Petrol posted:

Rockstar Games Presents Lumpensettlers II

so i became more interested in this game when i saw who worked on the soundtrack, and i found out i could get it by trading in 3 games i dont want to play anymore and that i paid less for in total than the cowboy game costs. so i did, and i played it for about an hour, and it seems pretty good so far. thats my video game story for today.

the part in RDR where you ride into mexico and far away by jose gonzalez starts playing out of nowhere is pretty good
~~step in front of a runaway train

just to feel alive again~~

It's one of those experiences you wish you could forget just to be surprised by it again.
i accidentally pressed pause when 'far away' stopped playing and completely ruined the atmosphere. fuck!!!
i never played the first one because i am not a gamer.

Petrol posted:

i never played the first one because i am not a gamer.

hmm... no that's not it.

how does RDR compare to the witcher 3? im particularly interested in how many doezens of hours i can expect to spend sitting on a horse while an objective marker looms on the horizon
depends on if it's so far, so far away

kamelred posted:

how does RDR compare to the witcher 3? im particularly interested in how many doezens of hours i can expect to spend sitting on a horse while an objective marker looms on the horizon

i havent played witcher 3 but i can tell you that rdr2 is mostly riding a horse with occasional breaks to shave your beard or skin a rabbit.

yeah, i kind of like it. it's kind of playing up the "outlaw life" of having your crew, hiding up in the mountains, doing crimes instead of having a straight job. as a focoist, i'm a big fan of promoting that lifestyle.
i'm playing Mother 1, or "Earthbound Beginnings"

kamelred posted:

not exactly the comparison you asked for but i feel like this might answer your question anyway https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-defiantly-bucks-open-world-trends-1830101610

wow the new Cyberpunk 2077 trailer looks great

Still really enjoying RDR2. Most of all the realism

it now takes like a hundred million dollars to make computer game and after allthat the best they can get the computer to do are these sort of boring simulators where you ride a horse around and get off it to click through a dialogue tree; pubg is better imo
sorry but i just stumbled across a kkk meeting in the woods and those fellas had a real bad night so im gonna say rdr2 is actually the best game.
and yet still just a game, the only way to win is not to play
can't argue with that.

tears posted:

it now takes like a hundred million dollars to make computer game and after allthat the best they can get the computer to do are these sort of boring simulators where you ride a horse around and get off it to click through a dialogue tree; pubg is better imo

its insane, the game is like 60 damn gigs and its a dumbass horse sim that wants to be a movie. no thank you, im going to sit here and play the old timey mario game instead

[account deactivated]

lo posted:

tears posted:

its insane, the game is like 60 damn gigs and its a dumbass horse sim that wants to be a movie. no thank you, im going to sit here and play the old timey mario game instead

mario is still and will always be the actual best game

undertale 2 came out
[account deactivated]
play it and understand
you know what they should have called it... blundertale
still gotta play the first one. it's on switch now right? seems like the perfect way to play it
[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

still gotta play the first one. it's on switch now right? seems like the perfect way to play it

yeah it gets a new boss and everything

sweet. will probably pick it up when physical version comes out
also, anyone got any PSP game recommendations? found an old hacked one someone gave me ages ago that still works. might take it travelling instead of the switch bc if i lose it no big deal

(yes i know about emulation on PSP, just looking for good actual PSP titles to try)
it's already released but you have to buy it through the fangamer merch store, which is the worst four words i typed today

Horselord posted:

you have to buy it through the fangamer merch store,

[account deactivated]

Petrol posted:

also, anyone got any PSP game recommendations? found an old hacked one someone gave me ages ago that still works. might take it travelling instead of the switch bc if i lose it no big deal

(yes i know about emulation on PSP, just looking for good actual PSP titles to try)

it's okay because i found out the correct answer which is to just install legacy of kain soul reaver

Caesura109 posted:

i miss undertale so much, enjpyed it 100% blind as soon as it came out. wish i could erase it from memory and replay fresh. highly reccomend.

read a cool theory about deltarune here

(MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BOTH UNDERTALE AND DELTARUNE AHEAD)

please don't post fanwank or reddit

Caesura109 posted:

read a cool theory about deltarune here

(MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BOTH UNDERTALE AND DELTARUNE AHEAD)

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameTheorists/comments/9uod03/a_comprehensive_deltarune_theory/

Petrol posted:

back in college i knew these kids with a little hutch-shaped room at the attic level of the house they rented and at the top of the stairs they had a poster for George Romero's Land of the Dead Available On PSP

Petrol posted:

patapon games, megaman powered up, metal gear peace walker, monster hunter
after you've gotten persona 3 of course

Kiyomonster posted:

Petrol posted:

PSP game recommendations?

patapon games, megaman powered up, metal gear peace walker, monster hunter
after you've gotten persona 3 of course

i appreciate these suggestions and i think they're very good for normal non-asshole players but unfortunately it's me we're talking about. patapon is cute but im not really into rhythm stuff, i always sucked at every kind of megaman so i hate those games, monster hunter from what i've seen isn't my thing either....

i did try persona 3 a while back and liked it but not enough to devote the dozens of hours i knew it was going to demand over time (not to mention it was a bit grindy for my tastes like most jrpgs)

so i'll try metal gear peace walker, having never actually played any metal gear game ever i am open minded about it an ready to worship at the shrine of kojima