[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

the place is still called fucking sugar land and the company is called imperial sugar, of course there are dead slaves there. the story reads like some freshman writer wanted to construct an on-the-nose tale of why every industry in the u.s is an insititution to coddle generations of fat settlers and are built on the graves of exploited peoples. they didnt even bother making it sound less like a plantation

wow, fucking owned that person for not knowing slaves happened.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Hmmmm, Thinking face

*points flashlight up at face* "But the fascism was coming from... inside the cop!"
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Sun Products Corporation is proud to be the official sponsor of SLC cop death
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/298213556?t=18m42s

this mindset of trying so hard to justify the cop's actions drives me nuts. with all the videos that have been released you'd think the next logical thought would be "hey, all this terrorizing seems kind of thuggish in nature, maybe the cops are actually organized criminals that have impunity to do whatever they want and therefore feel empowered to push people around" but instead it's just "oh that cop bad"

This virginia cop got arrested for beating a 6-month-old to death. If I had to guess why i'd say he was furious he looked more like a baby than the 6 monthold
[account deactivated]

WHat happens when you try to file a complaint at a police station, a nearly 40 min compilation
i somehow got through that whole thing

love how some of them even act puzzled about the unwillingness to discuss the nature of the complaint. sure i feel at ease sharing sensitive info directly with you, Guy Emitting Jojo-Style ゴゴゴゴ Text

Edited by Constantignoble ()

[account deactivated]
“likely”

dimashq posted:

WHat happens when you try to file a complaint at a police station, a nearly 40 min compilation

Cracker's gonna

congratulations to all the cops (including george clooney) involved in this incident

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/31/vanessa-marquez-er-actor-shot-killed-police
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna907411

Cop accidentally enters wrong apartment, shoots his neighbor
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i can see this easily blowing over since she ofc could have been afraid for her life thinking there was an intruder in her apt even though it wasn't actually hers. accepting at face value as the newspapers are and the courts will that her story is factual
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

this case is so clear cut i think she'll be convicted of something

[account deactivated]
my odds are on her actually going to trial but still getting away with it PLACE YOUR BETS FOLKS
She gets a promotion
joins DSA and becomes the democratic candidate for 2020

shriekingviolet posted:

my odds are on her actually going to trial but still getting away with it PLACE YOUR BETS FOLKS

"i thought the tv remote was a gun"

suspended with pay, quietly put back on the duty roster, promoted, retires at her leisure with full benefits
it helps to remember that if you're a cop who gets away with a crime because you're a cop, especially murder and especially if it all started with a stupid mistake you made, you become an instant hero to your peers. it's one of the main things that attracts people to the job and keeps them there, and it's why a lot of cops in the States would be full-time violent criminals even if they weren't paid to do it.

cars posted:

it helps to remember that if you're a cop who gets away with a crime because you're a cop, especially murder and especially if it all started with a stupid mistake you made, you become an instant hero to your peers. it's one of the main things that attracts people to the job and keeps them there

is this from experience? asking for a friend

well he is a mod after all
The Scalia Law School has a black campus police officer and someone saw the black policeman and called the police to report black man with a gun.

tears posted:

is this from experience? asking for a friend

y-yeah... yeah!!!

sovnarkoman posted:

well he is a mod after all

which reminds me, your bribe is due. two dozen upvotes on my early-stage Assadist posts and you have to get tpaine back.