nt
still on my quit. i did some coke on new years and was offered a cigarette and i didnt take it. that might be one of the proudest moments of my life
fuck yeah TG
i gave in to social smoking at new years because i was kind of bored of the warehouse party and they ran out of alcohol
[account deactivated]
reallly been trying to look out for my health lately so ive moved from smoking marlboro reds to lights, and, unrelatedly, have started smoking 1.5x as many cigarettes
[account deactivated]
for the longest time I thought nt in the OP was "nice try", and the title was actually meant to be sarcastic. It's been a while since i realized it actually means no text. but old habits die hard you know. speaking of which. I haven't had a drink in a month so that's pretty nice.
gj hey. I will always upvote discipline! If anyone wants to post their NoFap streak, welp, bud I'll upvote ya' twice!

Belphegor posted:

I will always upvote discipline!

rip to those who died

fell off the wagon cause i started seeing a girl who smokes cigs. the worst part is she stopped smoking weed shortly into the relationship, so shes a doubly bad influence on me
ive been smoking a lot of cigarettes when i am stressed, which is all the time
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
my grandfather had throat cancer and it gave him a goofy rasping voice like super dave osbourne. this was a clever move on his part because now we can replace our memories of him as a horrible monster with warm thoughts about super dave. cancer is great!
again and again i promise not to smoke inside my apartment just to be seduced by that sweet hazed lazed lull aroma of tobacco and fuck ever moving out and dealing with the costs of having that stank removed
This is now a thread about quitting cigarettes. It seems harder now than the last time I quit, but maybe thats cuz I'm not still smoking weed. Regardless: it stinks
vape your way free
i got a juul six months ago. i haven't smoked cigarettes in six months
quitting was so effective that im considering taking up smoking again
i remember it being fun. maybe when the weather gets better
im going to quit smoking so many times. just to show these whiners
Is it really quitting if you're still taking nicotine? Separate question, are you spending less on pods than you were with cigs? My partner transitioned to a juul to get off smokes but hasn't gotten off the juul sooo

JohnBeige posted:

Is it really quitting if you're still taking nicotine? Separate question, are you spending less on pods than you were with cigs? My partner transitioned to a juul to get off smokes but hasn't gotten off the juul sooo

are you proselytizing against the dangers of substance consumption

i smoked constantly in PRC & DPRK because cheap af. ran out of smokes at beijing airport before flying home. picked up a small pack of nicotine gum once i got back. once they ran out i was done. disclaimer: i have returned to a hermit stay at home dad lifestyle where i am not around smokers or smoking-conducive situations 99% of the time

dimashq posted:

JohnBeige posted:

are you proselytizing against the dangers of substance consumption

Not intentionally. I'd just like to cut out as many addictive substances as possible. Soda is next on my list. I'm just trying to not spend as much money so I can go into the local electrician program as fast as possible while on a southern server wage.

is it really quitting? yes. i don't smoke anymore. my goal was not to stop using nicotine, which i use just as much of as when i smoked. i find it is modestly cheaper to vaporize that amount of nicotine than it is to smoke it

Edited by zhaoyao ()

i found it really easy to switch from vaping with nicotine to just vaping with no nicotine, that way you can blow dragon clouds at a rate of ten a minutes for hours without making yourself nicotine sick; also i think 90% of smoking was because i was around other people who were smoking & also stress; now i am calm and east sweets for breakfast
i vape w 12 mg/ml which is like almost the highest they sell in ontario (i had 18 mg but i ran out in California last month and i could only get 12 and i still haven't run out.) anyway this this means is i have only spent $70 on my habit in two months where this would have normally cost me $600. juuls and all pod based systems are an obvious scam tho like why would anyone
the part about them not blowing up is attractive, plus all the kids are doing it so i figured they knew what was up
i also have been juul-only for something like 16 months. my roughly half-pod a day habit is about the same as my half-pack a day habit was, but pods are a couple bucks cheaper so there are measurable savings. plus i vape on the sly which you cant do with cigarettes - for example, any public bathroom, on airplanes, in a movie theater once or twice (although you have to ghost it which ends up giving me a headache). its still obviously not great because it makes me feel vaguely ill sometimes, but overall would highly recommend over actual smoking. i miss the mango flavor though which has disappeared from the shelves in my town
Mango disappeared here too. Dunno if its hella popular or what
They stopped shipping the fruity and creamy flavors to retail outlets because of the frankly justified concern that those flavors only serve to attract children.
yeah you can't get clove cigarettes etc in canada anymore for similar reasons.
but is it legal to grow cloves
those flavors don't "only serve to attract children". adults are also attracted to them

fda has been talking about banning menthol cigarettes too, for those same reasons

ialdabaoth posted:

those flavors don't "only serve to attract children". adults are also attracted to them

was going to say something snarky about this but it's really bad form to cyberbully children so i'll hold my tongue

o u

the fruity flsvors are okay and it's nice to break up monotony from time to time but as w cigarettes i go for menthols
creme brulee flavor seems like it would be awful. can't figure it's appeal. apparently camel used to make creamy flavored cigarettes though, the thought of which makes me gag

ialdabaoth posted:

see, other posters itt were talking about how they liked those flavor, so what i was getting at was.... nevermind