[account deactivated]
Sounds like you need to lift
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
yesterday I talked with a close friend about:

- how after entering the ER due to being sedated by an ambulance for LE EPIC cluster headache, and specifically refusing opiates because a friend of mine with cluster headaches OD'd on them, I was flagged for drug seeking behaviour,

- how my close friend's sister, suffering from seizures, was flagged for drug seeking behaviour for arriving at an ER after a seizure and specifically refusing all drugs, simply wishing for the seizure to be documented in her chart, spent 4 hours sitting handcuffed to a wheelchair for drug seeking behaviour.

then today,

- my roommate's friend, whose doctor left the country on on a 3 month vacation, went to refill her monthly perscription, and was handcuffed to a wheelchair flagged for drug seeking behaviour, because her doctor was out of the country.

meanwhile, we have an opioid crisis because doctors are overprescribing to fill fat bonus cash quotas from pharmaceutical companies. doctors. but do the complicit doctors and pharmacists themselves see any consequences for this? hahahaha nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

class rules everything around me.
What the fuck... one time a pharmacist told me they were flagging me for trying to renew early... and it was just because I had a hard time keeping on top of things so I'd try to renew when I remembered and was in the store... if I ever got handcuffed it would have fucked me up really bad.
fiscal i made a better (in my opinion) version of your av

Thank you, I have updated my avatar accordingly.
That's from the same movie my avi is from.
aesthetics bros

It's one of my favorite movies

[account deactivated]

jansenist_drugstore posted:

old computer died, had to get a new one. got one, all in german. now everyone posting here has a von in front of their names because i didn't bother changing browser language. at first i thought i missed something big. von Petrol, von Parenti, von babyfinland, von piss.

i threw up today, before work. so i stayed home and had breakfast #2.
a dsa friend invited me to a clr james reading group that is all white guys who work in tech or academia. lot of goatee manipulation during the evening
i mean, good for them i guess? what else is to be done with such people?

stegosaurus posted:

a dsa friend invited me to a clr james reading group that is all white guys who work in tech or academia. lot of goatee manipulation during the evening

beards so gross you have to remove them with CLR

winebaby posted:

fertilizer

it ~would~*~~ boost agricultural output
[account deactivated]
hell yeah!

winebaby posted:

I mean I’m another white guy in an industry at least as shitty as tech. I was just trying to set a scene for everyone.

I also want to tell my old retired buddy whose more or less leading the group to stop talking so much but I don’t know how to do that without sounding like a dick
does your state have open carry laws? because i assumed that's what americans use that for.
we had a "move it along" gesture for meetings when people went on too long which I imagine would be gracefully accented by the addition of a gun

Parenti posted:

one of the better portrails of the hitler in cinema imo. really nails how much of a pathetic baby he was, which i think we need nowadays

the absolutely obtuse reading of this movie by western critics is great too. hundreds of brane geniouses so eager to call it a falsification that they willingly ignore how not literal the movie is. like the main character is literally the ussr in human form. come the fuck on

in actual real life news, it's winter now or some shit so i'm cold all the time. i deliver food on an ebike for work, does anyone know what kind of pants are windproof

waxed denim jeans arent waterproof but theyll definitely get you thru a shower and are just more durable in general
i just walk everywhere in plain jeans because i'm a TRU CANADIAN MACHO DUMBASS but thermal long underwear works wonders if you can stand wearing it (I CAN'T, TOO HIRSUTE,)

also i love winter so much you guys, this morning there was big wide flake hoarfrost over everything and i was just delighted
Motorcycle rain suit? They make lightweight raingear designed to be pulled out of a bag and tossed on over protective equipment. It's usually inexpensive, a pair of overpants can run like 20 bucks. Higher price may get features like breathability or reflectors or whatever. Usually comes in black or high vis safety yellow.

Just be careful of sizes because these are often intended to be put on quickly over another jacket/pants/boots at the side of the road in a rainstorm, so your normal size would probably be clownpants balloonish on their own.

I can't speak to its durability with regular use, and the simple rain gear wouldnt provide any protection from injury.

Horselord posted:

Parenti posted:

one of the better portrails of the hitler in cinema imo. really nails how much of a pathetic baby he was, which i think we need nowadays

the absolutely obtuse reading of this movie by western critics is great too. hundreds of brane geniouses so eager to call it a falsification that they willingly ignore how not literal the movie is. like the main character is literally the ussr in human form. come the fuck on

in actual real life news, it's winter now or some shit so i'm cold all the time. i deliver food on an ebike for work, does anyone know what kind of pants are windproof

What movie is this?

dimashq posted:

Horselord posted:

Parenti posted:

What movie is this?

The Fall of Berlin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_of_Berlin_(film)

[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

is anyone here a fantasy dork

u called?

tell me waht u want.... $ettler failsons going to magic school? angry women insanly brutally murdering hundreds of people with knives and swords? wizards snorting drugs so they can kill god? ant people politics? something even better?

[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

that third one sounds cool

ok sorry but that book doesnt exist yet, im relying on you to write it, but if you want something along the same theme check out the mistborn stuff by sanderson. fantasy is like inherently stupid and pretty fucked up. modern western anglo fantasy, which is all i know about, is full of wierdos, and you can find some pretty wierd stuff. the war nerd podcast did an interesting episode aboout fascism in science fiction, but "fantasy" is right up there too

another poster described brandon sanderson as being like a good screenwriter, good at hooking you and keeping you reading, action movie but book, its what i always recomend if someone wants normal-ish modern fantasy book - plus he's a mormon so maybe that makes it more wholesome. ursula le guins earthsea books are great too. if you want really nerdy stuff try eriksons malazan stuff, - borderline incomprehensible at the beginning but really engaging if you like looking at little maps as you read - its basically a big tabeltop campaign fantasy where erikson moves warhammer figures around but in a book - they have so many special figures that theres like a encyclopedia at the back of each book. Grossmans magicians is interesting imo because its basically depressed $ettler failson gets to go to magical eton; thats a trippy fantasy that grossman had lol. robert jordans 14 volume whell of time series a multimillion word portrayal of all women as stubbourn nagging shrews, three of whom the main charecter gets to marry. the effort was so torturous that it actually gave jordan cancer or something, sanderson had to finish the last couple of books. joe abercrombie wrote some wierd shit, including best Served Cold which is like the bloodier book version zak snyder directing sucker punch, lmao. - i thought his kids books were actually quite good - half a king etc. the best/worst of my fantasy picks is prince of thornes which is some guy names mark lawrences actual psychopath murder and manipulate to the top fantasy - so extremely fucked up, i highly recomend. he wrote a second series whcih was called trials of the horny prince or something, and this guy

, just published volume 17 of his nerd-fash manifesto, gotta read it to believe it

Edited by tears ()

rip georgerrmartin dead from watching too much american football
I finished the first book in that Malazan series which was ok, I got halfway through the second or so which was substantially better. I got distracted by other stuff but is it worth it to continue?
Assuming u actually read this long ass series about magic