[account deactivated]
rhizzone stuff makes me more hopeful because i read people on twitter all day investing all their hopes into reformism and if i didn't think there were ML/whatever alternatives actually out there in the world then i would feel more malaise than i do.
Idk why people post or don’t post here. This milieu is like a part of my brain now so I can’t evaluate it’s usefulness in an objective way at all.

cars posted:

I wonder if most of the people who feel overall good about the organized political work they’ve done (besides me) just quit this place instantly (besides me) or avoid the site entirely once they take a look at it, because it’s like I’m visiting another planet here every time that conversation comes up on this forum vs. my own experience. It makes this forum fucking miserable to read sometimes but it’s probably because everyone else here has these incredibly embittering and exciting horror stories and my shit is like, when I was an anarchoteen I had to use consensus. Pretty boring.

its not that hard to create your own incredibly embittering and exciting horror stories. pm me if u need tips & tricks

stegosaurus posted:

Idk why people post or don’t post here. This milieu is like a part of my brain now so I can’t evaluate it’s usefulness in an objective way at all.

every time i hear one of my comrades say "read settlers" half-seriously i laugh sagely, a twinkle appears in my eyes and slowly fades

that twinkle is the rhizzone. and that's why i can't stop posting

stegosaurus posted:

Idk why people post or don’t post here.

Its the only place they have a chance to post with me, swampman. I don't know why they don't post here though.

Edited by swampman ()

The other big problem with american left at the moment, that nobody here is addressing. Ppl need to fuckin speak up. Learn to yell; go home and practice your loud voice. For fucks sake. Some meetings there would be a megaphone passed around and the chronically quiet people would take the megaphone and still not speak into it correctly, kinda gazing into it like a crystal ball while mumbling way above the receiver.... I have no sympathy

swampman posted:

The other big problem with american left at the moment, that nobody here is addressing. Ppl need to fuckin speak up. Learn to yell; go home and practice your loud voice. For fucks sake. Some meetings there would be a megaphone passed around and the chronically quiet people would take the megaphone and still not speak into it correctly, kinda gazing into it like a crystal ball while mumbling way above the receiver.... I have no sympathy

hmm sounds very counterproductive of installing the dictatorship of the proloudtariat

from each according to their ability, to each according to how loud they can yell

swampman posted:

also ppl (incl/esp/maybe just me idk) need to learn to speak up, about counterproductive/destructive behavior within organizations at the time it becomes a problem instead of hoping folks will just realize ontheir own. i read combat liberalism a long time ago and i historicaly done a bad job putting it into practice in a direct or effective fashion.

Caesura109 posted:

this stuff is pretty enlightening, organizing in the states seems to have endless pitfalls, reading about the lib takeover of occupy ice is kinda crushing

well, you just gotta walk into stuff like that with your eyes open and adjust your expectations. when you go into a disorganized mixed camp like that, something like what happened in swampman's post is almost guaranteed to be the preordained end point. but that doesn't mean stuff of value can't be done in the meantime: people are still accomplishing some obstruction of ICE goons, building connections, learning skills, sharing knowledge. it's not all in vain

getfiscal posted:

rhizzone stuff makes me more hopeful because i read people on twitter all day investing all their hopes into reformism and if i didn't think there were ML/whatever alternatives actually out there in the world then i would feel more malaise than i do.

they paved Laissez’s Faire and put up a parking lot

swampman posted:

amazing you found a situation where the problem is americans don't talk loud enough

swampman posted:

i got into a few shouting matches down in d.c. once and they're really fun, time of my life. people do need to get better at public speaking, i know yelling isn't what you're talking about. in line with that, people shouldn't be afraid of saying what they believe. i just say what i believe, and it's fine. i said something about lenin recently and someone said 'everyone's favorite genocidal dictator' but it was just fine, you just tell them why they're wrong

Parenti posted:

i said something about lenin recently and someone said 'everyone's favorite genocidal dictator' but it was just fine, you just tell them why they're wrong

"okay. first, you mean stalin. second, stalin did nothing wrong,"

*runs hand through tha posts like Gladiator touching grain* they say Twitter is much like this valley... but there are wuwips there, and pissles the year round, and a timeline as long as the finger can scroll.......
https://rhizzone.net/forum/9/

marimite posted:

yes but as shitty as that is it was overturned