what kind of fuck name is Reality Winner

Petrol posted:

It's European and means "Queen of Vienna"

getfiscal posted:

Petrol posted:

It's European and means "Queen of Vienna"

The New York Times violated all of its own supposed standards, which require "anonymous senior officials" to leak stories under the gloss of a Times writer's byline, and published an op-ed today attributed only to an "anonymous senior official" in Trump's administration. This courageous careerist rat has declared themselves part of the anti-Trump Resistance, though they are quick to explain that they are resisting Trump as a right-wing Republican, meaning they are probably making (brave, amazing) whining noises at anything that pisses off the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Not to worry, their sacrifice will be rewarded, as in an amazing coincidence, the writer is "anonymous" to everyone except the people running the one media outlet they need to pump up sales for a future book that will appeal to the sort of "politics junkie" who actually buys the books on the NYT bestseller list, all of which are about Trump. Anonymous Resistance Senior Official: welcome to the Resistance, Hashtag Resistance.
[account deactivated]
*watches from a stone tower* *instrumental version of The Last Rose of Summer plays as i scuttle off to write in a big illuminated book*

cars posted:

cars posted:

a couple big stories out right now where a bunch of people close to trump are complaining that he's unable to stay focused on anything because he keeps flipping out whenever he looks at a TV. there's no real angle to these as leaks but it wouldn't surprise me if they were genuine complainers because he brought a whole bunch of professional shit-talkers and gossips in with him among the set that isn't part of Washington's chosen elite, and over the next few months they're likely to be moved out and more and more of the "managed" types are likely to be brought in to take their places.

White House Defends Removing NSC Official Who Criticized Trump

. . . Deare had been selected for the role by Michael Flynn, who resigned as Trump’s national security adviser on Feb. 13 after the president and vice president lost confidence in his credibility because he misled them about a conversation with a Russian envoy.

Politico first reported Deare’s dismissal. The former Army intelligence officer reportedly criticized Trump and others in the administration during a roundtable discussion at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington last week.

Deare’s targets were said to have included chief strategist Stephen Bannon and senior adviser Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, as well as disarray at the NSC in general.

People are also out there thinking that Bob Woodward's book is gonna take down Trump. Folks, Bob Woodward writes a book about every fucking president, he wrote a damn book about how someone in Carter's White House smoked weed and Jimmy didn't deny it fast enough, but the reason Jimmy Carter got kicked out of the White House is because Ronald Reagan's minders cut a deal with the Ayatollah. You want Trump out of the White House, have your candidate convince Tehran to nuke Israel, that's all I'm saying here.
[account deactivated]
imo the only reason the press keeps on like this is because Trump is such a whiny fussy baby as a person and it's so easy to provoke him into making a meaningless public statement that gets a worthless Washington reporter a few dinners out that week. If this shit were handled through even half the layers of bland bureaucracy that Obama, Bush or Clinton had between themselves and the press, the same journalists would have mostly have given up by now, because they'd be forced to admit the reality of the situation is the same with Trump, where next to nothing they've written about him matters because most people in the country do not know or give a fuck about the workplace drama of anonymous senior officials. As long as the President of the United States can be pushed into freaking out in his posts online, though, they'll all half-convince themselves that they're about to make their career by winning some sort of war for truth, justice and the CIA.
'Cause the troll always wins. You post long enough, never change the stakes, the troll takes you. Unless, when that perfect thread comes along, you post big, and then you take the troll.
First rhizzone poster to trigger a trump tweet gets free dinner all week

cars posted:

The New York Times violated all of its own supposed standards, which require "anonymous senior officials" to leak stories under the gloss of a Times writer's byline, and published an op-ed today attributed only to an "anonymous senior official" in Trump's administration. This courageous careerist rat has declared themselves part of the anti-Trump Resistance, though they are quick to explain that they are resisting Trump as a right-wing Republican, meaning they are probably making (brave, amazing) whining noises at anything that pisses off the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Not to worry, their sacrifice will be rewarded, as in an amazing coincidence, the writer is "anonymous" to everyone except the people running the one media outlet they need to pump up sales for a future book that will appeal to the sort of "politics junkie" who actually buys the books on the NYT bestseller list, all of which are about Trump. Anonymous Resistance Senior Official: welcome to the Resistance, Hashtag Resistance.

