I own a small business. I"m a "Small Business Owner.". I use more than 15 waged laborers. I proide a service to the community, which if you have money, you're apart of. Ask my anything
[account deactivated]
been told by noted communists that to get rich is glorious. Is this true??

toyotathon posted:

have you ever killed a dog because an owner asked you to? have you eaten a meal of dog food yourself, so you know the differences and can speak with confidence to clients? have you eaten cat

No

pescalune posted:

been told by noted communists that to get rich is glorious. Is this true??

Am i rich? Sort of..I make maybe $35k a year right now, maybe, working full time. My businss is "valuable" and if someone wanted to buy it, id walk away with something, enough to like, take a few years and go to school abroad, not retire tho. Its probably fkin glorious as hell tho and I love the idea of me personally having trillion dollars. IOts all i dream of

Can i get a job OP?
long time ago i ate from a can of dog food and had horrible realization that it tasted identical to the meat inside canned ravioli. i no longer eat canned ravioli, dogfood or meat. this is my dog food story. hth.

OP why do yuo think Gssh ate some dog food
make your workers an account
let us talk to them
what's turnover like, and in the event it isn't real high, are you aware of any talk of organization or unionizing? have you considered alternative organizational structures (coop, etc?)

Populares posted:

Can i get a job OP?

No

ghostpinballer posted:

OP why do yuo think Gssh ate some dog food

I literally have never eaten dog food. Canned dog food is usually specialty form of dog food like Royal Canin whcich probably just tastes like bland meat. Or its fake ingredient dog food with corn syrup. Gssh is a cosmonaut exploring the deepest reaches of flavorspace

Gssh posted:

long time ago i ate from a can of dog food and had horrible realization that it tasted identical to the meat inside canned ravioli. i no longer eat canned ravioli, dogfood or meat. this is my dog food story. hth.

the logical answer is to eat fucking dog food moron

[account deactivated]

Populares posted:

Can i get a job OP?

As of today yes

what happened :(
somebody set up us the bomb

thirdplace posted:

what's turnover like, and in the event it isn't real high, are you aware of any talk of organization or unionizing? have you considered alternative organizational structures (coop, etc?)

Turnover was pretty high toward the end of 2018 but I've put a stop to that. Usually people leave either because they're moving on to some other part of their life (ie. moving, going back to school) or for health reasons. (NObody asked so far but one of the biggest features of my staff is that they're all sick all the time. They get seriously hurt and cant afford any medical care at all, or they have chronic conditions that cause all sorts of mayhem. More than two of my staff are unable to work certain days of the week/month because those are the only times their doctor will see them. Others want to lie about income or cant work very much because too much income would interfere with their medicaid and they would die. This year everyone got the flu more or less at once.)

If there is a unionization movement they're doing a great job keeping it secret from me. A few years back I tried to have a staff meeting and told them "Hey I would like for you all to take over the company and co own it with me." They were totally unimpressed and disinterested it took me a couple weeks to realize why. Mostly because my position does not look valuable. I work all the time and make about as much as my managers. It's not clear that I make any money or that there is any more to pay them than I'm already paying them (and really I don't and there isn't). I deal with the most stressful and boring parts of the business and also, many of the unique internal processes I use to run the business, I have guarded jealously instead of delegating like a normal fkin human. But beside the idea that the business looks like a liability, workers at this payscale ($15-20/hr in Brooklyn) don't want to spend more than 18 months or two years here or anywhere. Almost anyone I hire who turns out to be good at their job, also is figuring out the next thing to do in their life. That probably jsut means I provide shitty jobs, but I like to think no I dont.

littlegreenpills posted:

Gssh posted:

Yes, and this would be cheaper than nutritionally equivalent human food becaus??? Please mature.

toyotathon posted:

would you eat a dog in a social situation where it would be very impolite to refuse, like for instance your cool butcher friend gives you some of his special stock as a gift, but he accidentally left the price tag on (it's high), and every time you see him he asks you "well? how was it?"

