mistakes were made, swampman.
credit rating agencies are warning that Cape Town is at a risk of a downgrade due to the water shortage.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/business/221895/south-africa-at-risk-of-credit-downgrade-due-to-cape-town-drought-report/

This has to be a perfect example of the hellish world we're about to enter. We're casually suggesting that a developed nation should be economically punished because they're running out of water.
capitalism's response to climate change crisis is.... punitive
And this is a state that capital has an amicable relationship with. Lesser nations are going to be ignored, deserted, and isolated without second thought.

who killed the world?
[account deactivated]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/02/21/arctic-temperatures-soar-45-degrees-above-normal-flooded-by-extremely-mild-air-on-all-sides/?__twitter_impression=true

Arctic temperatures soar 45 degrees above normal, flooded by extremely mild air on all sides

While the Eastern United States simmered in some of its warmest February weather ever recorded Tuesday and Wednesday, the Arctic is also stewing in temperatures more than 45 degrees above normal. This latest huge temperature spike in the Arctic is another striking indicator of its rapidly transforming climate.

On Monday and Tuesday, the northernmost weather station in the world, Cape Morris Jesup at the northern tip of Greenland, experienced more than 24 hours of temperatures above freezing according to the Danish Meteorological Institute.

“How weird is that?” tweeted Robert Rohde, a physicist and lead scientist at Berkeley Earth, a non-profit organization that conducts analyses of the Earth’s temperature. “Well it’s Arctic winter. The sun set in October and won’t be seen again until March. Perpetual night, but still above freezing.”
Something Mysterious Is Killing Captive Gorillas

short version: we fed a wild animal a "compressed biscuit" for decades that slowly turned its heart into shoe leather

oh and

a behavior called regurgitation and re-ingestion, in which animals intentionally bring up their food and eat it a second time. The behavior has never been recorded in wild gorillas, but it’s well documented in humans with developmental disorders—and in some two-thirds of captive gorillas.

huh that's funny, 2/3 of these animals in our zoo throw up every day and eat the vomit & none of them do that in the wild. Probably fine
dont kinkshame

tears posted:

who killed the world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEcnWyN4KYM

The noble Orca is a model for us all.
ive noticed reently that whenevery you search for "climate news" or variants thereof u get websites like InsideClimate nMew amd Climate Central whicch push a view of climate change which is pretty devoid from what is actually going on. it wouldnt suprise me if you could trace the funding back to oil and gas industry lobbys. i mean the content is very much

"7 States Urge Pipeline Regulators to Pay Attention to Climate Change"

and

"Carbon Tax and the Art of the Deal: Time for Some Horse-Trading"

with the occasional article talking about how coal is bad; (easy to turn on the sick person of the fossile fuel lobby)

so on a whim i did a simple whois search and insideclimatenews.org lists registrant organisation as "lost light projects" and then obviously just a simple google will show you thats part of the rockafell brothers fund, so yeah, why isnt that news, can i get some journalists here please
inside climate mew
climatemew forget its password and now the earth will burn
its hot
there is a smoke haze covering the city from the eternal fires burning on the other side of the mountains. casting everything in a soft golden light. it's beautiful. also people can't breathe. but so beautiful
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

oss of 15% of arable land translates to 15% loss in the human population

what

[account deactivated]
what is cf
[account deactivated]
i dont really understand how your conclusion follows from that graph, although maybe im just not understanding the graph
[account deactivated]
ok, but i still don't understand how you got 'loss of 15% of arable land translates to 15% loss in the human population' from that graph.
If the first world can make a plan to alter the atmosphere to genocide the third world over 200 years wouldn't they see that it would kill them too in the end? And even if they could somehow stop it from destroying their own land, why would they kill billions in the third world by making their land uninhabitable if the goal is to then inhabit that land?
the argument toyotathon is making is deliberately specious as a way of highlighting how silly the victims of communism killcount math is when you understand the methodology. one way to argue with it would be to question whether its a valid comparison but disputing the internal logic is kind of missing the point
at least i think thats what this is i may have mixed up my threads again
15% of teh lulz are for epic win -seanbaby
tampons
[account deactivated]
yes but i don't see where that figure is located in the graph, i understand that you're claiming that the increase in global temperatures will negatively affect agricultural production in the third world while actually having a somewhat positive effect on agricultural production in the first world. but where does the population loss figure come from?
for every Buckets Of Jack Daniels Ribs you don't eat,

Headline: ______, because why not?

[account deactivated]
JackRib is back
I'm going to miss bananas, OP
are the buckets filled with jack daniel's ribs suitible for long term storage?
as a big fan of wall street, i will miss owning stocks. alas, it seems that for a while they will be owning theirselves.