the vault door is clearly open. what use is a key
its the presidents key. its for the president to hold.

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

my aunt's family are fundamentalist christians who live by torah law plus a bunch of their own made up Authentic Jewish Secret Biblical Law for bonus Piety Points, they belong to a whole community of people for whom vanilla prairie hyperchristianity isn't hardcore enough and it is pretty batshit. they all live in isolated rural locations, homeschool together, avoid letting their kids associate with children who aren't in the cult, good times, super healthy, I worry about them a lot.

the best part is they are of course also paranoid of being forced to live under sharia law, unaware that it is more lax than what they voluntarily do to themselves already

yourn aunt sounds hot
david brooks is bisexual culture
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
it's not an uncommon belief. in particular, it's mormon canon:

76 And again I say unto you, those who have been scattered by their enemies, it is my will that they should continue to importune for redress, and redemption, by the hands of those who are placed as rulers and are in authority over you—

77 According to the laws and a constitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the brights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles;

78 That every man may act in doctrine and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral agency which I have given unto him, that every man may be accountable for his own sins in the day of judgment.

79 Therefore, it is not right that any man should be in bondage one to another.

80 And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood.

Caesura109 posted:

Are American protestants so deluded that they believe their constitution for their particular nation is on par with gods word or something

do you think it might be wise to do some basic research before asking all these questions

[account deactivated]
jon mcnaugton doesnt even have a wikipedia page, thats like super rude, hes famous
also like it is fricking disrespectful to post jon mcnaugtons one nation under god in like wtf is that, 400x300 maybe, like that thing is so cool

[account deactivated]

a device used to persuade or subtly influence the audience.

I don’t feel comfortable being subtly influenced

Caesura109 posted:

Are American protestants so deluded that they believe their constitution for their particular nation is on par with gods word or something

yes

cars posted:

Caesura109 posted:

yes

ialdabaoth posted:

it's not an uncommon belief. in particular, it's mormon canon

A man in the lower-left corner of the painting is holding a copy of The Five Thousand Year Leap, an enormously popular book by a Mormon John Birch-ite that makes the case for just that, the divine inspiration of the Amerikan constitution. I recommend you check it out Caesura, it’s a bizarre and fascinating little work.

i subtly persuaded or influenced my coworker to pass me the salt via the open question, "hey where that salt shaker go?"
[account deactivated]
No, no las abejas!! Estan en mis ojos! MIS OJOS!! BLWAAHAAA
In my experience if you really want to get to American fundamentalist protestants is to tell them you're catholic.

Caesura109 posted:

The X-Files Movie Except Every Alien Has Been Replaced With A “Sonic Attack” On A U.S. Facility

i will never pass up an opportunity to bring up how the novel series based on the computer game DOOM is, bafflingly, a Welsh author’s saga about a Roman Catholic’s simultaneous encounter with Mormons, who survived Hell on earth because they’d prepared themselves to defend the divine United States in the last days, and Jehovah’s Witnesses, who survived it because they believed every single worldly government belonged to the Devil already

cars posted:

i will never pass up an opportunity to bring up how the novel series based on the computer game DOOM is, bafflingly, a Welsh author’s saga about a Roman Catholic’s simultaneous encounter with Mormons, who survived Hell on earth because they’d prepared themselves to defend the divine United States in the last days, and Jehovah’s Witnesses, who survived it because they believed every single worldly government belonged to the Devil already

if you have a chance to write a book, you write it

it reminds me of how James Blish, who wrote good books with similar themes that everyone should read, made most of his money from licensed short-fiction prose adaptations of old Star Trek episodes. by the last couple years before he died it was probably his wife writing them under his name. squeeze the bastards for everything you can imo
at some point long before i got an account someone on this board used this in an argument (context eludes me now) and to this day it's maybe the funniest single pic i've ever seen

good visual storytelling

Edited by Constantignoble ()

hot damn Ive used that pic before and have it saved somewhere but havent been able to find it lately. HEll yea
heck yes, from me, as well
[account deactivated]
blast from teh past
[account deactivated]
92% of teens have turned to revisionism and right-opportunism. If you are part of the 8% of teens still upholding real revolutionary communism, copy and paste this message to 5 other videos.

jansenist_drugstore posted:

dollars to doughnuts this guy was born after 1991

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]