Caesura109 posted:

My first flu season in Canada, was bad, but somehow another flu broke out here and 3X worse than anywhere else ive gotten it

RIP.

my w*f* got sick and we stayed at my mother in laws who is very insane and racist
i'm not going into work today, cause i just don't feel like it. personal strike! i'm going to say i just slept through my alarm... and the subsequent calls. i got a wobbs meeting tonight, today is anti-capitalist!
they probably won't fire me, but lately i've got the fuck it, so...fuck it either way.
dark Red_Canadian
I’m posting on the toilet! Taking a crap while I post, don’t give a whoop!!!!
isn't that how you make all of your posts?
it's what people do right after they flush yours
[account deactivated]
please, ladies and gentlemen, we are scientific here. use the bristol scale.
my boss is on vacation this week. i told my asst mgr i was planning on hiking in a nearby state park; he snuck me into the boss' office to find the bound volume containing boss' master's thesis on the four species of shrew native to this practically unique ecological area. the paper says boss spend nearly 5000 hours observing and humanely trapping & releasing endangered shrews for science
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

what the fuck is wrong with vancouver real estate. not even doha is this atrocious, and its really, really bad.

I'm so, so sorry. All my friends who left The City You Leave for Vancouver and Toronto have come back to me with tails between their legs because

Caesura109 posted:

what the fuck is wrong with vancouver real estate. not even doha is this atrocious, and its really, really bad.

*extremely humourless voice* Capital — profit (profit of enterprise plus interest), land — ground-rent, labour — wages, this is the trinity formula which comprises all the secrets of the social production process. Furthermo *my glasses fall off*

Vancouver suburbs have nice wave pools.
[account deactivated]
Don’t worry she won’t bother you anymore, I showed her your posts
tfw you cant lower housing prices because you cant offshore the production
isnt vancounver already offshore

housing never gonna get cheaper in my city because state legislature keeps passing laws to disrupt every affordable housing program we come up w. also rich people wont stop moving here bringing w em all their tax aversions and other bad ideas and opinions
i have to make decision between having fun and getting poison ivy way too often

ialdabaoth posted:

i have to make decision between having fun and getting poison ivy way too often

i moved from the land of light and culture to the pacific northwest. it turns out the plants here aren't constantly exuding rash inducing biotoxins. this is a game changer. might go outside, someday.

[account deactivated]
i got a job as an esl teacher and put in a resume for a pretty promising position as a part time developmental editor. i'm seeing a girl i like a lot. everything's coming up thrillhouse
Welcome protestant twerk ethic

Belphegor posted:

Welcome protestant twerk ethic

ty for the very nice welcome. you'll regret it when you see the average quality of my poasts

Lal salaam. I tried to troll DSA but it didn't work at all. They are gluttons for punishment. Fortunately, hundreds of anarchists and other crypto-trots have joined DSA, like a jilted lover emptying a box of bedbugs into your hovel.
i work on a farm
i spent all day acid washing a lime slaker
I have to find a job now. This sucks!!!
that's rough. finding jobs is awful. i don't want to ever have to find a job again frankly

getfiscal posted:

I have to find a job now. This sucks!!!

If you're willing to relocate to New York City, I will hire you and pay you $US 15 an hour.

swampman posted:

If you're willing to relocate to New York City, I will hire you and pay you $US 15 an hour.

cool, thanks

I recently got back from a couple days in Nashville for work. I don't know a ton about the city's history but it's striking how Brooklynified large swathes of the area have become. The same trendy coffee shops, yuppy cocktail bars, and the same startup "Creative class" hipsters I see when I visit NY, with those ugly glass modernist developments sprouting up right near low income housing projects. Again, I don't know a ton about the south so it's possible this is already largely running its course but in the coming years it seems to me that tons of these gentrifiers are gonna begin their exodus from coastal cities into southern metros and shit is going to get extremely bad for the working classes living there.

getfiscal posted:

Lal salaam. I tried to troll DSA but it didn't work at all. They are gluttons for punishment. Fortunately, hundreds of anarchists and other crypto-trots have joined DSA, like a jilted lover emptying a box of bedbugs into your hovel.

