Hug a cop and squeeze them tight until all the hot air is gone.
https://www.azcentral.com/in-depth/news/local/arizona-investigations/2019/03/13/mafia-frank-capri-behind-rascal-flatts-toby-keith-restaurant-failures/2337607002/
[account deactivated]
Non-loony Libertarian
very online journalists are the most incomprehensible and brain damaged people on earth.
that's pretty unfair to people with brain damage
does twitter banning the telesur english acct go here or in the tweet thread
they banned telesur english holy fuck
wow, good job twitter!!!!

my own person dieing inside today was following a link to a washington post article and the little subtitle on my phone saying "democracy dies in darkness", every time i see this my brain explodes again. i got like 1/4 of the way through the article and i just had to stop. it is the stupidest thing. the newspaper has a subtitle. and the subtitle is the stupidest self-own ever. what the fuck
looks fine, @telesurenglish, i can't post the url because the rhizzone is stupid and will fill the screen with the entire account, who runs this dumb site
why does twitter mark all of telesurenglish's videos as including potentially sensitive content
Failling Up, a guide to journalism and failsonism by Ignatius Riley.
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

Good thread:

my favourite part is the sneering about how Chinese loans come with 'less conditions'. how very dare they

U.S. Government: Something happened in the world and it didn't involve us, we are very concerned and you should be too ಠ_ಠ

Petrol posted:

my favourite part is the sneering about how Chinese loans come with 'less conditions'. how very dare they

one of the greatest threats that China, the USSR & Eastern Europe posed to the West in the mid-20th-century was setting rates for their loans at ~2%, while the West's were 5-6%

cars posted:

Petrol posted:

one of the greatest threats that China, the USSR & Eastern Europe posed to the West in the mid-20th-century was setting rates for their loans at ~2%, while the West's were 5-6%

imperialism's greatest weakness is its total reliance on networks of capitalist parasites to execute any project, each busy trying to extract his cut of the action

Petrol posted:

imperialism's greatest weakness is its total reliance on networks of capitalist parasites to execute any project, each busy trying to extract his cut of the action

1 Neo-Colonialism, the Last Stage of Imperialism (Nkrumah, 1965)

[account deactivated]
imagine how much of a psycho prick you'd need to be to suggest calling ice on a guy for not hating china
Training aid workers as special forces - one approach @USAID is considering to counter violent extremism in 'non-permissive environments'.

Training aid workers as special forces - one approach @USAID is considering to counter violent extremism in 'non-permissive environments'.

TRAINING AIDBWORKERS AS SPECIAL FODCES - ONE APPROAXH USAID IS CONSIDERING TO COUNTER VIOLENT EXTREMISK IN 'NON-PERMISSOBE EMVIRONMENTS

Edited by neckwattle ()

[account deactivated]
tbh I have been curious about Carl for a long time. he is an endless posting machine and clearly on china's side of almost everything, in an extremely effusive way at times, and came out of nowhere. rwn guys need money. trust no one. etc. but these idiots and assholes "calling him out" have nothing to say and are just basically making lists of his posts, it's extremely weak
[account deactivated]
That guy isn't any more pro-PRC than Mark Ames is pro-Putin. Mostly he just did one of the Worst Bad Things with the Internet, using an infrastructure built to surveil, libel & attack countries perceived as U.S. rivals, but he used it instead to provide daily critiques of the propaganda deployed against one of those countries, critique that a few people actually began to read. I'm curious how long he'll last before Twitter pulls his posting card.
IMO it's another one of the ripples from the near-global shutdown of the foreign bureaus of most Western news sources a few years ago, how so many people could become such insufferable bullet-head parrots that Ames and Levine, accomplished muckrakers but also grudge-nursing ball-kickers, got fed up enough to start telling people around them to calm the fuck down about Putin, a guy who holds a special, alligator-filled place in their dark ex-expat hearts

