the first song on that akhlys album is sikk. used to put it whenever i was lifting weights
the new bell witch is good.
[account deactivated]
there's a new slugdge and it's brutal

chop shop ftw
heck,

Edited by swampman ()

can anybuggy recomend me something that sounds like this:

that isnt mgla please and thank you
hi tears, maybe early Watain. Also you might like the Icelandic scene, Skáphe, Misþyrming, Naðra, etc.

maybe sargeist..
i find it kind of hard to recommend bands in that style because it doesnt really stand out nearly as much as some do. so its like, is this really similar enough or not
sorry i dont even know how to describe the sound i am looking for i havent really listened to black metal properly since forever - basically slow and repetative and not feeling like the bits where some one is banging the drums as fast as they can overtakes the whole thing, catchy but not sounding like someones dnd campaign,

like this

i am fussy
i feel like i shouldn't be drawing a blank on that request but i am. some stuff regardless:

here's a thing i randomly chanced upon not too long ago and liked enough to relisten right away afterwards

good mix of memorable riffs and groove/atmosphere stuff

and lastly here's a thing i really liked a few years ago and recently remembered

Edited by Constantignoble ()

thank you everyone, i have enjoyed some of the suggested things, my favorite thing is when im playing a youtube and i go wow this black metal sounds pretty good and i go to look at the youtube and realise i have two youtube playing at the same time

anyway this wasnt at all what i was looking for but i like anyway

tears posted:

my favorite thing is when im playing a youtube and i go wow this black metal sounds pretty good and i go to look at the youtube and realise i have two youtube playing at the same time

tears posted:

anyway this wasnt at all what i was looking for but i like anyway

i bought this bands first album from them on tape in like 2013 for some reason. its ok. the coolest thing about it was that their shipping confirmation email had a signature at the end that said Support The Pure Blasphemy And The Underground

heres a band that really likes beherit

Constantignoble posted:

i keep coming back to this one, lots of catchy bits

this bravehart tribute band has really grown on me

posted a track from this a while ago; finally got around to hearing the whole thing

lets start a death metal band.. who else here is ready to get some enraged bears scarified into their cheeks and forehead
Hell,
"enraged bears scarified" sounds like one hell of a Pride weekend party

swampman posted:

lets start a death metal band.. who else here is ready to get some enraged bears scarified into their cheeks and forehead

ill do the vocals. and make the website

hail

hail

heirs to the dumb ass mortician throne

fucken hail
mortician and all similar stupid caveman style bands, ftw
who was it who recomended this one becaue

*raises hand*

paysage d’hiver owns
seems a bit rude to tell Baumfrau to die, but who am i to judge really
i dig this band because slow black metal like early samael with spooky keyboards isnt really a sound that many people are doing atm and theyre good at it
hello tears you might like this

a lot like Mgla

pretty impressive sound to have cultivated in 1993; i'd have guessed this was from 5-10 years later

then again carcass also released Heartwork that year
demilich is sick

Constantignoble posted:

pretty impressive sound to have cultivated in 1993; i'd have guessed this was from 5-10 years later

then again carcass also released Heartwork that year

demilich are one of the only good tech death bands ever probably along with this band