Caesura109 posted:

basically men believe they have the role of a xenomorph

yeah, that's true from me. i'm gestating within the womb of capital, taking sustenance from it until the day i grow strong enough to burst from its underbelly, in an orgy of violence that sees the death of the host and the birth of a new, more evolved lifeform that will spread until all have been freed from the weaknesses of their flesh.

umm
This is a unfair comparison to xenomorphs.
i too wish to learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone

Red_Canadian posted:

yeah, that's true from me. i'm gestating within the womb of capital, taking sustenance from it until the day i grow strong enough to burst from its underbelly, in an orgy of violence that sees the death of the host and the birth of a new, more evolved lifeform that will spread until all have been freed from the weaknesses of their flesh.

hell yeah dude. same.

there were marxists on here eight years ago and a lot of the ironic fascism i remember was people being interested in celine or whatever. i dont remember coming on here and thinking 'wow all this open praise of hitler is weird'
all of the big celine crypto-fash were people like iwc, dead ken and impper who all left anyway
yeah iwc said he was a fascist on facebook like several yearsa go. i dont know if he was joking and i dont really care.
maybe it's some form of mild mental illness but i dont even remember whatever ideological struggle occurred on here over the course of the last almost-decade.
Yeah not devoting a significant portion of brain cells to the ideological struggles of the offsites is the thing indicative of mental illness lol.
there was that one guy with the yockey avatar and like a nazbol or two at one point.

i think the only thing that's really changed is that all the jokeposters (rip clarence) got mad at the carelords and left. but maybe they were the real carelords all along.
well all i meant was that i've been on here as much as anyone else and can't recall what happened, what the Trends were so to speak
was bizarre to look at the oldest threads and see Islamposting, ie "revolution=jihad, communist revolutionaries are jihadis", and also somehow linking this to deleuzian/ccru/urbanomic shit as well? is that crypto-fascist? felt like whiplash from serious marxist-leninist discussion w occasional good natured Jokes
i remember an image from lf that had a hundred posters avatars and the text 'waging workers jihad for the communist caliphate'
i joined the mike gravel campaign. it's literally ran by a bunch of teenagers so ill most likely fit in. going to bully the nerds in the campaign for not reading Parenti.
My boss is annoying me and I really need to get a different job.

Edited by Chthonic_Goat_666 ()

stegosaurus posted:

there were marxists on here eight years ago and a lot of the ironic fascism i remember was people being interested in celine or whatever. i dont remember coming on here and thinking 'wow all this open praise of hitler is weird'

reading celine is fine i think as long as you keep his limitations in mind, like with most artists. like theres no need to get obsessed with the guy or model yourself on him like a weirdo but he wrote some good books and was a talented stylist.

lo posted:

reading celine is fine i think as long as you keep his limitations in mind, like with most artists. like theres no need to get obsessed with the guy or model yourself on him like a weirdo but he wrote some good books and was a talented stylist.

you mean i shouldn't make my main posting gimmick "aesthetics" and then sexually harass women to torpedo my tiny mainstream blogging career? hmm

this dude is just ezra pound ts eliot julius evola emil cioran you name it
what's with all these fucking angry fascist modernists

lo posted:

stegosaurus posted:

Damn you’ve read a lot

I’m reading the Betrothed by Manzoni

Edit wrong thread

Edited by dimashq ()

Red_Canadian posted:

*taking off glasses, rubbing them, then putting back on*

c_man posted:

all of the big celine crypto-fash were people like iwc, dead ken and impper who all left anyway

don't thow in impper with IWC and Dead Ken dude. i haven't talked to him in a bit, but he has always a been committed communist, who despite his online persona was just a super nice and laid back guy irl.

psychicdriver posted:

this dude is just ezra pound ts eliot julius evola emil cioran you name it
what's with all these fucking angry fascist modernists

a lot of modernism was about trying to find a response to the new and uniquely terrifying conditions of 20th century capitalist civilisation, and since you're talking about artists it's probably not too surprising that many of them found a political movement based on aestheticising everything appealing(although how sympathetic they were varies, open support like ezra pound was relatively rare even if many liked aspects of fascism). but on the other hand plenty of other modernists became communists as well.