This guy seems pretty much the same way, where he'd rather post about industrial accidents and army hijinx, but reading Western news blew so many of his capillaries over time that it was either start responding to it in earnest or have a stroke.
carl zha is the absolute god of posting and i will gladly sacrifice my life in defense of him
[account deactivated]
carl zha is like mark ames but hopefully without the whole "being a rapist" thing (or, perhaps merely, "falsely bragging about being a rapist"), which seems cool. he posts too many viral video memes so i wont actually follow him, but he has my critical support
Heres a fun one from yesteryear https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/06/world/asia/india-narendra-modi-obama.html
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-survive-solitary-confinement
"Yet Perez pauses when he is asked how it felt to be confined for so long. “That’s an interesting question,” he says. “Because in a sense, you are confined, and in other senses, you’re free.” Perez says he left solitary confinement a better man than he entered it. He is now fully rehabilitated, and works for the Urban Justice Center, where he helps recently released inmates adjust to the world outside."
Why would you right an article about solitary without mentioning the fact that it's considered torture by international law, but also refer to the amerikkkan koncentration kamps as rehabilitating someone.
here in the uk a video was uploaded showing paratroopers using a picture of corbyn for target practice. when something unequivocally fucked up like this happens and corbyn is the wronged party, there is an incredible sense of resentment the uk media exhibit at having to cover the story. they end up downplaying it, burying the lead, obfuscating, trying to pivot to something else, and basically doing anything they can to avoid humanizing a man they have been trying to turn into a slathering stalinist kgb psyop hellbeast from dimenson X for the last four years. they dealt with this latest - easily the worst and most sinister - incident in several interesting ways. the first was the bbc spamming its own twitter feed and its "live updates" section with numerous quotes from tory fascists loudly announcing their anger at may turning to corbyn for help reaching an agreement on this brexit deal, uncritically repeating quotes describing corbyn as a deranged marxist, etc etc. a sky news presenter said that the army had "well founded security concerns" about corbyn, despite him being a thoroughly vetted member of the privy chamber. the same military officer who casually floated the idea of doing a coup if corbyn was ever elected was given prominent interview slots in various news outlets to defend the british army and promise a swift investigation, and his past statements were never brought up. and the melt slugs like james ball, dan hodges, etc, simply didn't cover it at all. normal healthy society. a few perfunctory articles are the most i've seen so far from the big outlets, and none of them make much of an effort to emphasise that four right-wing military scumbags are performing a mock assassination on the democratically elected leader of the official opposition.

Edited by ghostpinballer ()

What a disgusting island.

Populares posted:

What a disgusting island.

yep. just found out the bbc's defense correspondent was also having a laugh about it live on air last night. can you imagine the level of pants shitting rage they'd work themselves into if it had been a picture of a tory or a member of the royal family these chuds were shooting at.

sounds like a good black mirror episode.
My favorite swing at Corbyn is still when they tried to prove he was a foreign agent because in 1986 he accidentally chatted with a Czechoslovak agent who Corbyn and everyone else thought was a low-level embassy peon. I mean, if Corbyn was working for the government of Czechoslovakia in 2015, I admire their long game.

cars posted:

ČSSR SHATTERED BY REACTIONARIES

AND STILL NO ARRESTS?

HOW COME, MISTER CORBYN?

imagine i just posted every new york times article about venezuela, russia, and china
i love looking at the twitters for NYT reporters covering venezuela because their pro-opposition bias is so blatantly obvious & they spend their time RT'ing the orbiters of that world. their bureau chief nicholas casey has now decided to develop a conspiracy theory about cuban doctors withholding care if people don't vote for maduro, based entirely on defector testimony, and it makes me wonder which american think tank thought that one up to feed to the western media to perfectly poison the otherwise utterly positive, humanist, and lifesaving work the cuban doctor program does.

and, speaking of delving into absurd north korean-type propaganda efforts, the reporters covering china have decided to just go full blown "everything is fake propaganda for tourists and reporters" with their western china coverage:

lol oh mehdi