the guns are removed from the lobby tho, thanks liberals
Someone lmk when the rhizzone decides on the waiting in matchmaking lobby political line
not marxist and consistently erases class

thirdplace posted:

it also does the thing that every other paradox game does where you can only declare wars for particular reasons and if you don't have that particular reason you can't do it, which is possibly even more ridiculous when applied to space aliens than when it is applied to various historical periods.

the entire development studio is a spook for the idea that international law is a meaningful check on state aggression

Yeah I thought the same

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4jzaqn/the_alien_worlds_and_races_are_not_very_alien/

the rhizzone is a simulation where we get points added or taken away for posting but nobody asks the existential questions surrounding that! *proceeds to run around in the forum, holding my W key and SHIFT while pretending to read ur posts*
i have recently acquired a Play Station and would like to share my early impressions with you, of the game's i have tried.

ni no kuni 2: this is the one i was most excited about and also the biggest let down. it has the lovely ghibli aesthetic i wanted but the game itself is not engaging. its almost like this video game was made for children. i will probably pick it up occasionalky and play some more though because it has charming moments.

yakuza 0: this is the other one i really looked forward to even though i didnt know a lot about it. its been a big surprise though, how much i really enjoy it. i have put the most time into this so far. the side quests and mini games are the real attraction here. the quality of the translation is top notch also and i think thats a big factor in making the game enjoyable.

no mans sky: what the hell is this, i died very quickly. i will have to learn what in a heck to do and report back.

gravity rush: i really like the art style and the mechanics of this game. its fun to jump and fly around in such a strange way. i have misgivings about the way the main character is presented but its nothing malicious so im willing to look past that to enjoy a unique kind of game.

those are my thoughts, on the video games. thanks for reading my video game post.
apparently the sequel to a game i loved back in the day is out, so i got la-mulana 2. wandering around for several hours trying to figure out obtuse puzzles, screwing up, and having to start over repeatedly, only to find after finally solving something that the only thing i've accomplished is find a new way to get back to where i started. and the entire environment is booby trapped to set you up for humiliating failure.

a great allegory for political work.
no mans sky is bad, it's the pet project of a rich kid who grew up on a helicopter-you-in-huge gold mine estate in australia. he went on tour telling lies about his garbage so he could collect millions for delivering broken shit. he is the elon musk of video games.
anyway, play persona 5. i only got 10 or 15 hours in before the jrpg grind killed my interest but the consistent messages of fuck the police etc are top notch. good stuff for the kids in your life

Panopticon posted:

thirdplace posted:

it also does the thing that every other paradox game does where you can only declare wars for particular reasons and if you don't have that particular reason you can't do it, which is possibly even more ridiculous when applied to space aliens than when it is applied to various historical periods.

the entire development studio is a spook for the idea that international law is a meaningful check on state aggression

Yeah I thought the same

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/4jzaqn/the_alien_worlds_and_races_are_not_very_alien/

some of that was mitigated at little by updates--they added hive minds and machine intelligence, borders are handled on a star-by-star basis with space stations on each star--but otherwise i concur. its a fun map painting game for a while but it is very shallow

it also paints a vision of a galaxy where chattel slavery is really common so thats weird and un-posadist

Edited by thirdplace ()

cars posted:

idk this stuff sort of interests me ever since employers decided that making everything into a social media badge-earning game was a good idea

have u ever looked at twitch cars?, because that is exactly the buisiness model - in a way its kinda cool that amazon (who own twitch) managed to monetize playing video games by creating a sweating system for it based on online tips;

drwhat posted:

no mans sky is bad, it's the pet project of a rich kid who grew up on a helicopter-you-in-huge gold mine estate in australia. he went on tour telling lies about his garbage so he could collect millions for delivering broken shit. he is the elon musk of video games.

i bought it on sale after some major update they just did and i think its p cool though somewhat grindy. i was never exposed to any lies or other information that would create expectations on my part though. the helicopter-you-in gold mine thing makes a lot of sense though

Petrol posted:

its almost like ... video game was made for children

theyre not

drwhat posted:

no mans sky is bad, it's the pet project of...the elon musk of video games.

