-registered oil products tanker MT Andrew Victory."

The pro-Trump QAnon conspiracy theory has garnered a surprising number of fans over the past two years, considering that it’s based on the idea that Trump is engaged in ceaseless war against powerful cannibal-pedophiles in Hollywood and the Democratic Party.

Now QAnon has a new group of allies: a woman who claims she’s a conduit for a 35,000-year-old warrior god, and her thousands of followers. Since February, at least three top QAnon promoters have made plans to visit a sprawling Washington-state property owned by J.Z. Knight, a New Age guru whose former acolytes have accused her of running a cult.

Knight claims that she can channel the spirit of Ramtha, a 35,000-year-old warrior spirit who supposedly waged war on the mythical city of Atlantis. In practice, though, Knight’s “channeling” of Ramtha is just her speaking in a different voice.