let's SWAT the landlord
thatsa good snipe

Edited by swampman ()

Superb Owl

more street gang violence

probably the best part of this one is how after insisting his behavior was institutionally protected the oink immediately panicked anyway and tore out into traffic like Godzilla was chasing him, presumably when he realized his NYPD Motherfucker incantation did not generate an immediate psychokinetic shield
people can go back and forth cynically accusing each other of grandstanding or tsk-tsk-ing about the risk a response entails, but it's completely clear that the only way to control the police in the United States is through social transformation of cops' knee-knocking fears—fears of instant, brutal, community-supported displays of commensurate force against them whenever they attack—into not just reality but a commonplace norm. until that happens there is no stopping them

typical
carbon capture and storage idea: seal all the police deep underground until they turn to oil
the cops, and the klan you say???

California police worked with neo-Nazis to pursue 'anti-racist' activists, documents show

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/09/california-police-white-supremacists-counter-protest posted:

California police investigating a violent white nationalist event worked with white supremacists in an effort to identify counter-protesters and sought the prosecution of activists with “anti-racist” beliefs, court documents show.

The records, which also showed officers expressing sympathy with white supremacists and trying to protect a neo-Nazi organizer’s identity, were included in a court briefing from three anti-fascist activists who were charged with felonies after protesting at a Sacramento rally. The defendants were urging a judge to dismiss their case and accused California police and prosecutors of a “cover-up and collusion with the fascists”.

In one phone call with Doug McCormack, identified by police as the TWP affiliate who acquired the permit for the Sacramento rally, CHP investigator Donovan Ayres warned him that police might have to release his name in response to a public records requests. The officer said he would try to protect McCormack.

“I’m gonna suggest that we hold that or redact your name or something until this gets resolved,” Ayres told McCormack, adding that he didn’t know who had requested records of the permit and noting, “If I did, I would tell you.”

Ayres’s reports noted that McCormack was armed at the rally with a knife.

The officer’s write-up about an African American anti-fascist activist included a photo of him at the hospital after the rally and noted that he had been stabbed in the abdomen, chest and hand.

Ayres, however, treated the protester like a suspect in the investigation. The police investigator recommended the man be charged with 11 offenses, including disturbing the peace, conspiracy, assault, unlawful assembly and wearing a mask to evade police.

As evidence, Ayres provided Facebook photos of the man holding up his fist. The officer wrote that the man’s “Black Power salute” and his “support for anti-racist activism” demonstrated his “intent and motivation to violate the civil rights” of the neo-Nazi group. He was ultimately not charged.

Officers also worked with TWP member Derik Punneo to try to identify anti-fascist activists, recordings revealed. Officers interviewed Punneo in jail after he was arrested for an unrelated domestic violence charge. Audio recordings captured investigators saying they brought photos to show him, hoping he could help them identify anti-fascist activists.

The officers said, “We’re pretty much going after them,” and assured him: “We’re looking at you as a victim.”

Ayres’s report noted that Punneo was armed with a knife at the neo-Nazi rally and that one stabbing victim told officers he believed Punneo was responsible. Using video footage, Ayres also noted that Punneo was “in the vicinity” of another victim at the time he was injured, but the officer said the evidence ultimately wasn’t clear.

wow that's so courageous of the guardian, covering this story 2 years later after the damage is done instead of while it was actually happening and we all knew it. cutting edge reporting great job
today i was at a barbecue joint in a small mountain town and two sheriffs deputies were there. when they went to get their food some random thirty something white guys had paid for the cops lunches like they were goddamned troops in an airport bar. it was all i could do to stop from throwing up my pulled pork
or, i see from your subsequent posting, from detonating your suicide vest
it was really good barbecue, and i thought depriving the community of that outweighed the potential benefits

it just goes to show how a town's relationship with leos can change when there are no pocs for miles around. its as if the cops have already accomplished their mission and now theyre just people who open carry and give speeding tickets to out of towners passing through
[account deactivated]

tears posted:

carbon capture and storage idea: seal all the police deep underground until they turn to oil

Gotta love your Anglo-American heritage!
We've arrived at the actual fasces stage of policing
more like the faeces stage.lol
two cops got killed in suburban ohio and it's national news. when you consider how big a story a couple of cops getting shot responding to a call is, you wonder why you dont hear about this in the news more often. And then you realize...

Edited by ilmdge ()

Baltimore Police officers found guilty of racketeering, robbery in Gun Trace Task Force corruption case
Baltimore Sun 15h ago
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-gttf-verdict-20180208-story.html

https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dol/supp_info/burge-reparations-information/burge-reparations--frequently-asked-questions.html

6. If I file a claim for financial reparations, will I have to waive my claims against the City?

Yes. As a precondition to being considered for financial reparations, you must sign a written waiver and release of any claims, losses, damages, or expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs, in any way arising out of or relating to the torture or physical abuse.

ilmdge posted:

when you consider how big a story a couple of cops getting shot responding to a call is, you wonder why you dont hear about this in the news more often

horns.aiff

animedad posted:

https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dol/supp_info/burge-reparations-information/burge-reparations--frequently-asked-questions.html6. If I file a claim for financial reparations, will I have to waive my claims against the City?

Yes. As a precondition to being considered for financial reparations, you must sign a written waiver and release of any claims, losses, damages, or expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs, in any way arising out of or relating to the torture or physical abuse.

you were also only able to file a claim between May 6 2015 (the date of enaction of the ordinance) and August 4 2015. sorry we tortured you, you have 90 days to get the paperwork in order then you're shit out of luck forever byeeee

it kind of boggles the mind. the legitimate fact is that Cook Co. court systems have engaged in a cover up of torture for decades, and *still engage in torture routinely to this day* as evidenced recently in msm by Guardian's Homan Square coverage. instead of fighting this cover up directly they have used (likely bogus, imo) "prison abolition" activists to say that it is a win for prison abolition to circumvent the courts and get 100K for each survivor provided that they completely waive their claims or future claims. who knows what is actually on the waiver
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/88bsgv/my_father_was_arrested_while_having_a_stroke/

http://www.wave3.com/story/37929792/body-found-in-backseat-of-burned-car-on-arkansas-st
burning a body in a car is like a relatively common cop way to get rid of someone too, probably because they've been trained to know it's difficult to get usable forensic evidence out of it
Started following nyc public defenders on twitter...
[account deactivated]
DSA is CPUSA complaining that they're being repressed because someone opened their mail while george jackson was getting a full clip form the pigs

toyotathon posted:

the PSL office got surrounded, by his count, 38 cop cars, to intimidate people returning from the south sac protest

y'all must be doing a few things right then

Fuck the police
walking off hands up like 'whoopsie doodle!!!'
CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. - The family of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student David Hogg was "swatted" Tuesday morning, causing police to respond to their Parkland home.

A call came into the Broward Sheriff's Office claiming a hostage situation at the home.

Coral Springs Fire Rescue arrived at the scene to find there was no hostage situation and the call was a prank.
*radio chatter* uh yeah ten four, we got a jerky boys segment down here on sycamore with uh, major blood loss over