i picked it up super cheap second hand so that guy isnt getting any of my money, fwiw. i got it cos a irl friend recommended it and the idea of occasionally being able to join a game with him and hang out together on weird looking planets and chill.

drwhat posted:

anyway, play persona 5. i only got 10 or 15 hours in before the jrpg grind killed my interest but the consistent messages of fuck the police etc are top notch. good stuff for the kids in your life

yeah i plan to give it a go when i find a cheap copy. i will probably not get much further into than you though, i put a few hours into p3p a while back and although i liked it i didnt want to sink more time into something so grindy

ialdabaoth posted:

i bought it on sale after some major update they just did and i think its p cool though somewhat grindy.

apparently it is better now that they rewrote a bunch of things. i didn't play it i just followed the news because i'm very interested by fictional universes and procedural generation. the guy is super slimey

i would appreciate a game mode where yr a sentinel and you have to fry space miners while sparing folks who are just chilling
octopath traveler is gorgeous

graphicalUSSRinterface posted:

octopath traveler is gorgeous

yeah but the gameplay and dialogue is ass. thank god it had a demo

I bought no man's sky shortly after release, which I basically never do, and while I played it for dozens of hours and enjoyed it, I still am angry at that guy for his Lies. it is a really nice looking game though and fun to play when you are high on marijuana
no mans sky is just the logical endpoint of every bethesda game. if it were released 5 years from now it would be hailed as the greatest game of all time
like every time i think i understand twitch i uncover a whole new level of wierd, what is going on here, someone pleasew help me; i think im going mad
no mans sky update: a couple of hours ago i switched on my ps4 and saw that my aforementioned buddy was online and playing nms, so i started up voice chat and joined his game. now i am going to bed a couple hours later than i intended to, totally sold on this game. flying around space and hanging out on weird planets with a mate while talking shit is really fun and cool. even without weed (which would absolutely enhance the experience though)
Thank goodness Riot made removed every shred of math and every semblance of depth from their runes system, thus liberating me from all desire to play League. Videogames as a concept are way more of a rabbit hole than people give them credit for; the entire reason that a decade and a half of arcade games were about shooting planes is that's what all the systems engineering their component parts were built upon on were originally designed to do. Yes, they probably are just pernicious brain poison in the end, but the logical end point of most arguments against them in the past eventually seemed to degenerate into some scolding shade of "well why don't you learn a language/do labor organizing/cure cancer in your spare time." The advertising paradigms & behavioral surveillance patterns now being baked into them may be changing that, I don't pay enough attention to such things to really know.

It's still bullshit that Konami wouldn't greenlight the Kojima/del Toro Silent Hill reboot, tho.
thats why im watching so much video game

kamelred posted:

no mans sky is just the logical endpoint of every bethesda game. if it were released 5 years from now it would be hailed as the greatest game of all time

pffft

its a p good game imho but its no sid meier's alpha centauri
alpha centauri, the game for alpha gamer stallions
what do you get when you cross a thoroughbred human with a centaur?

a quarter horse
[account deactivated]

tears posted:

have u ever looked at twitch cars?

Sounds dangerous... me gusta.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
honestly though tears, most of what i know about the monetization of Something Awful forums innovation “Let’s Play” comes from one YouTuber’s video about his odyssey through corporate sponsorship and the perils of honoring the letter of contracts while defying the pressure to kiss sponsors’ asses (pro-click zone ahead)

exhibit Q you say

toyotathon posted:

my builder ass would get rocked in a proper play-by-email tho. i restart if miriam invades before i get 6-1 needlejets. life's short, who wants to deal with that

i don't think ive gotten v much higher than 500% with deirdre but usually i get low scores. if i drag the game out to make pretty parkland paradises the game tends to bug out and crash. playing games sposed to be a chill time not a stress time and u know what really stresses me out. bases close enough to mine to launch missiles at me

tears posted:

whats the deal with that bit at the beginning of a pubg match where everyones appears in a big group and then just kinda runs everywhere until they magically appear in a plane?

Thats the realistic military sim

Edited by neckwattle ()

Video games are for children.