The key to working customer service is sealing your ego away deep inside your brain in a frozen crystal palace, where it sits untouched until the end of the day when you thaw it out with 15 beers
listen to this man. when i worked in customer service i died, and became a vampire
i never have to deal with the general public ever at work and ive p much never had a better working environment
[account deactivated]
work customers are assholes, this town is shit, and then i get home and try to read literally anything online and it's all propaganda for something.

real life

drwhat posted:

work customers are assholes, this town is shit, and then i get home and try to read literally anything online and it's all propaganda for something.

real life

nihilism propaganda right here

My Wife is sick, which is not Very Nice. Spending a lot of time in hospital these past couple of days keeping her company. She should be okay but we dont know how long itll take which is frustrating because I really wanted to do a big effortpost about the puddle downgrade scandal in Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4.
tell her to keep her shrimp on the barbie for us or whatever it is australians use to say get well soon
Good luck to your wife and, of course, let me talk to her.
Thank you for your well wishes, friends. I am home at the moment to catch up on sleep so of course I am drinking beer and watching a crappy movie on tv, specifically The Sum Of All Fears. My favourite bit so far is when the russians bomb the chechen capital with a 'binary nerve agent' called Novichok. I should probably sleep.

Petrol posted:

My Wife is sick, which is not Very Nice. Spending a lot of time in hospital these past couple of days keeping her company. She should be okay but we dont know how long itll take which is frustrating because I really wanted to do a big effortpost about the puddle downgrade scandal in Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4.

dear god: please do not take petrol's wife i will give you mine instead. please

tell her we love her
[account deactivated]
I will be sure to let her know that everyone from the communist forum sends their best wishes.

Petrol posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. As an often ill spouse, I know it's hard for all that weight to suddenly fall on you, especially with a kid in tow. Take care of yourself.

[account deactivated]
immortan's blessings upon ms. guzzoline
Been drinking a lot of water at work, cutting back on sugar. Helps to have a fountain near you. Havent kept up with the workout routine I asked about but it turns out doing the same activity repeatedly makes that activity easier over time, as long as you manage strain. Who'd have thought.
i might buy a scope mount and scope for my sks
in a shocking display of lack of opsec, i stopped into a bar for some cheap eats, ending up getting into a low-key drinking contest with an australian who was thirsty, and i'm not just talking bout drinking. a cute lesbian ended up sitting next to me, so we got to talking and she asked me why i moved here. i mumbled something bout focoism and guevara, and she mentioned she wanted to take advantage of the printer at her work for some postering! so she took my number.
like i said, total lack of opsec.
you should ve carried that printer to her house

JohnBeige posted:

Been drinking a lot of water at work, cutting back on sugar. Helps to have a fountain near you. Havent kept up with the workout routine I asked about but it turns out doing the same activity repeatedly makes that activity easier over time, as long as you manage strain. Who'd have thought.

due to a clerical error, this post was placed in the real life thread rather than the drink yourself to death forum. the rhizzone regrets the error

[account deactivated]
Bought a rifle :) just a .22. gonna correct my aim with lots of range time
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Wife health update: She has been back at home for a few days now and her health is improving but she is not fully recovered. Still receiving IV antibiotics for another week and a half. She is the breadwinner so it's lucky she has a ton of sick leave to cover this (and a sympathetic employer). It also makes me very grateful - not for the first time! - that we have universal healthcare here. It really makes me nauseous to think how this could have played out otherwise.
Got admitted to a psychiatric ward. Guess it's true what they said about Trotskyism
welcome back panopticon. hope you're well. if youd like a relaxing stay in ifap to ease the transition just say.
learning latin

tears posted:

learning latin

I used Wheelock’s Latin for like a month before I became a lazy asshole and stopped but I really wanna start again. Learning ancient languages is cool.

listening to bluegrass & eating a dosa w sambar at the state fair. the goats were disappointing they didn't have any fainting goats when those are like the state goat. it's as if they were to just forget to bring walking horses

nearly neglected to mention the 235lb watermelon

Edited by zhaoyao ()

dimashq posted:

tears posted:

learning latin

I used Wheelock’s Latin for like a month before I became a lazy asshole and stopped but I really wanna start again. Learning ancient languages is cool.

bona est, mea liberi prudentissimus meditatato, or whatever

sovnarkoman, why did you donwvote a post about learning latin?

ialdabaoth posted:

nearly neglected to mention the 235lb watermelon

please don't doxx other posters

tears posted:

sovnarkoman, why did you donwvote a post about learning latin?

latin more like latrine lol owned

sovnarkoman was probated until (Oct. 2, 2018 03:17:57) for this post!

i got taught a little bit of latin as a catholic child, vocabulary was cool and remains useful in my life esp re unfamiliar words in various languages but fuck grammar
when i write things now the kind editor sends them back just covered in red from all my basic punctuation and grammatical errors. somehow completed a masters degree though so yolo.