nothing fake about this

Edited by swampman ()

ghostpinballer posted:

i find my enjoyment of films and television is limited by the fact that i am watching grown ups play let's pretend. it is very hard to take any filmed work serious.

This is a charmingly old school GBS style take and i love it

tears posted:

ghostpinballer posted:

i find my enjoyment of films and television is limited by the fact that i am watching grown ups play let's pretend. it is very hard to take any filmed work serious.

have you tried video games?

swampman posted:

nothing fake about this

man, she was some kind of woman.

i enjoyed mad men and the sopranos, breaking bad i thought was overegged crypto nonsense for boomers
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

jansenist_drugstore posted:

ghostpinballer posted:

i enjoyed mad men and the sopranos, breaking bad i thought was overegged crypto nonsense for boomers

what's your issue with the work of david cronenberg

jersey shore is real as hell, friend. check it out. no boomer nonsense there. pure gen x reality

yes i will, i enjoy atlanta houseswives

[account deactivated]
sporanos is shit

ghostpinballer posted:

what's your issue with the work of david cronenberg

is that some wax artist or something

he c4reated twin peaks and moon

[account deactivated]

Red_Canadian posted:

I was referring to Fred Astaire's embarrassment. I mean, Hepburn stands on surfaces that are used to serve food. That's disgusting.

Red_Canadian posted:

swampman posted:

nothing fake about this

something about anal play safety protocols where the bottom has to make animal noises if it hurts and has to sing a song if it feels good and he's like "Moo! Moo! Moo moo moo moo moo..moo...mooooooon riveeer"

littlegreenpills posted:

something about anal play safety protocols where the bottom has to make animal noises if it hurts and has to sing a song if it feels good and he's like "Moo! Moo! Moo moo moo moo moo..moo...mooooooon riveeer"

lol i was thinking the same thing...

whenever im watching a movie or listening to music or whatever im usually thinking of how its like an advanced form of sex, kind of like how yospos guys are always doing matrix multiplication in their head
rewatching an oldie

Edited by Constantignoble ()

how do people here feel ab fernando arrabal?
for anyone unfamiliar
it gets graphic folks

there's a really beautiful rewrite/alt version of 'si me quieres escribir' in here that actually makes me cry but it gets cut short and i can't find it anywhere else. if anyone knows more ab it let me know. it's very possible that arrabal wrote these words himself but it's also just as possible that it's a lesser known variant on the tune from its time
seems irresponsible of him to have signed this though.
https://www.nybooks.com/articles/1989/02/02/an-open-letter-to-fidel-castro/
we also see castaneda, fellini, ionesco, david lynch (!), octavio paz, isabella rossellini (!!) and elie wiesel (!!!)
guy wrote a letter to stalin years after guy was dead. this is basically just accusing stalin of being a crypto-christian (edit: and an okhrana agent. how the hell, based on what, 1956 LIFE magazine?) and a pedophile.
ambivalent about him to say the least.

Edited by psychicdriver ()

i watched bastards of the party

good history of gangs in LA with plenty of interviews of former and current members. covers the whole evolution of small self-defense groups in hostile desegregated neighborhoods -> bpp and us organization -> cointelpro + deindustrialization + 70s pop-culture individualism -> crips -> contra crack explosion etc. one thing that was new to me was that even in the 40s and 50s the LAPD was making most of its money shaking down r&b clubs on central ave. the title is from a book that referred to street gangs as the bastard offspring of the bpp.
i watched le jeune karl marx last night. i really liked it but was confused by the choice of 'like a rolling stone' for the world history montage of the end credits. i should look up who specifically opposed the renaming of the league of the just into the communist league and left it. it's weird how little has fundamentally changed in our arguments with ostensible radicals who are of course really liberals. should i watch lumumba and i am not your negro (also raoul peck), has anyone here seen those?

psychicdriver posted:

i watched le jeune karl marx last night. i really liked it but was confused by the choice of 'like a rolling stone' for the world history montage of the end credits. i should look up who specifically opposed the renaming of the league of the just into the communist league and left it. it's weird how little has fundamentally changed in our arguments with ostensible radicals who are of course really liberals. should i watch lumumba and i am not your negro (also raoul peck), has anyone here seen those?

yeah,

i watched i am not your negro and it was good.
The ending to sopranos is different then i remember.
la chinoise
ugh
Godards bit in that last agnes varda movie was good even though the rest of it was a bit shit
it was okay but always open to people tearing down art i enjoy, no such thing as apolitical art
this was my first ever time watching it and i'm not sure entirely how i feel/what i think ab it but what does it say that on this viewing i found myself sympathising w henri and the professor in the train ride
def see the criticisms of it as misogynist or attacking a caricature/strawman of 'maoism'
Just search for the keywords “la chinoise” , probably in this thread. i’m sure the last time it was brought up was less than 6 months ago. i think i may have chimed in in that discussion. i think i said the movie is “Good”. anyway, on the recommendation of blinkandwheeze i’ve been watching Patriot, a tv show on Amazon Prime Instant Video. it’s very funny, thanks to blinkandwheeze for the recommendation.
'Tis.

how yukong moved the mountains is great. this part on teaching how to resolve conflict is soothing
watched la hora de los hornos
it was good
the hour of the hornies
Thanks