https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/24/venezuela-standoff-juan-guaido-nicolas-maduro

US secretary of state Mike Pompeo was more circumspect, saying “further action will be contemplated” at Monday’s meeting of the regional Lima Group, in the Colombian capital Bogota, but focusing on sanctions, humanitarian aid and actions by Venezuelans themselves.

some of these venezuelans may even be colombians, or brazilians, or american special forces. there are many kinds of venezuelans.

jfc
[account deactivated]

ghostpinballer posted:

jfc

That’s just horrifying.

why hasn't someone put a bullet through that guy's brain. just asking for a front page rhizzone article. so you're all guilty by association.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/24/venezuela-standoff-juan-guaido-nicolas-maduro

he knows he's fucked it. pretty sure the plan was for a telegenic massacre and all they got were some upended barricades and an idiot with bad aim torching their own aid trucks. time to go full blooded invasion.
▼ ▼ ▼
 marco rubio

▲ ▲ ▲

crunch ^_^
i hope someone posts before and after images of marco rubio.

ultramega posted:

i hope someone posts before and after images of marco rubio.

attn newposters this is how u make a good post

ghostpinballer posted:

reading a bbc article today about the maduro government blocking routes into the country for humanitarian aid requested by guaido. guaido offered a few soundbites, and there wasn't much effort to explain how, even if this food and medicine makes it through the blockades, he intends to distribute it, given that the only entity with the infrastructure to facilitate such a large operation is presumably the venezuelan government.

it wasn't until the final few paragraphs they mentioned that, actually, guaido has established these vaguely described "aid groups" in neighbouring countries. they intend to collect - not intercept - USAID's delivery and stash all the food and medicine in countries that are conspicuously not venezuela.

the people most at risk from food and medicine shortages also happen to largely, stubbornly, support the maduro government.

i ranted enough about this coup and the aid ploy that my wife got 3 peolpe to come over for me to do a powerpoint for. lol

ghostpinballer posted:

jfc

this reaches a new height of despicable. wishing all the worst upon little marco

ilmdge posted:

i ranted enough about this coup and the aid ploy that my wife got 3 peolpe to come over for me to do a powerpoint for.

please post this in the secret ppt forum

https://prezi.com/view/QOqQ9SNAiKloRjdtjFiB/

Neurophage posted:

The Economist Intelligence Unit openly planning out regime change ops is vry normal and good

https://twitter.com/fionamackie14/status/1088426795660181504

cars posted:

The Economist Intelligence Unit has predicted something like this every year for the past three years in their Brazil section of their death watch rag, which means it's not meant to be a prediction but a suggestion, and the U.S. media turned on a dime from helping Bolsonaro out through Red-baiting propaganda campaigns against Brazil and other governments to screeching that the Russians made this happen. Maybe he'll get shot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cars posted:

The Economist Intelligence Unit predicts the current Venezuelan, Brazilian and Ecuadoran presidents will be gone by EOY

cars posted:

Bablu posted:

the economist intelligence unit (EIU) is real and it,s contents prove this forum right

Crow posted:

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

Crow posted:

The Ew Ingrate Ugly's Global Liveability Report

Yeah I imagine the ranking is for the sort of people who read magazines with that Gorbachev advertisement in it.

To be clear, folks, This is The Economist Intelligence Unit, With george bush on an airplane reading the economist advertised in it

hi cars
hi

lol
juan wanted to believe, and american vultures wanted to believe juan, the bullshit trickled all the way up and now we're sitting here with a completely stalled out joke of a coup and the venezuelan people seeing a concrete example of how the US really does want to destroy the bolivarian revolution

ilmdge posted:

juan wanted to believe, and american vultures wanted to believe juan, the bullshit trickled all the way up and now we're sitting here with a completely stalled out joke of a coup and the venezuelan people seeing a concrete example of how the US really does want to destroy the bolivarian revolution

did you hear guaido initially wanted to return from his trip with 200 "exiled troops" and shoot his way across the border from colombia? 200 troops. that was his brilliant idea. that was the tactical nous he picked up from 10 years of CIA prep work. and it turns out all those exiled booj venezuelans didn't want to kick in so much as bus fare towards this "revolution".

these pigs are learning for the second time inside a decade that the american imperial machine cannot get the job done like it used to. jesus, i'd love to be a fly on the wall when these crackers gather around their conference tables and stare and dribble at each other with bewilderment in the coming weeks. they have nothing except empty threats and fucking twitter posts, they are fucking pathetic.

one of my partners is in the (oh shit oh fuck it's tHE rHizzonE). they've been doing a lot of (tiny) street demonstrations against the coup. they get lots of solidarity most of the time, people telling them "you're fighting the good fight" but every once in a while they'll still get venezuelan expats screaming at them, saying they have no idea what's really going on, "i hope you feel ashamed of yourself" etc. etc.
feels really good to see the u.s. fuck up this badly.

Edited by psychicdriver ()

ghostpinballer posted:

these pigs are learning for the second time inside a decade that the american imperial machine cannot get the job done like it used to. jesus, i'd love to be a fly on the wall when these crackers gather around their conference tables and stare and dribble at each other with bewilderment in the coming weeks. they have nothing except empty threats and fucking twitter posts, they are fucking pathetic.

