im having a good time playing ffxi wiht forums poster marimite
one other third of our guild is co-author of marijuana simpson and fellow other offsite poster
are you paying money to squeenix or do you play on a legacy pirate server. but also do not do this to yourself, mmos are the devil's vidya, etc.
were playing on nasomi which is meant to be 2005-era

and i know im playing like 12 hours a day already
Speaking of Squeenix, I just got the the final endings for NiEr: Automata. My overall impression was meh. It's a beautiful but too short game (or an ugly game with beautifully rendered characters), with annoying sidequests and samey combat, wrapped around a plot and dialogue w freshman level existentialism 101 musings by sexy robots. I give it 7/10, save your money to waste on the new Dark Souls remaster instead I guess.
my friends have been gushing about god of war and it inspired me to just throw all my gaming shit in the trash and move on

Kiyomonster posted:

Speaking of Squeenix, I just got the the final endings for NiEr: Automata. My overall impression was meh. It's a beautiful but too short game (or an ugly game with beautifully rendered characters), with annoying sidequests and samey combat, wrapped around a plot and dialogue w freshman level existentialism 101 musings by sexy robots. I give it 7/10, save your money to waste on the new Dark Souls remaster instead I guess.

kamelred posted:

my friends have been gushing about god of war and it inspired me to just throw all my gaming shit in the trash and move on

c-c-combo post: i read and heard a bunch of gushing shit about nier: automata, so i forced myself to play through to ending A and then (after much reticence) ending B and then somewhere early on in my C run (i think) i stared into the middle distance and said "i don't like any of this, this is fucking garbage, fuck this", ejected the disk and mostly haven't touched a game since

i think the last time i actually enjoyed a new game was bully on the ps2. i finished the story and felt completion, like "i will never play this again". i've fired it up a couple times since and didn't get into it again

i'm old now i guess

drwhat posted:

Kiyomonster posted:

kamelred posted:

c-c-combo post: i read and heard a bunch of gushing shit about nier: automata, so i forced myself to play through to ending A and then (after much reticence) ending B and then somewhere early on in my C run (i think) i stared into the middle distance and said "i don't like any of this, this is fucking garbage, fuck this", ejected the disk and mostly haven't touched a game since

everyone dies, all the humans died long ago, the robots are lonely and wonder about existence. you get to decide at the end if they get reincarnated or shot into space. thats about it. oh and the credits roll w a shmup game where you can delete all your save info to help other players (i didn't :p).

drwhat posted:

Kiyomonster posted:

kamelred posted:

everyone dies, all the humans died long ago, the robots are lonely and wonder about existence. you get to decide at the end if they get reincarnated or shot into space. thats about it. oh and the credits roll w a shmup game where you can delete all your save info to help other players (i didn't :p).

the first nier was the stronger work of fiction & had a better cast of lovable shitheads, though automata is a better game qua game than the first

also i understand "annoying sidequests" to be sort of a yoko taro calling card, his eternal heaping of scorn upon completionists. i think platinum did more to rein that in than cavia, who just humored it wholesale and made 100% completion a truly masochistic endeavor

Edited by Constantignoble ()

kamelred posted:

close thread

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

swampman posted:

Still the last game Ive played. Clean since february. But check out that mf inventory

nice.
i'm playing minecraft again with the projectE mod (end game alchemy stuff) and... i love it
I hate the Souls games. There was like a 4 year run when every indie game had to copy the ultrageneric dark fantasy setting where you run around an empty world where everyone's ghosts or sad zombies or some shit and you get to learn the convoluted but trite story by collecting items and reading flavor text. Playing Souls games--and the copycats--is such an alienating and depressing experience. I don't play games to get more bored and depressed. I mean, that's the consequence of playing games, but it's not why I do it, and I don't like having my nose rubbed in it. So glad that cloud has finally lifted.

Anyway I just played Cuphead. Pretty cool, but very frustrating. The hardest game I've played since Mega Man 2.5D.
i am currently busy getting owned by into the breach

karphead posted:

i'm playing minecraft again with the projectE mod (end game alchemy stuff) and... i love it

have you tried/seen blightfall? it's kind of amazing

Does anyone else find it interesting that the vast majority of fantasy medieval settings have a polytheistic pantheon with a Christian, or rather Catholic and by extension a Roman aesthetic? It’s like all the fantasy writers hate what Constantine did and wished that paganism survived the collapse of Rome and the Dark Ages. Idk random thoughts lol.

drwhat posted:

have you tried/seen blightfall? it's kind of amazing

that looks p. cool, i look forward to playing it in 5 years after i burn myself out this time

Dimashq posted:

Does anyone else find it interesting that the vast majority of fantasy medieval settings have a polytheistic pantheon with a Christian, or rather Catholic and by extension a Roman aesthetic? It’s like all the fantasy writers hate what Constantine did and wished that paganism survived the collapse of Rome and the Dark Ages. Idk random thoughts lol.

since the end of the satanic panic and the start of the consumer boom outside the West, it’s probably just the safest way to avoid bad publicity

[account deactivated]
supposedly zelda was mostly inspired by the same stuff as pokemon, the ways Japanese post-war kids amused themselves, in that case by running around outside and finding and exploring caves and abandoned structures
[account deactivated]
speaking of not erasing class, where's the communist review of tooth and tail, the communist furry rts

(i haven't actually played it)
(running into this thread and getting two words out before collapsing dead on the ground)
Stalker ... 2
So there's a Posadist mod for HOI4

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1156789523&searchtext=

Hearts of Iron 4 is on sale on steam right now, really tempted to buy it but the last thing my social life needs is another Paradox game that can and will consume 10 hours of my time at a stretch. Somebody please tell me it's Bad and Not Good so I don't feel like buying it
just wait for imperator next year, looks pretty dope

Belphegor posted:

Hearts of Iron 4 is on sale on steam right now, really tempted to buy it but the last thing my social life needs is another Paradox game that can and will consume 10 hours of my time at a stretch. Somebody please tell me it's Bad and Not Good so I don't feel like buying it

AI is stupid and 90% of the mods are alt-right fanfic. But you know that only makes you more curious.

Dimashq posted:

just wait for imperator next year, looks pretty dope

Michael Parenti Caesarian Faction Mod

Personally can’t wait to see Paradox’s reading of Perry Anderson

Edited by dimashq ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
just got hit by a blue shell. fuming
hey you guys ever heard a nerd share their opinion before?
I heard u kids like minecraft - What if it was real https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2018/05/22/the-us-is-running-out-of-bombs-and-it-may-soon-struggle-to-make-more/
Willy Wonka Running Out of Candy