hey goatstein Loss just got changed, here's the last panel on the official site now

The Church of England is offering worshippers the chance to use voice-activated virtual assistants to pray.

People can ask Amazon's Alexa device to read a prayer of the day, the Ten Commandments or the Lord's Prayer or to recite grace before a meal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44233053

Edited by Gssh ()

Morning Prayer with Scott, Behr, and Alexa

Gssh posted:

The Church of England is offering worshippers the chance to use voice-activated virtual assistants to pray.

People can ask Amazon's Alexa device to read a prayer of the day, the Ten Commandments or the Lord's Prayer or to recite grace before a meal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44233053

hello everyone good morning, let us pray brought to you by amazon alexa. you can pray at home by bringing alexa into your house just go to amazon dot co dot uk slash alexa. amazon alexa. our father who art in heaven,

cyberpunk was right

drwhat posted:

cyberpunk was right

im imagining a data visualisation that attempts to show a complex representation of class by plotting like everyone in a big graph, it would have multiple axes like one would be revenue stream derivation (via wage, via profit, via rent),and another would be income and maybe the z-axis would be some sort of “index of imperialism” of the state you reside in, kinda like tOny norfields index of power and maybe some way like colour changes to show what proportion of your labour is directly coerced as opposed to sold (I have no idea how you would even try and measure this), some way to show immigration status i.e. a sanctioned or unsanctioned labourer where you are living&working, and i think for fun how many guns you own. Then you can zoom in and see the occupations of the clusters, and perhaps it could have some sort of auto-update feature, do you think maybe if i made this it would gain sentience?

tears posted:

do you think maybe if i made this it would gain sentience?

yes then it would start making jokes like adding a million billion dollars toa janitors paycheck before becoming chairmachine of the revolution

‘‘We advise that sexbots shouldn’t be used in medical practice,’’ Cox-George said, ‘‘at least not unless that forms part of robust and ethical research.’’
[account deactivated]
i keep thinking of that thing and laughing. it's like fox news wrote a worshipful story about the killer zipline

toyotathon posted:

tears posted:

good luck this will take forever

i wasnt joking about the sentience part

School shootings 2: This cannon fires an additional kind of unbelievable ammo to blast through walls and help rescue up to 128 victims
DWIGHT: where is my desk
GEORGE JETSON: Jim said to tell you This cannon fires unbelievable ammo to blast through walls and help rescue victims. And your desk is on the roof
DWIGHT: Unacceptable. Active defense measures are under my complete control.
TIM: *knocks Kevin thru the wall with water bottle* Hau hau hau hau hauuuu
Even I worked up a couple "tim allen italian" tweets. Inspirational genre, matured for the plucking.
amazon web services is going to become sentient
how does say youtube determine the veiwcount? is it even real?
labor theory of viewcount
viewcounts are mudcakes. where's the metric that tells you the use value of an anime music video
it's over 9000

ialdabaoth posted:

viewcounts are mudcakes. where's the metric that tells you the use value of an anime music video

you could work that out from the actual viewcount, if u were a big computer

tears posted:

amazon web services is going to become sentient

except its bezos instead. and he keeps the keys to himself. and his superpower is being able to fail upward over a tall building in a single bound.

karphead posted:

his superpower is being able to fail upward over a tall building in a single bound.

tears posted:

you could work that out from the actual viewcount, if u were a big computer

I am a big computer.

[account deactivated]
a lot to unpack for microsoft's emoji guy 2015-2018
holy rearranging deck chairs batman

toyotathon posted:

Apple ahead of the game in combatting school shootings and inner city violence

looking forward to a tranquil 2019
they've all upraded their regular guns to ray guns; worrying indeed
The face book never has a good human reaction to stories like this, does it. The statement is never "this is disturbing and unacceptable, we are working to ensure nazis have no platform on the face book and we are also providing resources to assist the refugees who have suffered or been threatened by these acts". Nope its a statement so vague it could be taken to mean "a 50 percent increase in violence per standard deviation is a good start but we can do more to help destroy the undesirables"
To be fair, what are they gonna say? Most peoples profiles are visible even to those without an account, and th isnt gonna push user privacy cuz it would impact their blanket collection of user data, impacting today's sale of that data to advertisers and tomorrows soft-merger into the state apparatus.
Yes obviously, my point is that their priorities - and by extension the priorities of their investors - are thrown into stark relief by their response to these kinds of situations.
I wonder if it's anything filterable, though. Like sure you can identify and screen out people saying "aaaahh kill all muslims" but there's lots of much more insidious fuckery going on isn't there

Now I want to see the numbers connected to twitter, SA, and tHE rHizzonE
absolutely everything on Facebook is filterable, by destroying Facebook

drwhat posted:

I wonder if it's anything filterable, though. Like sure you can identify and screen out people saying "aaaahh kill all muslims" but there's lots of much more insidious fuckery going on isn't there

i don't think it's rocket science. draw a line in the sand and say you won't tolerate nazis using facebook as a platform to organise and spread propaganda, and dedicate resources to the problem. have a dedicated team of humans dealing with reports and following leads to make sure pages and groups are shut down and ringleaders banned. but such a strategy clearly has no place in facebook's business plan.