Nyt regrets to inform you the aid convoy didn't actually contain food or medicine and was set on fire by the opposition

www.nytimes.com/2019/03/10/world/americas/venezuela-aid-fire-video.amp.html
generous of them to actually publish the article but im finding their narrative that a protestor accidentally torched the truck due to a molotov cocktail malfunction unconvincing, in light of the later paragraph about how the same protestor was recorded throwing another firebomb at a different truck
also nyt: what's stuxnet lol
If an Amerikan leftist threw a molotov, the NYT would offer a bounty for black people's thumbs

ghostpinballer posted:

did you hear guaido initially wanted to return from his trip with 200 "exiled troops" and shoot his way across the border from colombia? 200 troops. that was his brilliant idea. that was the tactical nous he picked up from 10 years of CIA prep work. and it turns out all those exiled booj venezuelans didn't want to kick in so much as bus fare towards this "revolution".

that's what the basement boys get for adopting the shared services model. I told them at the picnic and I know they're reading this too, and I've got a second floor special for you assholes: the "President of Venezuela" left his Vita in the toner cubby and Gina says it's hers now.

pretty cool how the power grid has been sabotaged and guaido blamed it on the government that he is also interim president of

swampman posted:

If an Amerikan leftist threw a molotov, the NYT would offer a bounty for black people's thumbs

lets not forget that despite this new evidence uncovered by the nyt, the true criminals remain the government for gunning down innocent molotov cocktail throwers

now let's turn to recent middle east news, where valiant israeli ammunition had no choice but to end the lives of 12-year old palestinian men with connections to the terrorist group hamas, caught on camera throwing murderous stones at a defenseless israeli bulldozer clearing away illegally declared wood and brick being used to hide a terrorist grouping of two 72-year old combatants, three mid-thirties militants, and four pre-teenaged human shields

Edited by aerdil ()

aerdil posted:

lets not forget that despite this new evidence uncovered by the nyt, the true criminals remain the government for gunning down innocent molotov cocktail throwers

now let's turn to recent middle east news, where valiant israeli ammunition had no choice but to end the lives of 12-year old palestinian men with connections to the terrorist group hamas, caught on camera throwing murderous stones at a defenseless israeli bulldozer clearing away illegally declared wood and brick being used to hide a terrorist grouping of two 72-year old combatants, three mid-thirties militants, and four pre-teenaged human shields

another electrical substation has spontaneously combusted
did this latest one also coincide with the spontaneous combustion of a bomb
Just found out about this absolutely insane conspiracy theory that Marco Rubio got detailed reports about the plant shutdown before Venezuelan authorities? Is anyone going to believe this crap?

At noon on March 7, during a hearing on Venezuela at the Senate Foreign Relations Subcommittee, Sen. Marco Rubio explicitly called for the US to stir “widespread unrest,” declaring that it “needs to happen” in order to achieve regime change.“Venezuela is going to enter a period of suffering no nation in our hemisphere has confronted in modern history,” Rubio proclaimed.

Around 5 PM, the Simon Bolivar Hydroelectric Plant experienced a total and still unexplained collapse. Residents of Caracas and throughout Venezuela were immediately plunged into darkness.

At 5:18 PM, a clearly excited Rubio took to Twitter to announce the blackout and claim that “backup generators have failed.” It was unclear how Rubio had obtained such specific information so soon after the outage occurred. According to Jorge Rodriguez, the communications minister of Venezuela, local authorities did not know if backup generators had failed at the time of Rubio’s tweet.

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/03/11/us-regime-change-blueprint-proposed-venezuelan-electricity-blackouts-as-watershed-event-for-galvanizing-public-unrest/

i don't know, fape
i think this definitely proves rubio's credentials as being well-informed about the situation in venezuela
german dam
https://www.rt.com/news/453844-prank-russia-venezuela-guaido

The self-proclaimed ‘interim president’ of Venezuela, Juan Guaido, has fallen victim to a famous Russian prankster duo, discussing freezing Maduro's Swiss bank accounts and even sending them an “official request” to do so.
On February 20, ‘Maurer’ and Guaido talked about the “crime monies” of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, supposedly held in Swiss banks. The ‘Swiss president’ promised to freeze the accounts, claiming that of late the banks observed transfers from them to Russian and Chinese banks.

The pranksters reassured Guaido that he would be able to “manage” the frozen Venezuelan government accounts “as head of state.” “Excellent,” Guaido replied. Apart from that, the duo talked about another way, suggesting to simply create a personal account for Guaido and transferring Venezuelan state funds there.
While the prank was already a success, Guaido himself apparently added more hilarity to it, bragging to the press about getting in touch with the ‘Swiss president’ and stating that he was “doing everything possible to protect these assets that belong to the republic.” Switzerland, however, swiftly rebuked Guaido's claims, stating – obviously – that “there was no telephone contact between Mr. Guaido and President Maurer.”

The official statement by the real Swiss government, however, did not stop the prankster duo, who then again contacted Abrams and ‘Ambassador’ Vecchio, complaining about Guaido not being able to keep the “talks” private.

Surprisingly, the veteran meddler Abrams took the bait, replying to their email.

Hahaha I'm dying.
dam bro im sick of CARTOON VILLAINS killing/dispossessing REAL PEOPLE
starting to think this lad guaido ain't too bright, pals