sovnarkoman posted:

Crow posted:

Quote this ftw

why does that man still have his Christmas decorations up in May? clean your room imo.

babyhueypnewton posted:

Smug asshole stuck in adjunct hell thinks anyone who isn't overeducated is beneath him. I've never actually met anyone like that in real life, I think you have to have already failed as an academic to take yourself that seriously and try to justify your class position as above the mere proles who can't even properly MLA cite. A true vanguard of the working class.

Lol, this reminds me of this old Reddit thread with jmp,
https://www.reddit.com/r/communism/comments/17jhad/antid%C3%BChring_and_antichrist_i_marx_engels_and/
With you(probably) and jmp, talking about Nietzsche and it was pretty interesting until he tried smacking you with his credentials:

I have written comprehensives on the Philosophy canon, I have defended a dissertation, and I am recognized as someone who can speak about people like Nietzsche with credentials, the kind of training you clearly do not have––I could easily say you're not, and so I have more right to talk about this just as a physicist does about particle theory (and this physicist would be annoyed by a layperson claiming they have a "juvenile" reading)… BUT this would be as good of an argument as your comment about my "juvenile" and "shallow" understanding, see what I'm saying?

What an ass

Aspie_Muslim_Economist_ posted:

What ever happened to conec? Is she in the foreign service now?

shes dating elon musk

blinkandwheeze posted:

someone please replace the about page here with the jmp & ross wolfe quotes

i inadvertently stole this idea from bnw, this is now done

drwhat posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

i have never been prouder to collectively be a single clown with you all

drwhat posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

i love it

drwhat posted:

Thank u

[account deactivated]
i have that book, it's cool
[account deactivated]
good ol Marta
[account deactivated]

cars posted:

wait I've never seen one of the newer american 5 bills in person, do they really look like that. looks like a store credit coupon for the local pawn shop printed off their home inkjet. it looks like it's made out of recycled bus transfer slips, the ones so flimsy they disintegrate in your pocket before their 2 hour time limit is even up. did they outsource the federal mint to kleenex.

and the visual! a clipart frame sitting off center in an ocean of white space, someone must have offloaded the design job to an unpaid intern who learned indesign last week. what are the pairs of yellow dots supposed to be, the greedy eyes of a hunger crazed pack of wolves? at least that would be some kind of imagery evocative of the plague which is america, which is more than can be said of the main feature: Behold! We Have A Building With Pillars, Impressed?

honestly i think the old one looked even worse, the idea with the giant number was to make it easier for people with visual impairment to tell what denomination the bills were because with the old bills, once they had been in circulation a while that was a chore. it also made my life easier when i was a cashier. most of that redesign though was to add a bunch of anti-counterfeit measures, stuff like tiny print all over the bills, watermarks and security strips
let the record show that I took no issue with the big 5 because that is a good thing to do with modern currency, even though said large 5 presents a tantalizing opportunity to make a tired 15 years old something awful forums joke
[account deactivated]
they did change the color. and I mention the large numeral because that's why the art is offset like that, they had to balance accommodating the new design with people going apeshit over insufficient patriotism if they made any more than the bare minimum of changes to the art. Like people flipped out over Jackson's hair looking slightly different on the new 20. redesigning bills for an insane country like the United States was pretty much an impossible job that would only succeed when people forgot they used to be different
catchphrase
Hummus innocent?
But the charge was true
And now the world knows.

Branded!
not really sure how putting "my president donald trump lives here" on the money ment to stop counterfeiting?

Edited by tears ()

the next generation of americans are going to be a bunch of soulless psychopaths

shriekingviolet posted:

the next generation of americans are going to be a bunch of soulless psychopaths

that's every generation of americans !!

I once went through a lockdown active shooter drill in high school except my teacher didn’t read the email sent out prior and we all thought it was for real for like 5 minutes.
our high school principal would personally break up fights on campus and got slugged in the jaw a couple times for his trouble, never got mad about it. i assume his american equivalent would have obliterated our entire graduating class with air strikes and heavy artillery.
i am literally dylan klebold. i survived and now i post here, tHE r H i z z o n E.
[account deactivated]