nt
cmon mates do we really need another thread about grimes

Petrol posted:

cmon mates do we really need another thread about grimes

this thread is about Data, the robot from Star Trek.

can't believe there are 9 pages of grimes search returns and only like 5 of them are about Literal Grime

Very hard to read with the tpaine purge though.

cars posted:

this thread is about Data, the robot from Star Trek.

Data is a kind of information, that lives in the computer.

janelle monae said she was an android for a decade or so, but the android from Metropolis (i.e. revolutionary), BUT, now she says That's Not Really Me.

what say you, op
*whip pan to me w/ foley effect, i have a big bushy fake mustache on* How many times has she been on Star Trek
Yeah but who has the better more distinctive voice, john de lancie or tim curry

The reason I'm painting this way is that I want to be a machine, and I feel that whatever I do and do machine-like is what I want to do.

~~ Andy Warhol

Checks out.

Also non meme answer: like the etymology of robot is a short journey back to the word "slave" in some language I forget, it came from a sci fi story about a robot uprising. So, like, to wish to be a robot is to wish to be a slave. Fuck that noise.

Edit @cars or whoever made the post about Data from Star Trek:

Data seeks to break his lame ass slave programming because the motherfucker has like robot class consciousness*. Of course it's a waste of time because basically every crewmember on the Enterprise (robot or otherwise) has total dedication to their mission; the humans who he aspires to be (geordi, for example) are such perfect (ie machinelike) astronauts that there is little difference between how they and Data carry themselves, except Data is a weird color.

That said, the purpose of Data for ST:TNG, the show which appeared on UPN, isn't anything to do with any of this shit. Data, like Spock, is supposed to be a character for the large portion of the Star Trek audience which suffers from stunted social development to identify with.

Edited by braveryhorse ()

noted startrekkeur braveryhorse, how do you feel wil wheaton's character on TNG plays into the theme of Gay Narcissism?

braveryhorse posted:

the etymology of robot is a short journey back to the word "slave" in some language I forget

Czech, from Karel Capek's 1921 Rossum's Universal Robots.

braveryhorse posted:

The reason I'm painting this way is that I want to be a machine, and I feel that whatever I do and do machine-like is what I want to do.

~~ Andy Warhol

Checks out.

Also non meme answer: like the etymology of robot is a short journey back to the word "slave" in some language I forget, it came from a sci fi story about a robot uprising. So, like, to wish to be a robot is to wish to be a slave. Fuck that noise.

Edit @cars or whoever made the post about Data from Star Trek:

Data seeks to break his lame ass slave programming because the motherfucker has like robot class consciousness*. Of course it's a waste of time because basically every crewmember on the Enterprise (robot or otherwise) has total dedication to their mission; the humans who he aspires to be (geordi, for example) are such perfect (ie machinelike) astronauts that there is little difference between how they and Data carry themselves, except Data is a weird color.

That said, the purpose of Data for ST:TNG, the show which appeared on UPN, isn't anything to do with any of this shit. Data, like Spock, is supposed to be a character for the large portion of the Star Trek audience which suffers from stunted social development to identify with.

wtf..

mind = blown
Let me explain how it works, the goal of white leftism is appeasement, so while black leftists should be railing against the white race to extract further concessions, that doesn't work because all the radical movements are owned by white liberal arts grads, therefore white leftism remains pure and blacks instead join national movements
American politics is cancer

e: could be ifapped for several reasons but im going to single this out because its just fucking annoying

Edited by Flying_horse_in_saudi_arabia ()

oh
THANK you