i recently discovered non-dairy almond milk ice cream like dessert product from b&js and it is a revelation
congratulations on recently discovering the revelation that is non-dairy almond milk ice cream like dessert product from b&js ^_^
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
real good cornbread

dry ingredients
- 2 cups medium grind corn meal. if its too finely ground that is no good. if it is too course, also no good. bob's red mill medium grind cornmeal is okay but i wish it had a lower uniformity coefficient. sometimes i throw in some grits with the corn meal. i used to get perfectly irregularly stoneground corn meal from a farmer i knew but i moved away sad face
- a little more than a half teaspoon of salt .maybe .75? up to you
- around a half teaspoon of baking powder

wet ingredients
- more than 1.5 cups cultured buttermilk but less than 1.67 cups
- exactly 2 eggs

1 cut your oven on at 425 fakenheit and stick your 10 inch cast iron skilet in there
2 whisk the dry ingredients together
3 whisk the wet ingredients together
4 put out the skillet and add about a half tablespoon of an oil with a high smoke point like canola or corn oil
5 put it back in the oven for like almost ten minutes
6 whisk the dry and wet mixes together good enough to be consistent but don't overdo it. if the batter is too dry add some more buttermilk. if you don't know how to judge the appropriate wetness of the batter rest assured that you will gradually develop this sensitivity in the fullness of time. while we're waiting for that pan and oil to heat up the baking powder is reacting with the buttermilk to create some lift
7 get the skillet out and swirl the hot oil around to coat the whole bottom of the pan and a little up the sides
8 pour the batter into the pan and sort of shake it to get it evenly spread out
9 something like 20-25ish minutes later itll be done. you can do the thing with a knife like you do w cake where it should pull out clean. when the top just barely starts to brown thats usually when i yank it

e: step 8.5 put the skillet back in the oven
ee: lengthened cooking time based on trial and error. my initial 15-20 minute guess was based on a previous version of the recipe with a slightly smaller yield. i had been making smaller pones to stretch out a quart of buttermilk to make three pones but by the third (at a rate of 1/week) it seems to have essentially diminished somehow, resulting in poor chemical levening

Edited by zhaoyao ()

[account deactivated]
i understand that alton brown says to roughly mix the wet and dry ingredients of cornbread, to not create an even consistency. this is dumb and he clearly has no idea what he is talking about, as evidenced by the inclusion in his cornbread recipe of wheat flour and sugar
[account deactivated]
recipie: put the vegetables in the pot with the basil and oregano then add the tomato and the heat for some time; eat when ready (do not eat before ready);
two course meal, first course is two shots of tequila, second course is stir fried mushrooms, edamame, and rice noodles. i think one of the ingredients has MSG but am unclear which.
[account deactivated]
heres my rosemary bread recipie: add the flour (half brown type, half the white type) and the water and the yeast and the salt and the rosemary, in a big bowl, kinda stir it then dump the mess out on a flat surface kneed untill it is correct, leave to rise then divide into loaf tins and leave to rise again. bake in oven with pan of water, congratulations you have 4 loaves of rosemary bread, slice some immediatly & eat it
chowin down four loaves of bread might actually be eytd
I made tiki masala dish with baked potato, carrot, and chickpeas, + spinach, onion, chicken, jasmine rice and lentils. Very good

ialdabaoth posted:

i saved a bunchof misc vegetable castoff parts and boiled them down intoa stock to make vegetable soup which produced more cast off vegetable parts that i will later boil down into stock to make more vegetable soup with

eventually i will geta pot big enough to make so much soup that each soup produces enough cast off vegetable parts to make the entire next stock all by itself

long term goal: a cauldron hanging over a hearth that i just throw some crap in every few days and eat forever

just readin old foodposts and i wanted to let you know you are describing a perpetual motion machine of soup which is dangerous for your soul and a sin against god. abandon your project before it is too late, soupman

god must be dead now soup is eternal
Eventually you start using so much water for making bigger and bigger batches of soup that it begins to interfere with the water needs for the vegetable crops you need for the soup and you either find a sustainable equilibrium or make vegetable soup extinct.
note to self: seaweed soup? research aquatic vegetables
using frozen peas to treat injury then toss in spices, shake and eat out of the bag with spoon.
Goon Cauldron Soup Toxx Challenge
jeezos christos
having a small temper tantrum because i discovered in the midst of making dinner that my 1kg bag of gochugaru was punctured at some point and the whole thing has become a solid brick of mold.

ialdabaoth posted:

note to self: seaweed soup? research aquatic vegetables

i would strongly recommend trying hijiki for this, it's my favourite dried seaweed

[account deactivated]
yes, it's my favorite dried seaweed
what i ate today
-banana
-big bag of hot cheetos
-tortellini
-chocolate

i expect to eat myself to death within the week