I've said this before, but I have to read Thug Lessons's Twitter like it's been beamed through a portal from some alternate dimension or a dystopian possible future, because I'm not equipped for anything else. I don't think I can say I was ever "like" Thug Lessons because I can't even pretend I understand who or what his Twitter account is arguing with even half the time. I don't think I have ever known that many people's posting handles off the top of my head, let alone been able to headshot the Matrix selves of superstar Internet post-acclerationists from 2 miles away. Reading his account makes being online seem pretty exciting though.
[account deactivated]
tug lesions

Caesura109 posted:

I was thinking more like both traditionalist and modern male culture perpetuates ideas about sex that include xenomorph-like "assertiveness" and the relegation of women's bodies to hosts meant to carry your offspring, which is what the whole PUA movement is about

yeah, i figured that, and it definitely should be combated. just figured i'd try putting a positive spin on the constant xenomorph bashing that goes on here.

EDIT: remember the xenomorphs were constantly thought of as a perfect weapon by capital, and continuously spit in their face and threw their plans astray. also singularly failed at killing women characters (can't really remember the later movies) minus the shuttle pilot, who was probably hard to see as a woman because of her helmet...and vasquez (potentially for the first time confused for a man by an alien species).

should finalise this post by stating clearly and for the record that this is mostly jokes.

Edited by Red_Canadian ()

I mean ken and especially impper did some winks at fascism but i don’t think either took the next step you might expect from there. Not cool though. Iwc I used to think was a clever troll/contrarian but he actually did end up being full fascist

ilmdge posted:

Iwc I used to think was a clever troll/contrarian but he actually did end up being full fascist

when you commit to the bit, the bit commits to you

the tapwater smells and tastes like a goddamn swimming pool. spring is the worst.

littlegreenpills posted:

ilmdge posted:

Iwc I used to think was a clever troll/contrarian but he actually did end up being full fascist

when you commit to the bit, the bit commits to you

perennial wisdom.

shriekingviolet posted:

the tapwater smells and tastes like a goddamn swimming pool. spring is the worst.

contact yr local water provider and let them know. they may want to send someone by to take a sample (where i am we'd be required to do so in response to a complaint). this might not change anything for you but it might help them ferret out a potential problem they might not be aware of. or maybe they are aware but have to run Cl high due to raw water conditions. or they might just not care, idk

i'd care tho, i'd try to make sure you get the safest and tastiest water i possibly could

they just have to go ham on the chlorine to deal with the meltwater runoff, plus all the other junk that winds up in the water from that. happens every year because of the long winter but fast spring thaw, totally normal and really unpleasant. also fucks with kitchen chemistry, the water's too hard to cook beans and lentils right now
atch lo siento

beg pardon if this is unwarranted: a little baking powder will help soften beans/lentils though too much will make them disintegrate. a carbon filter could remove some of the Cl odor but you d like. have to buy one

shriekingviolet posted:

also fucks with kitchen chemistry, the water's too hard to cook beans and lentils right now

heres a tip: place the beans and lentils in a bowl then put them to one side, then set up a hofman voltameter to electrolysis the water into hydrogen and oxygen

chloramines (i. e. the substances that give chlorine smell) can be removed from water by boiling for ~30 min. for hard water i would follow the recommendation above and make pH slightly acidic (with lemon juice or vinegar) or slightly basic (with bicarbonate).
i've tried the baking powder trick before but imho it fucks with the taste too much and i'd rather just choose other ingredients. there was a sale on couscous. i love couscous.

you can just let the chlorine evaporate out by keepin your drinking water in a jug in the fridge and topping it up before bed but that won't fix the other funky fresh runoff flavours

tears posted:

heres a tip: place the beans and lentils in a bowl then put them to one side, then set up a hofman voltameter to electrolysis the water into hydrogen and oxygen

problem here, is that the hardness of the water would cause calcification on the electrodes, which would greatly increase power demand. first run the water through a softening system

why don't you just ignore it or take up a habit that kills your taste buds like smoking or eating British food