c_man posted:

i was always furious when i read a terrible ingwit post (??) then realized it said agenbite inwit

c_man posted:

what websites this?

The bad one.
theyre all bad
original home of þe olde lf
more notably, the cesspool from which 4chan was initially populated

tears posted:

c_man posted:

what websites this?

the Something Awful forums, which this forum is an "offsite" for. It used to have a loosely-moderated politics subforum where you could be openly communist without being banned (along with basically anything else, which is why there were so many people with bad or totally aestheticized politics when this board started). it was shut down because either, depending on who you believe, a poster made a threat on obama's life and the owner of the site, Richard "LowTax" Kayanka, got a visit from the secret service or because the posters made fun of a Troop moderator too much for having built himself a totally unlivable house and bragging about it. then a bunch of people went of and founded various offsite forums to try and continue where they left off. it probably played a role in the radicalization of many people here, for better or for worse. notable moderators include grover, the troopsucker who built a deathtrap house and bragged about it; sean "vilerat" smith, an EVE Online extraordinaire, tremendous racist, and State Department computer janitor, notable for getting epically owned and a bunch of other terrible human beings

Edited by c_man ()

C-SPAM kinda has a vibe similar to Chapo Trap House which means it's the best thing over there in years, but you need to be careful talking about forums on other forums. Next thing you know you're creating dossiers on random internet mods and believing you're taking part in some crusade to redeem comedy.

its strange to me there are people who join this forum who don't know what something awful is.

This image posted in celebration of the approaching 50th anniversary of the founding of the New P3ople's Army

life come at u fast
im not sure I'm ready
i've been doing some research for a writing project about the bpp and the fbi paperwork docs are gross (buy savings bonds!!)

welcome traveller

c_man posted:

tears posted:

c_man posted:

what websites this?

the Something Awful forums, which this forum is an "offsite" for. It used to have a loosely-moderated politics subforum where you could be openly communist without being banned (along with basically anything else, which is why there were so many people with bad or totally aestheticized politics when this board started). it was shut down because either, depending on who you believe, a poster made a threat on obama's life and the owner of the site, Richard "LowTax" Kayanka, got a visit from the secret service or because the posters made fun of a Troop moderator too much for having built himself a totally unlivable house and bragging about it. then a bunch of people went of and founded various offsite forums to try and continue where they left off. it probably played a role in the radicalization of many people here, for better or for worse. notable moderators include grover, the troopsucker who built a deathtrap house and bragged about it; sean "vilerat" smith, an EVE Online extraordinaire, tremendous racist, and State Department computer janitor, notable for getting epically owned and a bunch of other terrible human beings

sorry, i was pretending not to know

Dobble_Wobble posted:

i've been doing some research for a writing project about the bpp and the fbi paperwork docs are gross (buy savings bonds!!)

lol i remember reading through the BPP docs on MuckRack and i remember seeing these. what are these even for? advertisements for bonds all over the super classified COINTELPRO documents?

E: wrong thread

trakfactri posted:

ANOTHER FREE GOON-MADE ELECTRONICA ALBUM?
Danny Devito to play elon musk in the new movie What's that smell? It's Musk!
jfc
lol
Shit
pusha t voice Yeeuch
I've been working 70 hour weeks recently and this has pushed me to the brink of madness, thank's for that
thank you to bernie sanders for making the word shit acceptable
you'd think given timeline.jpg that someone would correct the spelling on that Lynden Johnson thing. but no, four years of that image on the Internet and it's always the same.
Looking forward to Robert Caro's final volume in his LBJ biographies: "The Years of Lyndon Johnson: Breaker of Nations"
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

jools posted:

haha what the fuck

Dobble_Wobble posted:

jools posted:

haha what the fuck

ive watched it just about every day since i first saw it a couple of weeks ago. its like michael mann adapted a mike davis book or something

toyotathon posted:

filler posted:

I've been working 70 hour weeks recently and this has pushed me to the brink of madness, thank's for that

if you're in a position at all to not do this then DON'T, loyalty or a sense of responsibility are atavisms that workplaces have been finely tuned to exploit. i've pretty much ruined my life because i'm a hardworking idiot. if you're stuck though that sucks, be well

Edited by neckwattle ()