*pours a small coffee into a 1kg bag of sugar*
is that the recipe for an actual menu item called "Serious Strawberry" because if so, seems like a lot of work, to make and serve that drink.
it porabably somethin a customer requested to make a funny joke. lol. im lolin
[account deactivated]

slipdisco posted:

David Pravda stars in a Marchin' Scredarmy picture...CLEAN STREETS

Czech out these streets, they're so clean you could eat off of em!
[account deactivated]

jansenist_drugstore posted:

babbys first time readinh settlers

[account deactivated]
i honestly think Gritty was a literal psyop along those lines. like basically a null payload whose spread was monitored.
I’ve never felt subzero temperatures in my life, is there much difference between 3 degrees Fahrenheit and like -30? Or is it all the same at that point
yesterday it was 55, today it's -1. hell yeah baby. tiddy

dimashq posted:

I’ve never felt subzero temperatures in my life, is there much difference between 3 degrees Fahrenheit and like -30? Or is it all the same at that point

They are not the same, because there is a 33 degree difference between those two temperatures

swampman posted:

dimashq posted:

They are not the same, because there is a 33 degree difference between those two temperatures

I meant the physical feeling, but also that would be a 34 degree difference

the rate of increase in misery declines as the mercury drops but by that point you're already really fucking miserable
Nah you notice a difference. I did some winter training in th Canadian Army... (I was young and impressionable, forgive me. Fuck the troops imo) Mostly in the time it takes for your body parts to progress through cold>numb>frostbite. The colder it gets the fewer mistakes you can make with your clothing before you get punished.

Sometimes it's nicer when things are well below freezing vs just below freezing because water on your clothes will decrease their insulation but snow/ice won't.
for a novelty i once went out when it was -40 just to feel what it was like. that was the moment i finally resolved to return to the south

dimashq posted:

swampman posted:

dimashq posted:

Child, you need to swear off drugs for good.

0° was scientifically abolished in the year 0 AD

ialdabaoth posted:

to be fair, they didn't have much need for low temperature measurements in cambodia

I can answer all your questions about cold weather if you'll stop talking in medieval gobbledygook measurements. Please belatedly catch up to the 20th century and use Celsius.
[account deactivated]

ialdabaoth posted:

50 - 17 = 33
50 - 17 + 20 - 20 = 33
(50 - 20) - (17 - 20) = 33
30 - (-3) = 33
Shut the fuck up

shriekingviolet posted:

I can answer all your questions about cold weather if you'll stop talking in medieval gobbledygook measurements. Please belatedly catch up to the 20th century and use Celsius.

faherenheit is the only non-metric unit that i think is actually practically useful. celcius ranges from -20 to +40 and fahrenheit goes from 0 to 100, better dynamic range in the region of interest. just imo

swampman posted:

50 - 17 = 33
50 - 17 + 20 - 20 = 33
(50 - 20) - (17 - 20) = 33
30 - (-3) = 33
Shut the fuck up

if it worked same as years itd be a 31° difference anyways

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

dimashq posted:

swampman posted:

dimashq posted:

a couple weekends ago i was in the mountains and it was -9 (f) when i woke up and walked the dog. it did not feel markedly different than the previous afternoon when it was 10 (f) but my dog was noticeably less comfortable despite loving the cold. its very dry up there, though, so idk if that changes things

i would never dream of disagreeing with canadians on this issue, though, as it is their area of expertise

The cold is much easier to handle if it's dry out, but it will also be harder to tell the temperature by feel on your skin. You'll know though by how much your lungs crinkle up like brittle tissue paper when you attempt to breathe, or whether your eyelids start freezing shut when you blink. Enjoy -30
Actually useful hot tip for southern people who took the warp whistle to winter: If it's cold out, and you're feeling very cold, but then you start feeling warm, that's hypothermia. You should get inside to warm up immediately, or welcome to die.

shriekingviolet posted:

Actually useful hot tip for southern people who took the warp whistle to winter: If it's cold out, and you're feeling very cold, but then you start feeling warm, that's hypothermia. You should get inside to warm up immediately, or welcome to die.

thx for the tip but fortunately the cold is all gone now. no subzero temperatures forecast for the next week and we're due to hit 18° by sunday

e: C

ilmdge posted:

i love how they've kept the same "identify as an attack helicopter" jokes in there for, what, 10, 15 years?

its probably impossible to change without breaking the PM system or something