damoj posted:

i think cliffites are the only trots who stand by kronstadt, correct me if i'm wrong

iirc the cliffite position is that kronstadt was a necessary tragedy given the emergency but also proof that the worker's state had collapsed and that the revolution was failing. which i respect for its boldness.

cliffites flexing, posing, demonstrating their extreme trot power to antagonize all sides of an argument at once, wow so strong, unbeatable
[account deactivated]
he was almost certainly a CIA asset the othher part is dumb though
this man still gonna win term 2
a guy shot up a synagogue and killed a lot of people while screaming 'death to all jews' but it was a white maga guy so its just a hate crime, not terrorism/wizardry.
he got on Facebook real quick a few hours before he shot them and said he didn't vote for Trump and actually he didn't like Trump he'd decided recently. Bazinga

[account deactivated]
Excellent news from Western Hemisphere today as 5,000 United State Troops group in one location to improve death yield of the truck bombs used to exterminate them
[account deactivated]
Tbh I'm p worried about RG or a similar 12 person local doing something stupid and everyone on a list being rounded up in the aftermath. we can't even get people to organize workplace or tenant unions instead of day of action protests every week, we're very far from 'legitimized' leftist violence
That said the lefts situation is different in Brazil. Maybe the landless movement is prepping, idk. They're certainly stronger than any movement in the US

JohnBeige posted:

Tbh I'm p worried about RG or a similar 12 person local doing something stupid and everyone on a list being rounded up in the aftermath. we can't even get people to organize workplace or tenant unions instead of day of action protests every week, we're very far from 'legitimized' leftist violence

propaganda of the weed
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/413754-clinton-teases-interviewer-who-confused-holder-and-booker-they-allyear one alt timeline glimpse

too late, Hillary finally finds the strategy that would have won her the presidency

toyotathon posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/politics/donald-trump-ending-birthright-citizenship/index.htmlyear one real timeline

i was briefly exposed to a purported explanation of how this would work legally. something about diplomats' children not being automatically citizens, the oath confederate soldiers had to swear to get their citizenship restored, and a couple other contextually irrelevant notions and extralegal opinions strung together, the gist being that an executive order to end birthright citizenship wouldn't actually contradict the clear wording of the 14th amendment

the only thing that really matters legally is what the supreme court says, and they have 3 votes for fascism and one vote for hyper-originalism that might as well be, so the only things standing against it are Roberts' sense of institutional self interest and the tickers of an 80 year old man and an 84 year old woman
I keep seeing people post things like 'he can't and wont do that, its unconstitutional' as if illegality wasn't part of the basis of fascism.
still thinking conventional wisdom on what a president can or can't do "legally" is dispositive, two years into trump and three weeks after the kavanaugh confirmation (which the people saying that were hyper-engaged in), very nice
for that matter, remember that time when the supreme court said andrew jackson wasn't allowed to ethically cleanse the Cherokee nation

JohnBeige posted:

I keep seeing people post things like 'he can't and wont do that, its unconstitutional' as if illegality wasn't part of the basis of fascism.

yeah. americans have very cute ideas about their beloved constitution and what they think it forces the courts and the executive to do or not do

it's the "i am a sovereign citizen" of liberals.
[account deactivated]
Has there ever been any instance in all of recorded history, at any level, of a group of people even half as obsessed with their nations founding document as the USian settler

I mean, if you zoom out a bit and think about the documents (among other US idols) as founding myths, the USA-Rome parallel is pretty strong. Which they've leaned into since the beginning lol
eventually, once the dust has settled, some future historian will coin a good term for the contemporary state religion of american berserker-confucianism, and it'll stick because it's completely appropriate.
"Mod-for-Life Lykourgos's posting philosophy"
If anything gets in the way of getting rid of birthright citizenship it will be the complexity of what to replace it with rather than its constitutionality
Yeah I think the current popular historical stance on comparing Rome and the US is that it’s hack but in reality the founding fathers were consciously larping that shit to a certain extent so obviously you’re gonna have some undeniable parallels even outside of the ways in which empires are similar. Though of course mainstream comparisons are usually along the lines of “theyre both declining because they got soft”
[account deactivated]

c_man posted:

If anything gets in the way of getting rid of birthright citizenship it will be the complexity of what to replace it with rather than its constitutionality

the thing is will they give up on the idea before or after implementing it and realizing that dissolving the concept of birthright citizenship means each and every single human being in the US needs their status individually litigated

If we assume they are going to repeal birthright and replace with a universal standard instead of implementing contingent citizenship, sure. How fascist do we think theyre gonna get?

♫ CANDIDATE TWENTY TWENTYYYYY, WHICH ONE WILL IT BEEEEE ♪

Service Guarantees Citizenship, Citizen.
Love the "soldiers will refuse orders to shoot migrants" people. Hmmmm....shoot brown foreigners, or lose my job, go to jail, and immediately become public enemy number one for half the country? Tough call for me, the professional brown-foreigner-shooter
[account deactivated]

MarxUltor posted:

c_man posted:

the thing is will they give up on the idea before or after implementing it and realizing that dissolving the concept of birthright citizenship means each and every single human being in the US needs their status individually litigated

Uhh... buddy.... do you realize you're implying that the United States of Amerikkka would pass up the opportunity to individually litigate the citizenship of everyone in the country?