With this one fine druq you can get a spliff, a midrange diazepam hit, and a couple of espresso shots all at once from an evergreen plant which can be grown in Florida. I think that this is a good drug and I support my use of it.
kratom is a strange one, quite a few poorly understood alkaloids hitting not just opiod receptor but noradrenergic and serotonergic pathwasys also. too many potentially bad interactions for my liking. like theres been numerous reports of seizures in combination with modafinil, but no real understanding of why.
Drugs are bad for you to take
no thanks I’m already high on life
i'm high on (borat voice) my wife

Gssh posted:

kratom is a strange one, quite a few poorly understood alkaloids hitting not just opiod receptor but noradrenergic and serotonergic pathwasys also. too many potentially bad interactions for my liking. like theres been numerous reports of seizures in combination with modafinil, but no real understanding of why.

one explanation is that several batches were shown to contain O-desmethyl tramadol (added because it has an effect profile similar to kratom alkaloids (including norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibition)) which like tramadol probably lowers the seizure treshold (unlike kratom alkaloids and most opiates)

ah that makes sense. shit like that makes me glad i gave up the internet drug hobby years ago.

Edited by Gssh ()

kratom is the only way to wring any enjoyment out of videogames, which is why it must stopped at all costs
it's from a fucking video game. dark souls ogre with a spiked ball on a chain name ass drug
kratom fucks my stomach up and also has terrible withdrawal symptoms
Kratom? I hardly know him!
i want to try it so bad
me 2
I started taking Kratom a week ago for my anxiety. It's a godsend at times and other times it's useless.

It's really hard to tell if and when it's working and hard to figure out a dose.

The internet Kratom community is filled with conflicting evidence. Some people claim different strains give you completely different effects, some people claim smaller doses are more intense than larger ones. I saw one guy claiming anxiety is caused by poor-functioning kidneys...

I was really excited that I had found something other than a Benzo or an antidepressant to help with my anxiety but now I'm afraid this confusing ass plant is going to be impossible to use safely and effectively.
OP last logged on a day after this thread was posted ~6 months ago, meaning they were either cured or they died. possible RIP
kratom is kind of a booming cottage industry in chicago right now. i tried it briefly last year but eventually lost my taste for bad chai dirt, even though the physical effects made cruising through a work day effortless. It also has a very :( side effect of making you extremely constipated when you take too much. I haven't known anyone who's actually gotten sick from it but then again everyone I know who buys it gets it from a pretty reputable source.
it seems like its becoming more popular every day and i had not heard the name until almost two years ago.

a) where did it come from, in the west? does its popularity have anything to do with the opioid crisis?
b) who the fuck decided it was a good idea to chug ass powder
a lot of people who would otherwise use heroin seem to be buying/using it in my area, a development that is probably good for them imo

winebaby posted:

a lot of people who would otherwise use heroin seem to be buying/using it in my area, a development that is probably good for them imo

winebaby posted:

they're gonna ban it