The opportunity arose by chance, when my father was visiting McCain’s office and was greeted by an aide to the senator, a lovely woman by the name of Patricia. My father – a native Arizonan – asked if I could do some volunteer work in the office, and the aide agreed.

Ah of course, when you just happen to be in attendance for your father's private audience with a United States Senator and Dad just happens to ask, completely unrelated to the quid pro quo being discussed, if they need an intern for the summer,

watching a 3 hours long russian documentary about the prague "spring" lol, what an exciting life

ty karphead
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

i cant tell if that speaks to the precariousness of the american middle class or if its just an out-of-touch view of what poverty is

this isnt the DSA thread pal

Caesura109 posted:

watching breaking bad again. in addition to being racist against hispanics and valorizing cops, the show protrays a 3 person family with a pretty big house and two cars as having a bad go at things. i cant tell if that speaks to the precariousness of the american middle class or if its just an out-of-touch view of what poverty is

maybe its meant to indicate how us medical bills are so extortionate they will utterly fuck even a better-off family

[account deactivated]
television
front-loading drying machine
[account deactivated]
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/breaking-bad-star-dean-norris-tweeted-sex-gifs-2324153
better call saul is great and the superior of the two shows

Caesura109 posted:

the drug dealer he strangles to death in breaking bad has a business owner dad and an masters in business, so apparently it's hispanic proclivities that lead him to deal meth and gangbang or something.

the amount of booj dealers is staggering, the guy who supplied most of my college was a conspiracy theory trot who would forward me WSWS and Stormfront stories unprompted, and his dad was a state-level legislator and a big landowner in the area

breaking bad is pretty tame by now. you should watch 'sicario 2: even sicarier' if you want to dive face first into the fox news multiverse.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the first season of True Detective was a great show about male fragility, unfortunately what i saw of the second season pissed and shat all over that impression
[account deactivated]
I am watching the best piece of tv ever made.

ive been watching youtubes of people run RATs on 'tech support' scammers for maybe 3 hours because im braindead and theyre hilarious
i watch youtube for a couple of hours most days in the kitchen while i wash dishes and cook stuff. my favourite thing lately is the japanese guy who makes functional kitchen knives out of weird stuff like jello or underwear. very creative with the occasional absurd flourish. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIoouZjvzMWlmd4aap97yCLJQdAMWZC02
[account deactivated]
not sure i can enjoy watching a fellow white aussie show off his hobby of pretending to be a noble savage. but, thanks.
[account deactivated]
the end of the world, in 4K

Petrol posted:

not sure i can enjoy watching a fellow white aussie show off his hobby of pretending to be a noble savage. but, thanks.

Challenging yourself in nature and sharing the things you learn with the internet is cool. Not every time a white guy walks outside without sunscreen is imperialist, imo

colddays posted:

Not every time a white guy walks outside without sunscreen is imperialist, imo

Actgually,

colddays posted:

Challenging yourself in nature and sharing the things you learn with the internet is cool. Not every time a white guy walks outside without sunscreen is imperialist, imo

That's fine, but this particular guy is buying stolen land on which to practice his stolen techniques and doesn't even bother with the simple act of acknowledging the traditional owners of either. so it's a hard pass from me.

[account deactivated]
heads up: norm has a new netflix show coming out in a couple of days. basically his youtube/podcast show with a new set. hooray!

Petrol posted:

colddays posted:

That's fine, but this particular guy is buying stolen land on which to practice his stolen techniques and doesn't even bother with the simple act of acknowledging the traditional owners of either. so it's a hard pass from me.

Oh I didn't know he owned the land.

These guys may be on to something.
[account deactivated]
they freeze to death in the winter
i've been watching a lot of sumo lately. it's cool

littlegreenpills posted:

they freeze to death in the winter

if anyone needs me ill be posting over in dytd for a bit

[account deactivated]

I watched this mainly because Crispin Glover put on a nice 3 piece to be on the radio and so I knew he respected my valuable time. Presentation matters kids.
me: Crispin Glover... is Danny Glover's son.
my girlfriend, weeping quietly: This is my dad's funeral. My father is dead
me: And Donald Glover is, in turn, the proud issue of Crispin.