Petrol posted:

ive never really gotten into japanese animation at all and people keep on telling me that there is stuff i would be into if i look hard enough so thanks i probably will watch it this weekend

Petrol was being sarcastic. Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, or simply do not watch anime.
if nothing is true, everything is Neon Genesis Evangelion
i have never seen it but the official anime of tHE r H i z z o n E is Revolutionary Girl Utena because khamsek is still in charge of deciding that. probably also everything realsubtle likes is good too and we must never cease to struggle in support of the realsubtle line.

swampman posted:

Petrol was being sarcastic. Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, or simply do not watch anime.

Yes, i would definitely recommend a grown ass woman to watch the anime I thought was very deep when i was a 17 year old taking a lot of acid all the time.

Hell,
*pressing your face into a blob of cow shit* Did I hear you disrespecting Neon Genesis Evangelion?! *I lift you up by your underwear so your face implants deeper into the blob DId. I hear you disrespecting. Neon Genesis. Evanglion. You `little nerd!!
this might be controversial but i believe that eva is good even if teens also liked it at some point. farewell, and good luck with consolidating the rhizzone line on Japanimation
while we're pn the topic the anime music video in tears profile is la creme de la creme

lo posted:

this might be controversial but i believe that eva is good even if teens also liked it at some point. farewell, and good luck with consolidating the rhizzone line on Japanimation

my posting history in this place betrays the fact that i also still like eva. but there is a difference between liking something and recommending it. Hell, i watch jojo.

Eva freaking owns

blinkandwheeze posted:

Eva freaking owns

a curse on those who insult eva
___________/

ialdabaoth posted:

while we're pn the topic the anime music video in tears profile is la creme de la creme

cars posted:

i have never seen it but

no investigation

Petrol posted:

Ever had one of those moments when you simultaneously feel very smart and also extremely dumb? This morning, as I quietly made as many preparations as possible for a very busy day before my toddler wakes up (any minute now), I decided I wanted to wear a particular pair of pants which happen to have developed a perfectly phone-sized hole in the left pocket. On the few occasions I've worn them over the last couple of months, I've had to keep my phone and other usual left-pocket items in my right pocket, along with its usual contents of wallet & keys, which is unwieldy and terrible. So I decided that, no, this would be the moment I finally pulled out the shitty $2 sewing repair kit and fix the damn pocket. It had been a long time since I'd bothered to repair a piece of clothing, because I am a shiftless asshole. So it was that it took 10 very long minutes to work out how to thread the needle, and the aforementioned smart-dumb moment was when I realised that the needle-threader is meant to go through the eye of the needle BEFORE you put the thread through the threader. Among other things, today I will be applying for both a new bank account and a Chinese visa, and yet I am struck by the feeling that I may have just overcome the day's biggest challenge already. As always, thanks for reading, and may God bless us all.

i met a girl last week who studies fashion and one night i was at hers i sewed a button onto my cuff and she mocked me mercilessly for my slowness and poor technique (in sewing). mgtow now!

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

Parenti posted:

I was in the Paris riots Saturday night. I got tear gassed pretty bad, scuffled with a cop, kicked a canister back at the CRS, had a motorcycle explode about 5 meters away from me, and then walking away from it all to a dinner party in a rich bourgeois neighborhood (where everyone in their suits looked at me suspiciously and scared, the sounds of explosions and smoke in the distance), I looked up and saw dozens of paper lanterns floating through the sky.

any thoughts on the riots? an article (in the guardian iirc) i read was portraying it as a potential boon to the right.

there was definitely a fascist element present in the streets. the right will profit from this, but, as usual, only because the left is so incoherent and unorganized. i'm reminded of sakai's "the shock of recognition" in which he correctly identified the possibility of fascism being a revolutionary force. being out there drove home that reality to me. people dressed like ultras throwing bottles at cops were not necessarily my comrades. i saw signs calling for frexit because the loi schiappa (basically an eu sex education directive) was pedophilia, and that 11 vaccines are too many etc. and i remember at one point some gilets jaunes shouting at the cops calling them "collabos" for defending macron and his "migrant pets." the "collabo" idea is big among the revolutionary racist sang et terre right who want to use an antifascist legacy by comparing migrants to nazi invaders.

75% of the country supports the protesters though, and while the idea that mélenchon-ites put forward of getting rid of the tax on automobile owners and placing it on the rich seems like that natural line for someone like me to propose, a lot of what i saw in conversations with older people i know (in catholic reactionary circles) felt more like poujadisme, a simple opposition to tax as imposed by a left wing activist state on simple working people (petit bourgeois labor aristocrats in the periphery). the diesel tax is a green tax, and a lot of (justified) hay has been made in the press about the fact that the airlines and shipping pay nothing in this regard.

the protests have more support among le pen supporters (91% I think at last count) than mélenchon (86%). that might not necessarily mean a lot, but i do know that génération identité was among the big march along the champs elysee in the day. i was present at the riots in streets in the evening, which were much more violent allegedly. the cops tear gassed and water cannoned people in the day. i saw no water cannons in the night, though in a haze of tear gas a cop swung a night stick at me which just missed.

the insoumises that i did see in the streets seemed middle aged or just past it. the fascist element i saw was mostly young, 20s and 30s. make of that what you will.

Parenti posted:

she mocked me mercilessly for my slowness and poor technique (in sewing). mgtow now!

theyre not going to get very far on their own if they cant even sew

she was a "good egg," and i deserved to be mocked for it.
every month or so one of the shotgun shacks, sears houses, or modest bungalows that compose my neighborhood gets torn down an replaced by half-million+ dollar tall&skinny mansions. latest one is cattycorner behind me, as i estimated at 5am when the heavy machinery was offloaded and confirmed later after the sun rose

tears posted:

no investigation

Sorry but khamsek is cooler than you.

cars posted:

tears posted:

no investigation

I don't think anyone posting here is in a position to judge relative coolness.

Gallant digs up dirt on literal Neo-Nazi murderer and gives a statement to the fawning world news press that forces them to admit their hero of the day is a Communist, Goofus uhh this space reserved I guess...?
perfect pivot back to "Real Life" here. 10/10.

cars posted:

tears posted:

no investigation

the tradition of all dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brains of the living

[account deactivated]
ill be there for xmas
Nice try officer.
my only crime was high quality anime posting. you won't get away with this officer.
[account deactivated]
my girlfriend got banned from Canada forever :(
[account deactivated]
Let me talk to her.
Canada Border Services are the worst cops in Klanada, tied with all the other cop forces in Klanada
\The other day i ordered a Large Ice Coffee at cosi and the guy working there was like "a large ass coffee?!?! what?" and started laughing like crazy. It was cool

littlegreenpills posted:

my girlfriend got banned from Canada forever :(

Hope she has :10bux:

toyotathon posted:

uh oh what happened?

did too many crimes