seems like the stereotypical thing to do on acid is to look at cool/crazy/psychedelic blacklight posters or something but every time i do that i just get exhausted and i want to listen to an album i forgot i enjoyed in my teens
what i think about acid, is that I wouldn't mind having some. and that if you want to listen to music you enjoyed in your teens, instead of acting like a teen on they first trip, that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do
i'm curious about it but My Brain's Not So Good
i could be absolutely terrified by it and come out very shaken up for years
or
i could get really into post-punk/neo-psychedelia/indie fop-ism again
i enjoy acid
acid was empirically demonstrated to be a cia psyop by forums poster tears last year, iirc

psychicdriver posted:

i'm curious about it but My Brain's Not So Good
i could be absolutely terrified by it and come out very shaken up for years
or
i could get really into post-punk/neo-psychedelia/indie fop-ism again

Don't take any chances. I won't do psychedelics again because I know there is a distinct possibly I will put my mind somewhere and forget where I left it.

yeah if you suspect you are vulnerable to mental whoopsies I would strongly recommend you play it safe and not gamble with yourself.
i did really old/weak mushrooms once when i was like 22 and felt like "skin filled with helium" for a night. i can't say if i liked it?

i did have the following misunderstood convo on St Marks Pl with a friend who was also on the mushrooms:

{what she says / what i hear}
(welling up) "and of course i start crying" / "it's like i'm dying"
"it's like the body goes into shock" / "the bodies are lined in chalk..."

and just both nod a lot like, yeah man. whoa
this shit is real good, pals. thumbs up.
do acid.
it made the idea of lying down and rotting very attractive

i imagined flowers blooming out of my corpse then making way for more new life

its good i want to do it again soon
he's the president of Syria
[account deactivated]
how can u put on a blindfold when ur a glass of orange juice

ialdabaoth posted:

how can u put on a blindfold when ur a glass of orange juice

Very carefully

what i think about acid? i think that acid is only a pseudo-hallucinogen since users typically know that the visual disturbances etc are not real; and that it has been mis-catagorised as "the strongest hallucinogen" because the dose is so small, rather than by the genuineness of hallucinations. As a result, scientific investigation into hallucinogens has concentrated overly much on LSD and not enough on DMT and other "true hallucinogens". Real hallucinations are very difficult if not impossible to separate from reality.
admittedly i dont know how it compares to DMT but i think acid is a "true hallucinogen" in the sense you describe at high enough dosages.
maybe, i'll leave taking acid to the experts... its just whenever anyone describes an acid trip to me its some super lame stuff. its like thats your idea of hallucinations, you are a little babby come inside my head
once again i cant compare to DMT but nobody ever described a acid trip worth a shit. me included. so i wont bore anyone with details but i will say if you get decent acid and take a bunch of it at once you dont just see patterns and stuff.

incidentally this is not an endorsement of taking lots of acid, i regret nothing but its not smart if your mental health is at all precarious which includes pretty much anyone who would post OTF (On These Forums)
i did 170μg the first (and only) time ive done it and it was good as described above. i have a strong desire to do it again within the next like 3 weeks but i'm not so sure about how it would affect my mental health. im kind of hoping it'll at least illuminate some of the roots of my issues.

would taking 200μg and getting a good friend to tripsit be a good idea.
when i used to trip regularly we always made sure noobs were babysat, still seems like a good policy to me. can't speak on precise dosages sorry.

golden rule as far as i'm concerned is make sure you're in a situation/environment you feel comfortable in and that includes your company
iv never seen a description worth a shit about an acid trip including those ive made. but i have had ineffable experiences. the intensity or relative quality of the hallucinations were never a concern of mine at the time
what im getting at and again someone can correct me it they think otherwise but as far as i can tell the hallucinations from acid appear to be qualitativly different from those i experience due to mania
for me, acid is cool in the way it estranges the familiar such that you get to look at things in a way that usually takes years of artistic training and practice. i've only ever had very strong visual hallucinations (ie, strong enough for me to have little or no sense of whatever original object my brain is elaborating on) when i've smoked weed with it, and i didn't particularly enjoy that because stoned thought patterns plus acid seems an excellent way to maximise your chances of negative mental health consequences.

tears posted:

what im getting at and again someone can correct me it they think otherwise but as far as i can tell the hallucinations from acid appear to be qualitativly different from those i experience due to mania

having experienced both i don't think you have the wrong impression as such, the average acid experience is relatively superficial for want of a better word, but larger doses can easily induce delusional states akin to mania

tanks4sharing
i was feeling very motivated and decided to take small bit of acid while spring cleaning but soon realized i had food poisoning from frugal eating and also miscalculated the dose. was not productive.
RIP
One time it made me think the police were doing a sting operation to catch me simply because a guy who was pushing a cart accidentally bumped into my friend in a food court.
lol
I'm extremely here for paranoia-heads chat

The only thing worse than paranoia is anti-paranoia, the idea that nothing is connected to anything...
a paranoid man is a man who knows a little about what's going on -kurt cobain

i met some phish-heads in a bar in sausalito and gave them a ride to some show in berkeley and they gave me a tab of acid in return. only in SF folks. i've mentioned this to belphy before but some bad acid trips definitely helped me on my way to a nervous breakdown (this was like twenty years ago) and i don't place the blame on the acid that much really (I also had some very good trips). i've been well since then but have definitely steered away from the hallucinogens. so, i'm like 50/50 on whether i want to hike into the mountains and take this tab or just give it to my dealer as a present ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"you ate some fish heads?" "NO i *met* some *phish* heads"
fish head stew done right sounds pretty savory. i would go hike up into the mountains and eat it.
[account deactivated]
someone handing me a firecracker once while I was tripping and I ate it thinking it was a chocolate
hahaha
i tried some dmt vape a friend procured and it didnt really work but i did get some brief closed eye visuals and felt weird the next day. im trying to find dmt that'll actually work because 12 hours with acid/shrooms is a lot of time to commit when i really just wanna see some cool patterns and talk to god.
What do you acid about think?
i dont know why people are talking about hallucinations on acid. if you do a tab or two, it's pretty much indistinguishable from smoking a ton of weed except things are swirling back and forth. do more and use the opportunity to read theory
do acid and teh roflcopter