shall weeeee
yes
[account deactivated]
fuck it i can't embed. i like actress atm, fucking banging tunes.
actress is fantastic. saw him do a live set once, unforgettable
iannis xenakis post

a Romanian-born, Greek-French composer, music theorist, architect, and engineer ... Xenakis pioneered the use of mathematical models in music such as applications of set theory, stochastic processes and game theory and was also an important influence on the development of electronic and computer music.

Xenakis joined the National Liberation Front early during the war, participating in mass protests and demonstrations, and later becoming part of armed resistance. ... After the Axis forces left, Churchill ordered that British forces step in to help restore the Greek monarchy; they were opposed by the Democratic Army of Greece, and the country plunged into a civil war. In December 1944, during the period of Churchill's martial law, Xenakis (who was by then a member of the communist students' company of the left-wing Lord Byron faction of ELAS) became involved in street fighting against British tanks. He was wounded and facially disfigured when shrapnel from a tank blast hit his cheek and left eye, which was blinded; that Xenakis survived the injury has been described as a miracle.

one of his better-known pieces:

and here's a zoomed-in excerpt of the transition at around 7:43 in the above:

other cool stuff:
the ridiculous hand independence of mists
volume warning if you're wearing headphones, but check out mycenae alpha if you like squiggles

Edited by Constantignoble ()

Constantignoble posted:

volume warning if you're wearing headphones, but check out mycenae alpha if you like squiggles

more like, annoying constant panning warning. this would be great if it wasn't for that. i mean i dont pretend to fully understand his work but i don't see any reason why the audio keeps getting panned back and forth all the way to the left and all the way to the right through the entire fucking thing. seems unrelated to the squiggles and really detracts from the effect of the piece

anyway lets not forget about the greatest experimental artist of our time, Bieber 800% Slower

i heard a decent song on the country music npr station here a little while ago, i don't know who sang it but it had a couple real good zingers about american imperialism

cars posted:

[account deactivated]

post-trap
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
charly bliss is very good
[account deactivated]
i found the charly bliss singer's voice too grating to enjoy, but the overall vibe was definitely 90s in a good way, it reminded me of something like that dog, which i will always have a soft spot for.

lol
[account deactivated]
caesura do you have the deets on all the hottest middle eastern dance music, about all i know is some dabke stuff like omar souleyman which probably isn't actually 'cool' over there
[account deactivated]

Was reminded of this one by Petrol's new avi
the rich kid becomes a junkie
the poor kid, an advertiser
what a tragic waste of potential!
oh, being a junkie's not so good either