played a bit of video game and wow why are they all so violent? these things are NOT for children
i've been watching various streamers play Detroit: Become Human

the idea that human-like androids could take over significant parts of society (including cops and the military) to cause 37% human unemployment before android abolitionist laws or a revolution happened in the US is pretty laughable. in the game they show barely any homeless people or protests. if this were real life there would be so many homeless people you'd have to use a canoe just to get through the streets
fifa 18 got massively discounted for switch so i picked it up not having really played fifa before and as a fan of foot's ball i have to say its fun. i like being able to play as my local spoarts team and thrash our rivals albeit on beginner mode because i am bad at beido gam

Petrol posted:

fifa 18 got massively discounted for switch so i picked it up not having really played fifa before and as a fan of foot's ball i have to say its fun. i like being able to play as my local spoarts team and thrash our rivals albeit on beginner mode because i am bad at beido gam

Yea but what if those football players were androids

Any other fans of Obisidian Entertainment want to have a read of Chris Avellone talking about the fucked up employment and ownership shit that went on there?

https://techraptor.net/content/chris-avellone-talks-departure-obsidian-entertainment

damoj posted:

Any other fans of Obisidian Entertainment want to have a read of Chris AveOllone talking about the fucked up employment and ownership shit that went on there?

https://techraptor.net/content/chris-avellone-talks-departure-obsidian-entertainment

99% of this is impossible for me to care about since it's a capitalist whining about being "de-ownered", but i appreciate another example of someone trying to hire their own minor-age children at their privately-owned business because an accountant tipped off the parent that they're allowed to deduct their kids' paychecks on their taxes

cars posted:

99% of this is impossible for me to care about since it's a capitalist whining about being "de-ownered"

it is imperative to crush the bourgeois revisionism of "worker's self-management" in any way one can... under contemporary conditions our task is analysing the californian game developer and his fucked up 401K situation

nobody deserves money for making video games
a bunch of LoL players started commenting on one of my speedcore uploads on youtube and i was doing some investigation
put this on your anime speedcore channel

post some epic, up in this piece
this thread is now a
handling myself emotionally whilst gaming like a boss, calm gamers squad
there is a free demo of mario tennis aces this weekend in the form of an online tournament and that means i get to enjoy the stress of having my arse kicked by a bunch of kids. i hate online gaming
i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

[account deactivated]

Russian Campaign is the fourth and last campaign of Empire Earth. It is based on the fictional country Novaya Russia, and set in the near future. It is made of six scenarios and is generally considered the hardest campaign in the game. During the campaign gameplay you switch through many ages: Modern Age, Digital Age and Nano Age.

The offical description of the campaign is: *"Following the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s, the proud state of Russia struggled to find its place in the new world order. But after 25 years little forward progress was made. Now, street-wise young man named Grigor Illyanich Stoyanovich is promising to return Russia to its rightful place as a powerful and respected nation. In his heart burns the ambition to build the greatest empire ever seen on Earth."

does anyone else remember a game called freedom for the apple iie where you were a slave in the south trying to escape? idk why it wasn't more popular than the oregon trail
i volunteer my services after the revolution to make sure that e3 never happens again

TG posted:

does anyone else remember a game called freedom for the apple iie where you were a slave in the south trying to escape? idk why it wasn't more popular than the oregon trail

*meekly* i think i might know

kamelred posted:

TG posted:

*meekly* i think i might know

I think I may have cracked the code:

In 1993, a group of offended parents sued a school which had provided the game to students and MECC, the developer. The game was pulled off the market as a result.

a

remembering how the Warcraft 2 level editor let you tamper with the stats of units & i created a peasants’ rebellion mission followed by a race to fortify your position against the imminent foreign-backed white army invasion

TG posted:

In 1993, a group of offended parents sued a school which had provided the game to students and MECC, the developer. The game was pulled off the market as a result.

this is a good article about how MECC grew as a wildly successful and admired state agency developing educational and easily-distributable software, was privatized in the early nineties, made a few hundred million bucks for investors, then was shuttered before the decade was over

i just picked up a 3rd party VGA cable so i'll probably play through Shenmue again soon. need more games where forklift drivers have a friendly race before starting the day's toil
miriam always build all these shitty little bases in crap locations and terraforms like garbage, then fills them up w useless cannonfodder troops that serve no purpose but to trigger gamecrashing bugs that firaxis never bother fixing

ofc the nature of this linked unit bug is such that it only happens late game after you've already dedicated beaucoup time and effort into it

Edited by zhaoyao ()

toutvabien posted:

need more games where forklift drivers have a friendly race before starting the day's toil

not quite what you're looking for but i rmemeber having fun with power shovel. theres a cool level where u help turtles by scooping them into a pond or something

ialdabaoth posted:

miriam always build all these shitty little bases in crap locations and terraforms like garbage, then fills them up w useless cannonfodder troops that serve no purpose but to trigger gamecrashing bugs that firaxis never bother fixing

ofc the nature of this linked unit bug is such that it only happens late game after you've already dedicated beaucoup time and effort into it

you might be interested in https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4-planetfall-mod.278/ it's not exactly the same game but it's a good adaptation. miriam is still a wretched hag for example

ive been playing mary skelter which is a really bad idea factory dungeon crawler but itsa fun and i can pick it up and play for like 5min when im feeloing nervous so im probably going to finish it
the ps vita bubble menu is also calming , as is watching yuru camp
the goddamn icons for ps1 and psp games dont fit into the goddamn bubbles
its infuriating

Petrol posted:

toutvabien posted:

need more games where forklift drivers have a friendly race before starting the day's toil

not quite what you're looking for but i rmemeber having fun with power shovel. theres a cool level where u help turtles by scooping them into a pond or something

i had never heard of this, and will definitely try it out soon

kamelred posted:

the goddamn icons for ps1 and psp games dont fit into the goddamn bubbles

good

i’ll fit you into a bubble!!! *thought bubble emerges over my head & its you and me relaxing w/ cold lemonades on a yacht*
detroit: become human is good. i broke my vow of non-gaming to play it with my SO and I fully accept the consequences of both transgressions, but i must report that, in fact, detroit: become human is good. shaun me if you must. come the fuck down here and ban me. i can take it. detroit: become human is good. im not trolling, btw
well good thing im browsing the forum on my ps4 let me just start playing that game