I would not be friendly with a butcher. The local beer-and-pig-parts specialty shoppe went bust and I privately was glad to see it go, having never set foot inside. Confessions of a dangerous mind....

ialdabaoth posted:

what happened :(

Only that the early january slowdown has itself ended early and i didnt hire enough people in time for this. Applicants must have prior experience and basically cant know me from this internet forum at all

toyotathon posted:

would you eat a dog in a social situation where it would be very impolite to refuse, like for instance your cool butcher friend gives you some of his special stock as a gift, but he accidentally left the price tag on (it's high), and every time you see him he asks you "well? how was it?"

I get what it you're trying to do. I get it, Im a bad person and this should manifest in my outer badness such as hypotheticll willingness to eat small animals. The only thing tho, that makes me remotely good is tht I never dreamed of doing this, of hiring people,i fell into it by necessity and am trying to make it work for everyone GOD willing

swampman posted:

littlegreenpills posted:

Gssh posted:

Yes, and this would be cheaper than nutritionally equivalent human food becaus??? Please mature.

actually the motivation was frugality experiment as it was locally produced industrial canned dogfood for <€1 kg, not bourgeois canin royal.

[account deactivated]
if u take a civil service test u can make more in the same geographical area, be in a union, *and* never have to fire anyone for Epic Worker Cred. capitalism loses again. please ignore that all social services are brutally means-tested, that the union actually sucks and gives a million dollars to liberals every 10 minutes, and that all elected officials in the NY metro area go straight from office to corruption charges to finance industry.
[account deactivated]
op gib mone
do you do that small business owner thing where you try to justify it all the time instead of just leaning into it?
oh wait

toyotathon posted:

wasn't judging about the numbers or ethics of your wage relationship w/ your employees... but now that you mention it if you're in control of their labor can't you think of something better to do w/ 10 sets of hands+brains at $15-20/hr than dog walking??? they could probably think of a lot of things

Well, we have to bring in money to survive, and right now we have like, clients, reputation, etc that all kind of suggests we should keep doing what we're prepared to do abd that we know people will pay us money for. If one or more of my staff came to me and said "we should do this, for this reason" i wouldnt say like "no our task is alredady defined, by the Lord"? They could easily come up with something morally better to do, but to actually flesh out a plan, get others on board, get us prepared to implement it, these take time energy and resources that they dont have. I barfely have time for such plannes and i spend 1005 of my time obsessing over work

kornfan posted:

if u take a civil service test u can make more in the same geographical area, be in a union, *and* never have to fire anyone for Epic Worker Cred. capitalism loses again. please ignore that all social services are brutally means-tested, that the union actually sucks and gives a million dollars to liberals every 10 minutes, and that all elected officials in the NY metro area go straight from office to corruption charges to finance industry.

I hate to ever fire someone, I only do it when required by basic Sharia law. Lying, not showing up, doing something outright negligent/dangerous, pretty much covers why I have fired people. Much like a Nazi concentration camp employee, I don't really see myself in control in these kinds of situations, but instead I choose to think that if someone's gonna discipline the labor force it might as well be me.

toyotathon posted:

OP what's it like not being able to ride rollercoasters or put cups back up in the top cabinets. owned

I'm not a short person, but I dont have time to take any vacations to my favorite activity of rollercoasters which all tend to be built exactly for people of my height an weight, nor do i have time to put a cup away but keep the 1 in perpetual use so I drink all bacteria before they can form posionous slime

damoj posted:

op gib mone

How much money do you need? I don't have any, but feel free to request money. One of my staff got hit by car last night* and they are going to need some fund raising money for their health stuff, which by some reason they deserve, more than you

Edit. *OFF the job. Happened off the job site. Not on the job

Edited by swampman ()

Parenti posted:

do you do that small business owner thing where you try to justify it all the time instead of just leaning into it?

I do both at once its called a double standard and the whole point is to believe one thing and act a diffefnt way. Try it some time

Parenti posted:

oh wait

Dont take that attitude with me and dont come in to work tomorrow thanks

swampman posted:

One of my staff got hit by car last night*

the now hiring plot thickens

ps i hope they are doing alright
do you accept bitcoins
Im a small business owner. Love too brutally own small businesses
so how do we order the dogs, can we do it here in the thread or is there some other procedure