Horselord posted:

the netherlands is legit the most fucking boring place to ride a bike though the countryside because every road is completely flat and arrow streight

some motherfuckers always tryin a bike ride uphill

I want to run a ton but I don't have any running shoes and the only shoes I have right now are Oxfords and sort of hiking sneakers, which aren't heavy to walk around in but would be bad for running. It's a real pickle.
Went to the gym for the first time in a decade. Threw up after 30 minutes trying to do shit I wasn't ready to. But damn endorphins feel nice, I forgot about that. Legs and triceps got a nice burn.
i finally buckled and signed up for a gym cause walking everywhere is not enough anymore. going to be uploading my excel spreadsheets and measuring my bicep diameter once i can convince myself to do anything other than run on a treadmill and then be in the steamroom for half an hour
I did 10 min of elliptical, 2 sets of 10 rep 30 lbs facepulls, 20 reps Russian twists, 24 seconds of Spiderman planks, and 10 reps of squats with a 10 lbs medicine ball. Then 2 sets of thigh machines on 50 lbs, glute and inner thigh. Then hydro massage. Real nice. Planet fitness is great. But yeah too much abdominal work for a first time and I shouldn't have eaten that much before going.

Parenti posted:

I want to run a ton but I don't have any running shoes and the only shoes I have right now are Oxfords and sort of hiking sneakers, which aren't heavy to walk around in but would be bad for running. It's a real pickle.

I run in my bigass steelworker boots because as previously established, I hate my knees. Ankle weight users: get on my fucking level

Parenti posted:

Have you heard of Feet, nature's running shoes?

500 burpees

misanthropic_rage posted:

500 burpees

with a pushup, or just a plank?

always pushups and a jump
tHE r H i z z o n E has an unusually big number of terrifying jocks
it may comfort everyone to remember that i for one am a fat nerd.
the scene from spartacus where they're all standing up but its rhizzone posters saying 'im small and unintimidating'
i do crossfit tho
Last night's ab rotation:
15x inclined bottoms-up: lie on your back on an inclined board, head elevated. raise your legs off the board to horizontal, this is the starting position. Lift your legs and lower back off the board and thrust your feet straight up, then lower your feet back to the starting position. More incline = harder, this can be done on a flat board as well
25x uh, leg-deficit crunches? Step 1 lie on your back on a flat board, gripping an exercise ball behind your bent legs. For the lower ab crunches, your butt should be mostly off the board, and your hands behind your head to hold the board. bend at the hips to bring your legs up with the ball, then lower them back down so the exercise ball is almost touching the floor. 25 reps. Step 2, move back on the board so your butt is supported, the ball raised up, then extend your arms up and flex your upper abs to reach the ceiling, in a vertical crunch. 25 reps.
25x side hip raise, with the supporting arm up on a bench, each side
40x kettle bell.. stacking? Balance on your butt on the floor, ankles and elbows elevated, with a kettlebell at your left side. Reach across with your right hand, pick up the kettlebell, set it down on your right. Repeat with the left hand. Try to raise the bell up so it doesn't hit your hips on the way over and don't rush. I used 15lb kettlebell
Do 3 sets of this.. its a good way to follow eg. a chest specific workout that has been engaging your abs
doubling down on the nicotine diet
why is there no smoke yourself to death (sytd) subforum??
I discovered yesterday that introducing a person into your running group (me and my girlfriend) who you don’t know is great fucking motivation to not stop while running and look like a weak loser dweeb so I made it further than I normally do without stopping.
After reading Behind The Urals I was curious about black bread so I looked up some recipes but they all call for some bullshit like cocoa powder or coffee grounds to get the right color? does Anyfurry know what the real recipe for black bread is. and what makes it turn black
isn't it just 100% fuck-you dark rye? though i can't find a recipe either
yea it's coarse ground wholegrain rye, yeast or sour started, water and salt at its core, schwartzbrot also isn't literally straigth up black just dark brown
add some black ink
have you tried leaving your door open?
anyone got a recipe for Vantablack bread? pm
remember to eat your veggies
i did weights last night for the first time in months. feelin nice about it

tears posted:

doubling down on the nicotine diet

it works, im thin now

i quit smoking and to balance that out I'm going to do squats until I die.
[account deactivated]
I have donated to the wise man of squats for his presence & teachings and have yet to destroy my spine. I have faith in him though.
been working out my drinkin arm and suppin ale
I need to work my bicep, shoulder, and forearm to get better at holding server trays for work, so what would y'all recommend for someone twiggy as fuck
3 sets of pullups and pushups to exhaustion every 3 days. vary your pull-ups by using different grips (wide/overhand/underhand), vary your push-ups by different hand placements (normal/wide/narrow). keep the time between sets short (no more than 2 minutes). use push-up handles for less wrist strain. be consistent. post if you are slacking so we can shame you.

karphead posted:

post so we can shame you

agreed, but with the caveat that the entire "about" page is replaced with this

karphead posted:

3 sets of pullups and pushups to exhaustion every 3 days. vary your pull-ups by using different grips (wide/overhand/underhand), vary your push-ups by different hand placements (normal/wide/narrow). keep the time between sets short (no more than 2 minutes). use push-up handles for less wrist strain. be consistent. post if you are slacking so we can shame you.

Ill do my best to maintain this and will start Saturday. Thanks!

You should add squats and deadlifts to that. Your arms and shoulders can't reach the strength and stability you can achieve in your legs which are the primary tool in preventing accidents.

Consider that it's much easier to work the extremities, and they often get tired before the central muscle group that you're trying to work. Push ups involve your triceps and can't be shifted to work the biceps, unlike pull ups vs chin ups. In particular I think wide grip push ups are a bad idea for a beginner, because they can put your shoulder in a bad position. Narrow grip push ups are extremely tricep focused and will probably be too hard for you to do an effective number at first. Personally I would stay, stick with shoulder width pushups, and worry more about your form. "To exhaustion" should mean, when your form starts to fail, not when you physically can not pick yourself up off the floor. Doing an enormous number of reps is not as important as maintaining proper form. For a push up this means keeping your torso perpendicular to the floor at all times (bending your hips moderately to achieve this) and lowering yourself slowly.

In fact it's during the lowering phase of the push up - the "negative" phase of the movement - that the muscle takes damage under load and builds back stronger. And this is also true of the pull up and any exercise. It's not just about heaving yourself up at the bar but about holding the contraction at the top of the movement and then lowering yourself slowly back to a full stretch. Note also that different pull ups work different muscles, and in combination with the push ups, a wide grip pull up is going to overlap the least with the push up and allow you to work your lats the hardest before your arms fail. There's good reasons to alternate between grip styles, so if you do that, you might consider doing for example, pull ups every 3 days and push ups every 2 days. For example:

Day: Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
Pullup: Wide Under Wide Over Wide
Pushup: Norm Close Norm Close Norm Close Norm

Again you should consider adding squats and deadlifts to this... but that probably means joining a gym, which would open up a lot of other exercises - especially push up alternatives that work more on stability or on your shoulders, and dips as well, and calf and forearm specific exercises (it's almost impossible to over-work your calves), until your life becomes a topiary of human meats
my partner has a planet fitness black membership so i go sometimes but not with any regularity and have mostly been working legs. ive been doing leg presses, leg lifts, and goblet squats.
buy a resistance band for pre and post shoulder stretching

[account deactivated]
I just did 3.5 miles of trail running without stopping, new record