[account deactivated]
Mary J. Sakai

sakai posted:

You got to hand it to patriarchal capitalism. Just when we thought that the Bushites were on the run, and maybe ku klux klan civilization's day is over, they come up with some stunning new maneuver. Like this man of theirs, Barak Obama. A biologically white woman versus a biologically African-American man wrestling live on television for the... white man's big toilet seat of power? This is a mutant, science-fiction moment. So what is it with the Obama Show, anyhow?

good post

hello friends, if you were perhaps looking to read a pamphlet/booklet of juicy words by some person, never having read anything buy that person, how long would you want it to be question mark

here is an example length: 40 pages
preferably 420 pages but failing that i would accept 69 pages.

Petrol posted:

preferably 420 pages but failing that i would accept 69 pages.

911 pages it is then

Sakai is bullshit. read better stuff

animedad posted:

But this is “the on­line mes­sage board where shit-tier Maoist Third Worldists and oth­er ran­dom nerds can meet and mingle”, therefore read Settlers imo

animedad posted:

what would you suggest?

Gerald Horne maybe? Philip foner, WEB Dubois. peer reviewed socially researched history? I mean Sakai, who the fuck is he and why the consensus around him?

animedad posted:

Gerald Horne maybe? Philip foner, WEB Dubois. peer reviewed socially researched history? I mean Sakai, who the fuck is he and why the consensus around him?

I thought the new Gerald Horne in MR just got posted here? I'd be interested in hearing Horne and Sakai's opinions of each other's work, I'm not sure what their political differences would be? Dubois and Foner have stopped trying to stay relevant, I qwonder what they're up to instead of publishing new material

tears posted:

animedad posted:

what would you suggest?

have you heard of this guy...called...karl marx????????????*******

animedad posted:

He's a proletarian writer with good insights.

animedad posted:

Sakai is bullshit.

*sparks fly as I slam the desk with the big sphere in my glove* Call your first witness.

sovnarkoman posted:

tears posted:

animedad posted:

what would you suggest?

have you heard of this guy...called...karl marx????????????*******

no i have never heard

what i've read of horne has been great but i don't see any reason to discount an author just because they're not one of the five or six reds to still operate within the good graces of academia. i've met enough academics to be disabused of the notion that they're necessarily better equipped to interpret the world

i mean, "who the fuck is" james yaki sayles or butch lee, for that matter? what gatekeeper approved their writing?
i like j sakai because every time they dive into the past its to find information about what we do about the future
sakai is really funny and would have made a great forums poster, which is the only reasonable criteria for evaluating an author

lo posted:

would have made a great forums poster

the man's not dead, there's still a chance

animedad posted:

I mean Sakai, who the fuck is he and why the consensus around him?

Have you read his work, if so what's wrong with it, if not why the vitriol

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

AZ_IZ_OT posted:

dunking on sakai is funny in the context of being really into baldwin

Always Be Colonizin' - alec baldwin

toyotathon posted:

he's just trollin

i find it hard to believe someone would troll under the handle "anime dad".

Sakai? How many divisions has he got?
i will fight anyone irl that thinks settlers is not a valid historical materialist examination of labor in thee you-nited $n@KKKes o'a meriKkka

gay_swimmer posted:

glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this all the time

animedad posted:

i dont think anyone here is opposed to discussing the work of these ppl if you wanna start a thread or put their work on readdubois.com or whatever.

[account deactivated]
i sincerely wish the full weight of slavery upon thee, animedad, before thou post again

karphead posted:

i sincerely wish the full weight of slavery upon thee, animedad, before thou post again

rude

how many degrees did this Stalin guy have. Zero? What a poser

swampman posted:

karphead posted:

rude

more like embarrassed at getting trolled, anyway...

[account deactivated]
what i got is that the lumpen are classless in that they have no fixed relation to the means of production, no endogenous interests, and therefore can be hitched to the wagon of any class project, and this is actually good
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

realized falling asleep last night that i missed the dang book's point, that this whole time, it hasn't been bourgeoisie rule, it's been co-class rule. shared rule between lumpen and bourgeoisie. a parasite class alliance. pretty radical stuff mr. sakai.

"Who is the parasite--the unionized crane operator putting up the condo high rise next door or the young sex worker a block away from where im writing this tonight?"

[account deactivated]