There's a conspiracy that it was Pence since the article used the word "lodestar", a big SAT word that pence has used in the past.

personally im leaning to someone whos trying to get a finger pointed at Pence. hes in a pretty perfect position to be doing skullduggery as a VP but i expect hes doing shit with the military or something, not trying to tie his wagon to #Resistance

dimashq posted:

There's a conspiracy that it was Pence since the article used the word "lodestar", a big SAT word that pence has used in the past.

seeding my whistleblower interview with the catchphrases of famous posters to throw off the trail

I saw the headline and opening blurb come up in a news app, thought "this is the most retarded shit I've ever heard", and closed the app.
[account deactivated]
"Hey we're the deep state, we're real and we freakin love the massive military handouts and reprehensible tax cuts, but we're also somehow against the guy you elected, trump, and are trying to thwart him. Alright, have a good one" -The Resistance

Edited by ilmdge ()

ilmdge posted:

"Hey we're the deep state, we're real and we freakin love the massive military handouts and reprehensible tax cuts, but we're also somehow against the guy you elected, trump. Alright, have a good one and are trying to thwart him" -The Resistance

When the writer openly states:
"There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more."

you would think literally nobody would find this tack to be positive let alone heroic - working against the elected president, but still 100% pursuing an agenda anyone who opposes him should find heinous, who does that leave in your corner? - but I'm sure liberals everywhere are fainting at the courage of these steady hands helping steer the nation in this fearsome time

Edited by ilmdge ()

Please don't casually call things you dislike "retarded"
Democrat-style liberals do not care at all what anyone believes as long as they say bad things about a Republican president

swampman posted:

Please don't casually call things you dislike "retarded"

I could nitpick this characterisation of my post but I agree with you in spirit so let's leave it at that.

dimashq posted:

If that's true, it's possible he's even pulling his weight against Trump for the American Enterprise Institute or whatever, since the VP's power in the U.S. is almost completely de facto rather than de jure and corresponds to the lack of control the president has over the rest of the administration, which in Trump's case seems to be a pretty big lack of control.

On the other hand, I feel like the smart move for Pence would be to shut up and keep his head down, as he's the shoo-in Republican presidential candidate for the election following Trump's departure from office, pitching himself as a continuation of Trump's legacy to the rank-and-file and, at the same time, selling his candidacy as a pivot back toward pure anti-protectionist, pro-global-capital "sanity" in front of the old-guard party fundraisers. Plus, on the off chance the Democrats end up with some sort of Sanders-style or fashionably Sanders-lite candidate, Pence's campaign would vacuum up every last dollar on Wall Street. Punching his own ticket in the New York Times would really only make sense if he didn't want to be president and would rather sell a book and show up on TV every now and then, though Pence is a right-wing radio pundit by trade, so who knows, maybe.

must be one of those things like a peace treaty in Korea where the Washington press is so out of touch they think most people in the U.S. won't like it if they read it
do you guys remember the last time the press were hyping an anonymous hero leaking damaging info about the president trump on twitter and it turned out to be a hoax. and now this time an article by an anonymous hero has appeared in the NYT because it is more respectable and comforting for libs than the russia compromised twitter. this one is probably a real member of staff but when the seas will still boil and children will still starve and iran will still get nuked you'd have to be a real sicko to give a shit. you'd have to be a NYT subscriber i guess.
that article's great because it doesn't even pretend there's another agenda for those guys beyond transforming a party of CIA backers into a CIA front
the intel community have a great culture and its wonderful to finally see them becoming involved in politics after having come to this country as immigrants many years ago.

lo posted:

the intel community have a great culture and its wonderful to finally see them becoming involved in politics after having come to this country as immigrants many years ago.

Interesting choice to stylize it as "cybershit" rather than "cyber shit" or " 'cyber' shit"
We all know what he said

mission acomplished., resistanc win o7
have decided to accept the transfer of the mark of Paul Manafort’s sin onto myself, including properties in NY and VA, bank accounts and an insurance policy. Some give all

on the bright side, good to know where fash will be and when

musical scenes were the currents that directed many of the confrontations described in this documentary about 1980's French antifa groups:

wotan klan is for the white children
Someday, I'd like to sit down for a few minutes and write up a big fat list of every liberal since 2016 who was like: Mark Ames and Yasha Levine, did you know those guys ran a newspaper in Moscow until... it got shut down... for some reason...? Anyway, pretty sure they work for Putin...
@45 sec
ah it is United State election time. soon swirlsofhistory will be back around on his commando mission to trick us all into not voting for the Democrat Party, that we otherwise love too vote for.
swirls will be released from ifap as part of hashtag The Storm. lurk Red Kahuna's twitter and watch for my signal.

DEDSKENG:BIPPY%696969
**FAI**LAI**DS