The punishment substitutes for activity. If you sit around feeling bad about yourself and what you're not doing, that's self crit. So by finding new and creative ways to humiliate them, you probably forced them to put off engaging the masses while they introspected. Obviously, praise is a more effective motivator, but you have to only give praise at the exact right moment. I propose that we use the voice recognition surveillance technology installed on every cell phone to listen for the phrase "Fuckin cops, man" from any DSA member. At that exact moment we have a radio DJ - or a radio DJ impersonator, if necessary - call them and give them free tickets to The National, Del the Funky Homosapien, Harvey Danger, or Patton Oswalt depending on their myers-briggs type, as a thank you from "the local workers". Get in touch with your contact at the NSA to download the app for this.

rolaids posted:

I recently got back from a couple days in Nashville for work. I don't know a ton about the city's history but it's striking how Brooklynified large swathes of the area have become. The same trendy coffee shops, yuppy cocktail bars, and the same startup "Creative class" hipsters I see when I visit NY, with those ugly glass modernist developments sprouting up right near low income housing projects. Again, I don't know a ton about the south so it's possible this is already largely running its course but in the coming years it seems to me that tons of these gentrifiers are gonna begin their exodus from coastal cities into southern metros and shit is going to get extremely bad for the working classes living there.

i live in chattanooga, tennessee, and i'm here to tell you that exactly what you've predicted has been happening and looks like it will continue happening for a long time. gentrification is a huge problem. black and working class neighborhoods are being gutted and condos are popping up everywhere. there are basically no jobs that aren't in tech, tourism, or service. especially service.

rolaids posted:

This is the age we live in. Every city on this continent is going to be like that, sooner than you'd think.

winebaby posted:

rolaids posted:

This is the age we live in. Every city on this continent is going to be like that, sooner than you'd think.

this is the age we live in. these are the posts we're given. use them and let's start trying. to make this a place worth dying in. imo

rolaids posted:

shits already real bad here, has been for a few minutes. given our median wage and average apartment costs, you basically got to have a two+ income living situation to afford a one bedroom apartment. and depending on who yr source is, metro gets 70-100 new residents per day, and we're (probably well) over 30k units short of necessary affordable housing for the present population, not that most newcomers generally require affordable housing. working folks are being pushed further and further afield; whole neighborhoods are being uprooted then supplanted via tear-down and construction of yuppie bullshit. the neighborhood i live in is gonna be toast real soon. the 2 bedroom sears-catalogue house next door got tore down and replaced with a three story mansion for example. im fixing to be moving further out later this year, looks like. landlord can't afford my rent due to effect of increases in appraised value of this property on his taxes

this city is honestly not recognizable from how it was 20 years ago. while this has been going on for some time, the flood in 2010 caused a major episode of gentrification: a significant amount of funding for disaster relief was redirected into planning for new downtown attractions, and flooded out residents were left unable to repair their homes and forced to relocate. predictably, the land they abandoned got snapped up for even more redevelopment. the liberal mayor who oversaw that deliberate debacle is now running for governor

protestant_twerk_ethic posted:

i live in chattanooga, tennessee, and i'm here to tell you that exactly what you've predicted has been happening and looks like it will continue happening for a long time. gentrification is a huge problem. black and working class neighborhoods are being gutted and condos are popping up everywhere. there are basically no jobs that aren't in tech, tourism, or service. especially service.

what you aint got car factories down there?! anyways what up fellow state person. if u want to grab a drink some time just hop on the train and come into town just hop on one of those passenger trains that connect major metropoles that we have and give me a visit in music city usa. maybe if we pool our resources we could afford to split one drink downtown

ialdabaoth posted:

protestant_twerk_ethic posted:

what you aint got car factories down there?! anyways what up fellow state person. if u want to grab a drink some time just hop on the train and come into town just hop on one of those passenger trains that connect major metropoles that we have and give me a visit in music city usa. maybe if we pool our resources we could afford to split one drink downtown

yeah we've got the volkswagen plant and the amazon fulfillment center. the volkswagen plant isn't allowed to unionize and is apparently subject to like its own sovereignty in a way i thought only applied in fucking shadowrun. and you know what fulfillment centers are like

and i'm moving to nashville in november because the i got kicked out of DSA and the local pride committee after everybody sided with my abuser. time to start over fresh in a place with a scene that's maybe less of a cess pool

e: also amazon pretty much exclusively hires contractors and temps. but again y'all know the drill there