Do you have a bust of Stalin on your desk? If not, what are you doing to fix that problem?
do you sell dog food in your role as small business owner
[account deactivated]
did you found your small business or did you buy it like you would a red guard communist party

sovnarkoman posted:

do you accept bitcoins

No. I actually dont accept Venmo or any other surviving payment processro and people actually get frustrated by this.

Petrol posted:

Im a small business owner. Love too brutally own small businesses

D oyour worst

ilmdge posted:

so how do we order the dogs, can we do it here in the thread or is there some other procedure

You have to teach the dog to associate a behavior with an order then reward it for practicing the association until the behavior is like a reflex action following the order. Then move on to situations with distraction. You cant do it in this thread as dogs are illiterate, spend no time online and hate internet nerds.

Synergy posted:

Do you have a bust of Stalin on your desk? If not, what are you doing to fix that problem?

I don't have a desk

ghostpinballer posted:

do you sell dog food in your role as small business owner

Never, but I do give nutritional advice

Caesura109 posted:

question from noob at life: if you don’t make more than a manager why go through the trouble of running a small business anyways? I mean the prospects for growth in this current economic moment look... not ideal, to say the least

Some advantages I enjoy, over just managing the business for someone else:
- Nobody can fire me
- Nobody hassles me or micro-manages my work
- If I think something needs to happen I can just make it happen; all resources of the business are at my disposal and I can take any role in the business that I please (all of this within very severe restrictions that loosen as I make the business run better)
- If the business shrinks I am the most protected worker
- If I find something else to do that makes money, I can stop working at my business and it will be fine without me - then I could step back in later and still have a job
- Since I choose who gets hired, I can give a job to a friend or family member, or a friend's friend or family member, which can be super valuable

ialdabaoth posted:

did you found your small business or did you buy it like you would a red guard communist party

I'm the founding fucker... This Q makes me almost want to do the thing where I try to convince everyone that I did this all hopped up on brow sweat, and that not a single flake of Nazi-thieved gold financed my wage plantation... To be honst the Nazis could have got the gold legitiately, in this circumstances

Do you have policies for what to do if your workers suspect that a client's dog is being abused? Or other unpleasant contingencies?

shriekingviolet posted:

Do you have policies for what to do if your workers suspect that a client's dog is being abused? Or other unpleasant contingencies?

The challenge here is that reporting someone to AC&C is now calling the cops. We've never suspected a client of hurting their dog but we do see a few neglect cases. Usually these are resolved either by education ("a typical dog her age needs 1 hour of hard exercise each day") or establishing basic communication between the owner and the dog, which fosters an emotional connection and empathy for the dog's plight. We have also given people reduced rates so they could afford more service because there is a fair amount of borderline neglect when people for example underestimate the expense of a dog. Most deeply neglectful and abusive owners don't use businesses like mine because abuse is pretty obvious on a dog.

swampman posted:

The challenge here is that reporting someone to AC&C is now calling the cops.

Hello yes Animal Control? There's a pig on the loose wandering the streets, he looks real lonely, send help ASAP, he needs other pig friends

shriekingviolet posted:

swampman posted:

The challenge here is that reporting someone to AC&C is now calling the cops.

Hello yes Animal Control? There's a pig on the loose wandering the streets, he looks real lonely, send help ASAP, he needs other pig friends

please send the help faster

how many dogs would a dogwalker walk, if a dogwalker could walk dogs
im coming off a night shift and cold meds here so vear w me... the word walk looks fucking ridiculous
The most dogs I ever walked at once was a lot. Dogs tend to mimick the behavior of other dogs, so walking a large group of dogs is in some ways easier than walking 2-3. But the logistic limit is set by inter-dog distances. Every morning I wake up and open-palm slap my forehead working on the traveling salesman problem as an unskilled mathematician. If anyone likes programming and math, come work for me writing a custom software for route optimization that would save me personally 6 hours a week for the rest of my life.