nt
The truth ain’t in a paper, it’s on the forums. Mods! Bans all around.!
-

Edited by Parenti ()

Mark Ames wrote a pice about it already http://exiledonline.com/the-rally-to-restore-vanity-generation-x-celebrates-its-homeric-struggle-against-lameness/

It’s an anti-rally, a kind of mass concession speech without the speech–some kind of sick funeral party for Liberalism, in which Liberals are led, at last, by a clown. Not a figurative clown, but by a clown–and Liberals are sure that this somehow makes them smarter and less lame–and indeed, they are less lame, because they are not taking themselves too seriously, which is something they’re very, very proud of. All great political struggles and ideological advances, all great human rights achievements were won by clown-led crowds of people who don’t take themselves too seriously, duh!

Please make a good Maoist version though, because it's filled with garbage like this:

3. Anytime anyone says anything libertarian, spit on them. Libertarians are by definition enemies of the state: they are against promoting American citizens’ general welfare and against policies that create a perfect union. Like Communists before them, they are actively subverting the Constitution and the American Dream, and replacing it with a Kleptocratic Nightmare.

Edited by Parenti ()

[account deactivated]
lol if you ever had sanity
didn't citations needed do an episode on it? or am i thinking of michael & us?
anyway i remember at the time being 18 and thinking it was the coolest funniest edgiest thing ever. even for an 18 year old that's pretty fucking ignorant in hindsight. luckily i discovered speed and karl marx when i turned 19.
I remember when I posted something by Young Adam Johnson years and years ago and Superabound replied, Yeah that guy has a blog, keep an eye on him he's going places, and posted the old Citations Needed blog. Now the blog is a podcast, "citation needed" is a different blog making fun of Wikipedia, Superabound is the one honest man on Twitter and I'm still post post posting on the Rhizzone forums. It's like the song says, thirty down at the bottom, thirty more at the top, all invisible set with little ice cube blocks.
holy shit look at the signs these morons were holding

https://www.google.com/search?q=rally+to+restore+sanity+signs&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiP37iAvorfAhVdITQIHWhUC3MQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=654

more at mine twator twitter.com/goatstein

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

that's weird why is it populating that many tweets. edited