ialdabaoth posted:

maybe we could make this a reciprocal thing. are you stilll uh, scrubbing animal shit. nevermind

wait i didn't know swampman was a mod

a certain poster has some explaining to do

We require more vespene gas
whats your real job cars, i dont buy your tailor schtick
he's a foreman at the dick sucking factory, where i work
i'm a foreman at the dick sucking factory where kinch works.

Edited by swampman ()

Your job is doctor who? Cool. I dont watch that but you were great in broadchurch
dr who has really fallen off from that 70s episode where he respectfully explains to a chinese character that he was with mao on the long march
god
Your job is god? Look, that's cool, but you have a lot to answer for!
my job, the one and only
divination
i m a doughy pinkish Midlands gamer
I work with a charity and yeah its much better than my last job(s)

also do some freelance consultation for policy shit for other charities, and when i say i did, i have done this once and the pay is decent so its something im gonna try and do again. also do hair modelling and life modelling

used to buy and sell drugs while also consuming them but now i just seem to bizarrely get free drugs a lot more than before from basque nationalists sometimes i sell them on, usually i just consume them

as i work with a charity thats affiliated with another older larger charity sometimes we get weird letters and we got one last week that everyone was like "thats a bit weird/concerning" but it made me cry laughing cause it was so fucking off the wall weird and my colleague just kept on saying "We've broken Cuntessa"

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

as i work with a charity thats affiliated with another older larger charity sometimes we get weird letters

do they do the thing where the larger better funded organization tries to scam your smaller local org into giving them money for nothing, because i love that routine. they always seem so genuinely confused when told to politely fuck off, why wouldn't you jump at the chance to do a bunch of extra unpaid labour laundering money up from your locally focused org to a big national, it just doesn't make sense!

No

We get weird letters with people wanting to let us know we're denying father's rights and part of a wider anti west male agenda and/or they want to hug babies for god
they should remind god that sending proxies to hug babies for Him is still violating the terms of His restraining order
When I worked for a non-profit this guy mailed us a gigantic three-ring binder full of his time-stamped journals of the messages different celebrity women had sent him through his TV about how they wanted to be his wife and why they were a better match for him than the others. We couldn't do anything about that, but he seemed pretty happy with the situation so maybe he didn't mind.

Cuntessa_Markievicz posted:

No

We get weird letters with people wanting to let us know we're denying father's rights and part of a wider anti west male agenda and/or they want to hug babies for god

please accept my + as a token of solidarity

i once posted a dead bird to a conservative political party offices.

Gssh posted:

i once posted a dead bird to a conservative political party offices.

Good.

i'm a retail clerk
I'm a tax accountant
merdedical coder
i deliver the mail
I'm an architect. probably the most bougie profession imaginable, and I'd rather be pushing shopping carts right now tbh

nomogram posted:

I'm an architect. probably the most bougie profession imaginable, and I'd rather be pushing shopping carts right now tbh

Art Vandelay?

I thought he was an importer-exporter

nomogram posted:

yeah right

I’m a civil servant working for county government. we have one of the highest tax bases in Amerikkka but so few services for our massive and growing homeless population. the county’s previous executive ran on the “Tax Revolt Party” ticket and was just arrested for a number of very funny crimes
im a jasper reports developer

kornfan posted:

I’m a civil servant working for county government. we have one of the highest tax bases in Amerikkka but so few services for our massive and growing homeless population. the county’s previous executive ran on the “Tax Revolt Party” ticket and was just arrested for a number of very funny crimes

share pls

*swings laserline rod* Everything south of the sheriff's is ML territory.

littlegreenpills posted:

my favorite is his wife got a six-figure no-show taster job at a two-dollar-sign-on-Yelp restaurant in a gentrifying neighborhood. but another really good one is he paid a celebrity cop like $4 less than would have to be approved by the legislature to write up a proposal on whether consolidating police departments would save tax money. the celebrity cop plagiarized the whole thing and ultimately did not make a recommendation

ive been working as a postie for several months now and i really enjoy it. colleagues are generally uncouth and pro-union, and the access to "analogue metadata" i get allows me to infer so much about wherever i'm delivering. a colleague delivers to the Murdochs and i'm trying to swap runs with them so i can smear shit or anthrax or something on rupert's mail
I'm a driver. I'm a winner.

drwhat posted:

I'm a driver.

Wow, mods??

I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me.
realizing that job opportunities might be quite different following this and the current downtime could allow for some planning.

what kind of jobs/fields would be worth pursuing to ensure a minimal degree of stability/mobility post-covid?

pls share visions from your crystal balls.
^^ virologist