Belphegor posted:

tears posted:

i tried to stay away but i literally cant

Lol same

same.

i moved, now i'm letting the past 5 years of my life kind of percolate in my mind and i'm sure i'll have something interesting to say about the political stuff at some point.

did anyone know that "tankie" was a term people used in real life, to refer to real people? i didn't, until i had some random dudes over after a show. that used to be, like, an online only word, relegated to fringe, fbi-monitored websites. i don't even know what it means anymore.

thirdplace posted:

i'm in the Cold Zone, replying to every asshole goin "what about that global warming" with "it was raining three weeks ago you fuckin imbecile"

(if they do not know from context that this is an extraordinarily bizarre thing to happen in the upper midwest in early january, far moreso than subzero wind chills in late january, then i add that part too)

and also it'll be in the 40s by the weekend, because 100 degree swings in 3 days is fine and normal

red_dread posted:

Belphegor posted:

tears posted:

i tried to stay away but i literally cant

Lol same

same.

i moved, now i'm letting the past 5 years of my life kind of percolate in my mind and i'm sure i'll have something interesting to say about the political stuff at some point.

did anyone know that "tankie" was a term people used in real life, to refer to real people? i didn't, until i had some random dudes over after a show. that used to be, like, an online only word, relegated to fringe, fbi-monitored websites. i don't even know what it means anymore.

theres a lot of extremely Online people who read twitter and stuff like that all day long and they start using the Online words in real life like a person revealing all of their private perversions in public and i find it very offputting

the only place I see tankie is from mostly liberal weirdos on Twitter who are deluded into thinking they represent the Real Left, that would be really weird to hear out loud and probably make me think the person I was talking to was some fbi agent from the 70s. I actually had to google it last year just to double check it didn't have some other more sinister meaning I was missing

anyway I hope everything is ok here. sorry I am not around. everything in my life was too much for a while. I played some video games and was burnt out a lot. lately I have been taking some music classes and feel a lot better. making stuff is super important. the UK is on fire and the IRA is blowing up cars again. everything under heaven is in utter chaos. cheers.
lf for lyfe, b*tch
psychiatrists are the stupidest people on earth, mandatory olanzapine, aripiprazole and bromide salts for them all. now thats restorative justice
i have lost 18 pounds since the new year on a diet because my old health habits (i am very overweight: this is not an unhealthy loss and includes a lot of water weight) were counterrevolutionary. Hopefully this translates into more energy for doing communism education.
I just did 6 miles of trail running and feel amazing. I think I’ve discovered the elusive runner’s high
i should start Running again
i lost 30lbs in 3 months by moving to a place without a 24hr convenience store and a 24hr McDonald's across the road

littlegreenpills posted:

i lost 30lbs in 3 months by moving to a place without a 24hr convenience store and a 24hr McDonald's across the road

I don't think driving over an IED outside of Kabul is a safe or accessible weight loss plan for most people

[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

I don't think driving over an IED outside of Kabul is a safe or accessible weight loss plan for most people

Actually studies have shown that the more Americans go on this miracle diet the safer it will be for everyone

karphead posted:

lf for lyfe, b*tch

Belphegor posted:

I wish I believed in God. I went to an Anglican mass a couple weeks ago to see if I could kindle some sort of faith but I mostly just felt anxious.

theres your issue, the only god in the church is the one yu take in there with you, if you are really interested just take an interest in theology combined with whatever your prefered scientific discipline is and maoism, and smoke enough weed to incapacitate a herd of elephants, maybe you'll have some mystical experiences, its ineffabily wild. if it doesnt work then guess what, you now know lots more and youre high as fuck to boot; win-win really

[account deactivated]
Weed would be great if it didn’t make me feel like a lazy piece of shit
i might start posting again, i dunno

toyotathon posted:

i think belphegor quit smoking a while ago so w/ respect to the rest of tears' post and its sincerity, i'll counter-suggest to stay that good course...

Tears advice sounds pretty good, I wish I could follow it. My brain is incompatible with thc it seems. I used to smoke a lot of weed and it put me halfway to schizophrenia.. if I started again I'm sure it would finish the job

thats interesting. would you mind saying more about what you mean by schizophrenia as it tends to be applied broadly. no pressure though.

dimashq posted:

Weed would be great if it didn’t make me feel like a lazy piece of shit

again, i find the effect it has on different people to be fascinating, tell me more about the witch-weed

met an old man who says the party scene was wonderful in the GDR outside of work hours

tears posted:

thats interesting. would you mind saying more about what you mean by schizophrenia as it tends to be applied broadly. no pressure though.

edit: PMD you

lithium (atomic number: 3)... finally
I've always found it wild that the drug lithium is literally the element... and not even a random one like ytterbium it's literally the third one?!? And it's also what makes batteries work? Oh yeah this brain drug and computer chemical all comes from South America where it glitters like a beetle in giant squares
its actually not just the element, it's Li+, in some salt form like lithium carbonate or lithium citrate. taking pure metallic lithium, which is highly reactive with water (and the reaction product LiOH is also caustic), would kill you
however one cool example of an element thats also medicinally used, and a nitrous oxide like recreational drug, and gives a darth vader voice is Xenon

lenochodek posted:

its actually not just the element, it's Li+, in some salt form like lithium carbonate or lithium citrate. taking pure metallic lithium, which is highly reactive with water (and the reaction product LiOH is also caustic), would kill you

theres always one

lenochodek posted:

however one cool example of an element thats also medicinally used, and a nitrous oxide like recreational drug, and gives a darth vader voice is Xenon

wow way to overlook o2

not to mention my good friend f-

f- is also ionized, needs some kind of counterion, and is added to water either in salt form or via some other carrier like fluorosilicic acid. elementary F2 will kill you and is difficult to handle. saying f- in water is in elementary form is like saying soup contains chlorine because there are cl- ions in a salty solution. please dont leak this info to dan kaszeta so he wont write an article about president assad's covert stocks of soup powder though

soup contains chlorine follow the money
buddy

YOU contain chlorine
*eating a big bowl of lithium to own this thread*
im prepared to die on the hill that asserts the subordiantion of the ion to its element
i ate a bowl of weet bix this morning. is that a element
im not an alchemist or anything but i think weetabix is like, a molecule

idk if weetabix is the same thing as weet bix but i searched for it and this was one of the result summaries

Weet-Bix - Wikipedia
28 Fundamental Beliefs; Pillars; Sabbath; Conditional immortality; Historicism; Premillennialism; Investigative judgment; Remnant; Three Angels' Messages; Eschatology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weet-Bix

tears posted:

im prepared to die on the hill that asserts the subordiantion of the ion to its element

the subordination of the ion is my favourite mao speech

i've been going running at the local Y recently. my brother in law told me i can't keep hiding from political praxis forever. i gave a paperback copy of 'Settlers' to a 22yo doughboy co-worker. everyday i am enraptured by the feeling of becoming yet more powerful
in the past year i've quit, been fired and been laid off, which is a personal best