i know next to nothing about south africa but it seems relevant to this forum considering the big READ SETTLERS thread etc., and how often it becomes a talking point for the right

read a news story today that said there is "no attacking of white farmers, there is no white genocide happening" and as a white settler* i am extremely disappointed

* descendant of peasants forced off their farms by violence and put onto boats to be peasants for the empire somewhere else**
** this is a joking reference to my own ancestry which is not the same as white south africans and to be clear i think white south african land owners should be completely dispossessed

Edited by drwhat ()

yea what the hel you got to do to ppl to make them genocide you already. this is getting ridiculous
apparently this is all because Obama went to SA and mumbled some obsequious platitudes about Ramaphosa and Mandela lol. motherfucker would've absolutely been the first to 'voice his concerns' if any actual land reform went through, anyway his 'admiration' with Ramaphosa and the ANC probably has to do with the fact that they're evenly matched in their ability to enact symbolic changes to placate mounting class pressure

Edited by neckwattle ()

that feeling when South Africa kills more black proletarians during strikes than they do white landlords.